The Religious Right

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2013, 06:12 PM
RE: The Religious Right
Bigot. Dodgy
She should stop complaining about "gays in education" and go get an education about gays.
On the brighter side, she made a complete ass of herself and the guy sitting behind her helped drive that point home. Smile

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
12-10-2013, 07:10 PM
This isn't the worst I heard of, far from it. The christian right want nothing more than theocracy. Everyday there seems to be some bullshit about them advocating intelligent design and prayer in schools and they yell and shout to have the ten commandments in courtrooms, even them trying to ban a book because they think its "indecent" or "promotes witchcraft" or burning them.... Every holiday season they complain about store clerks saying, "happy holidays" they just don't realize they aren't the only game in town. Just don't tell them christmas was originally a pagan holidayTongue Same thing with the christmas tree, they gripe when they call it a "holiday tree" even though it also has a pagan origin. They don't even know their own history and our willfully ignorant of our founding fathers that laid a solid wall separating church and state. Its nothing but a numbers game to them and if they are opposed even the slightest thing its called being oppressed or a war on christianity. Worst of all they are numerous and have political power. The christian right are the extremist side I know, the other christians who many keep to themselves and not proselytize and would never dream of a theocracy. They know what a horrible idea it is.
13-10-2013, 12:54 PM
(12-10-2013 08:25 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  
(11-10-2013 08:39 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  There is absolutely no bottom for these people. They can never seem to hit a point where they say 'this is just too crazy'. No. I guarantee you. In one year, this woman will seem sane compared to the right wing wackos of 2014.

"Right wing wackos"!

Thanks be that we have no "Left wing wackos"....right?

All things being equal, there has NEVER been a left wing wacko who would say anything this stupid.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
13-10-2013, 12:56 PM
(12-10-2013 11:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 04:01 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Madness.

Slightly amusing reactions from the guy sitting behind her.

The guy sitting behind her was worth the 5 minutes. And he looks like the TeenSkeptic. Big Grin

Yeah, he's a hoot!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

13-10-2013, 01:03 PM
(12-10-2013 11:57 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 04:01 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  Madness.

Slightly amusing reactions from the guy sitting behind her.

The guy sitting behind her was worth the 5 minutes. And he looks like the TeenSkeptic. Big Grin

Really? Blush

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
13-10-2013, 01:06 PM
The Religious Right
(13-10-2013 12:54 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(12-10-2013 08:25 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  "Right wing wackos"!

Thanks be that we have no "Left wing wackos"....right?

All things being equal, there has NEVER been a left wing wacko who would say anything this stupid.

Are you joking? There are wackos in every political camp, including the left.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
13-10-2013, 01:23 PM
(13-10-2013 01:06 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 12:54 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  All things being equal, there has NEVER been a left wing wacko who would say anything this stupid.

Are you joking? There are wackos in every political camp, including the left.

Please demonstrate one who has said something that dumb.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

13-10-2013, 01:30 PM
The Religious Right
(13-10-2013 01:23 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 01:06 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  Are you joking? There are wackos in every political camp, including the left.

Please demonstrate one who has said something that dumb.

All of the Democrats claiming that the Republicans are 'terrorists' or that they are negotiating with bombs strapped to their chests, and only because they disagree about the debt limit or the government shut down. That isn't as dumb as what this wacko said, but it is still dumb. Everyone has their wackos.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
13-10-2013, 02:10 PM
(13-10-2013 01:30 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 01:23 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Please demonstrate one who has said something that dumb.

All of the Democrats claiming that the Republicans are 'terrorists' or that they are negotiating with bombs strapped to their chests, and only because they disagree about the debt limit or the government shut down. That isn't as dumb as what this wacko said, but it is still dumb. Everyone has their wackos.

And here we see the most annoying thing about libertarians. They make an unqualified statement then when called on it they make a second unqualified statement and then double down on the original unqualified statement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-10-2013, 02:59 PM
The Religious Right
(13-10-2013 02:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-10-2013 01:30 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  All of the Democrats claiming that the Republicans are 'terrorists' or that they are negotiating with bombs strapped to their chests, and only because they disagree about the debt limit or the government shut down. That isn't as dumb as what this wacko said, but it is still dumb. Everyone has their wackos.

And here we see the most annoying thing about libertarians. They make an unqualified statement then when called on it they make a second unqualified statement and then double down on the original unqualified statement.

I was simply pointing out that there are idiots and wackos everywhere, including in the Libertarian Party.

"Laissez nous faire!"