The Republican Perty needs another Reagan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: The Republican Perty needs another Reagan
(01-05-2012 02:06 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 02:00 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  Clinton enjoyed that as well, but it North American Free Trade Agreement
LOL I'm aware. It's a Family Guy joke.

[Image: fg_5ACX07_03_tbsbroad_website_24fps_tmb0...070402.jpg]

I figured...but just to be on the safe side... Cool
I saw that episode. Clinton was such a smooth talker he talked everyone into bed that he came across...LOL

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
(01-05-2012 02:08 PM)reverendjeremiah Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 02:06 PM)germanyt Wrote:  LOL I'm aware. It's a Family Guy joke.

[Image: fg_5ACX07_03_tbsbroad_website_24fps_tmb0...070402.jpg]

I figured...but just to be on the safe side... Cool
I saw that episode. Clinton was such a smooth talker he talked everyone into bed that he came across...LOL
Hey Peter, we could totally eat that pig, man. It'd be so easy.
[Image: Family_Guy_Peter_Bill_Clinton_stoned_pig.gif]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
(01-05-2012 01:00 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  But sadly Reagan is unelectable by today's GOP political standards. Discuss.
Oh, for the love of God, no. Not another dimwit with an even dimmer wife.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
02-05-2012, 09:35 PM
(01-05-2012 09:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 01:00 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  But sadly Reagan is unelectable by today's GOP political standards. Discuss.
Oh, for the love of God, no. Not another dimwit with an even dimmer wife.

I disagree. I think Reagan wasa smart, savvy politician who did a lot for the Nation - not without his negatives, mind you.

In Re to the Clinton responses, I didn't vote for him but in hindsight he did a pretty good job in office. He is the only president in my lifetime that both balanced the budget and started paying off the national debt by the end of his second term. He also would be unelectable by the standards of the left today.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 10:45 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(02-05-2012 09:35 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 09:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Oh, for the love of God, no. Not another dimwit with an even dimmer wife.

I disagree. I think Reagan wasa smart, savvy politician who did a lot for the Nation - not without his negatives, mind you.

In Re to the Clinton responses, I didn't vote for him but in hindsight he did a pretty good job in office. He is the only president in my lifetime that both balanced the budget and started paying off the national debt by the end of his second term. He also would be unelectable by the standards of the left today.
What standards of the left would rule out Clinton?
You realize his wife came damn close to being president in 2008, right?

You only have to say one word to disprove everything you just said about Reagan.
Reaganomics.

You honestly can't get much worse than unleashing the Trickle Down Economic scam onto the American People. Which has subsequently flat-lined wages for the middle and lower classes, while allowing the wages of the upper epsilon to skyrocket. thus damn near killing the middle class.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
04-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Figured this didn't need it's own thread.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/05/04/news/eco...ce=cnn_bin

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-05-2012, 08:43 AM
What the Republican Party actually needs ...
What the Republican Party actually needs is another Goldwater.

[*] "I am a conservative Republican, but I believe in democracy and the separation of church and state. The conservative movement is founded on the simple tenet that people have the right to live life as they please as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process."
(in a 1994 Washington Post essay)
[*]"The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others,"
[*]"I don't have any respect for the Religious Right."
[*]"Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."
[*]"A woman has a right to an abortion."

The party needs to rid itself of the Religious Right. As long as they cater to the extreme religious elements, they will have no credibility with the rest of us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-05-2012, 02:48 PM
RE: What the Republican Party actually needs ...
(05-05-2012 08:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  What the Republican Party actually needs is another Goldwater.

[*] "I am a conservative Republican, but I believe in democracy and the separation of church and state. The conservative movement is founded on the simple tenet that people have the right to live life as they please as long as they don't hurt anyone else in the process."

The party needs to rid itself of the Religious Right. As long as they cater to the extreme religious elements, they will have no credibility with the rest of us.
I have been called a RINO because I do not want to be involved in others private lives. You see, the new conservatives are only getting involved where it is really important. The reason I gravitated towards the GOP when I was younger was because the didn't want to tell you how to live and had the same tax and business outlook I do. Then the lovely religious right came along and now I'm a man without a party. They don't even see the hypocrisy. I think Bachmann summed them up nicely when she stated that 10th Amendment kept power with the states and in the next breath said we need a federal law defending marriage. None of the mouth breathing bobble heads caught the dissonance of her little attempt at thought and it is what I fully expect from them now.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
05-05-2012, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 08:04 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
Anyone else notice this thread actually says "PERTY"

(05-05-2012 08:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  What the Republican Party actually needs is another Goldwater.

I would vote for that guy, as long as his policy on bi-partisanship wasn't the current status quo, aka, "Let the country burn in hell before you ever agree to work with the democrats".