The Resurrection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: The Resurrection
(12-01-2012 01:33 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Ok, one thing that I've been wondering about that somehow made sense to me as a Christian, but now... not so much. I guess this is really a question for KC or anyone else that cares to chime in.

Why did God need to sacrifice himself to himself in order to save humanity from himself?

I always just thought it was a metaphor for surrendering the ego to the id.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2012 05:05 PM by Rahn127.)
(12-01-2012 04:40 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  I have a question, if tomorrow somehow the god of the bible is proven 100% beyond doubt
Would you believe? <stupid question ofcourse if theres proof
But would you worship/follow that immoral god?

If god is proven 100% to be true and nothing in the world changes, then what ?
What exactly would I be worshiping ?

"Dear god, thank you for doing nothing again today. It's almost as if you really don't exist. Having a really hard time distinguishing the two"

PS. I know i've asked this before, but why do you need 10% of my gross income ?
Just curious
God needed to sacrifice himself because he had one of those Star Trek transporter problems that divided him into two beings.
And just like in Mad Max - Beyond Thunderdome - "Two men enter, one man leaves"
I could reference a lot of other movies, but I do need to get outta the house.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
13-01-2012, 12:48 PM

(12-01-2012 09:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 01:33 AM)Azaraith Wrote:  Ok, one thing that I've been wondering about that somehow made sense to me as a Christian, but now... not so much. I guess this is really a question for KC or anyone else that cares to chime in.

Why did God need to sacrifice himself to himself in order to save humanity from himself?

1) We have to try and understand the concept of infinite and eternity. Never ending. Like, at all. So, before God set the events in motion that started humanity, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were in existence. God is also infinite, and functions as 3 separate beings but act as one.

And if you dont believe him...here's the video to prove it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII6-IyaT3o

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
13-01-2012, 12:52 PM
[/quote]

D
[/quote]

Mr Deity is HEEElarious! Big Grin
Check out his other videos as well.
Highly recommended.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2012, 12:55 PM

D
[/quote]

Mr Deity is HEEElarious! Big Grin
Check out his other videos as well.
Highly recommended.
[/quote]

My personal favorite is Mr Diety and the Woman (eve). The gal that plays Eve is simply is stunningly beautiful.

D
In math class 1+1+1 = 3.

Only in christian theology is 1+1+1=1

In math class the equation is simple to understand to everyone.

In theology class you have to have 'inspiried texts' and a 'revelation' to partially understand this net result of 1, even then most struggle to explain it.

To me it shows how dishonest the christian is to himself and to others.

KC states (loosely quoted) that they were hanging out all along (common trinity concept). It seems really short sighted for the collective god to premeditate murder/suicide in his infinite wisdom. And the whole "Purpose" line of KC's debate is quite original and exceptionally odd. Couldnt his purpose have been to just keep himself company (like that Michael Keaton movie Multiplicity)?
To me it demonstrates the whole insanity of the christian dogma. Even a medocre designer could have done a better job at this entire design. Then again, the more inept KC makes god seem...the more likely it is that we are creations of a sloppy god. The more flawed he describes this god..it seems somewhat likely that its for real. THAT somehow make the 'god did it thru evolution' make sense.
A perfect being (which would make him a perfect designer) would not have created such an inperfect cosmic game of cat and mouse.
He started out KNOWING the end result and proceded anyway. You'd think with 20/20 prior knowledge that he would have tweaked a few things before hitting the start button.

D
Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2012, 01:52 PM
[/quote]

My personal favorite is Mr Diety and the Woman (eve). The gal that plays Eve is simply is stunningly beautiful.

D
In math class 1+1+1 = 3.

Only in christian theology is 1+1+1=1

In math class the equation is simple to understand to everyone.

In theology class you have to have 'inspiried texts' and a 'revelation' to partially understand this net result of 1, even then most struggle to explain it.

To me it shows how dishonest the christian is to himself and to others.

KC states (loosely quoted) that they were hanging out all along (common trinity concept). It seems really short sighted for the collective god to premeditate murder/suicide in his infinite wisdom. And the whole "Purpose" line of KC's debate is quite original and exceptionally odd. Couldnt his purpose have been to just keep himself company (like that Michael Keaton movie Multiplicity)?
To me it demonstrates the whole insanity of the christian dogma. Even a medocre designer could have done a better job at this entire design. Then again, the more inept KC makes god seem...the more likely it is that we are creations of a sloppy god. The more flawed he describes this god..it seems somewhat likely that its for real. THAT somehow make the 'god did it thru evolution' make sense.
A perfect being (which would make him a perfect designer) would not have created such an inperfect cosmic game of cat and mouse.
He started out KNOWING the end result and proceded anyway. You'd think with 20/20 prior knowledge that he would have tweaked a few things before hitting the start button.

D

[/quote]

Yes. That is/was my point when trying to pry into his thought process earlier.
He, like every theist I have met (including myself when I was one) have to justify the wackiness in any manner that suits them or happens to fit the times.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2012, 08:24 PM
(12-01-2012 09:32 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  1) We have to try and understand the concept of infinite and eternity.

Agreed, but it involves some pretty hairy math. And there's a world of difference between being able to derive the math and being able to grok it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post