The Rev is pulling his kids out of private school

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: The Rev is pulling his kids out of private school
(17-10-2012 05:49 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do they have any schools there where they teach critical-thinking so a child can make up their own mind and are not force-fed the beliefs selected by the school body or (s)elected by the parents?

School of experience Drinking Beverage You never graduate though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
18-10-2012, 09:13 AM
There is no reason to teach evolution in a theistic sense. There is nothing about the processes which is better explained by "god did it". The kid can just as easily learn it from someone not interjecting god and come home to ask his dad what god has to do with it. He should not be raised with everything so heavily connected. The world is not so stagnant and black and white that this would be a good idea. This child is being raised to be a bigot. Let him hear that there are different ideas, the only way that a diverse society can equally coexist is if there is a good understanding. Tying god to every subject is just leading him to be overly judgemental and more likely to eventually reject god by association with one of the subjects.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
19-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Why do you always call him "The Rev"?
19-10-2012, 09:05 PM
(19-10-2012 04:45 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Why do you always call him "The Rev"?

He's a minister.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
20-10-2012, 03:32 PM
(19-10-2012 09:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 04:45 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Why do you always call him "The Rev"?

He's a minister.

I mean instead of "my brother"?
20-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Re: RE: The Rev is pulling his kids out of private school
(20-10-2012 03:32 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 09:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's a minister.

That's like asking why does he call himself KC or his wife QC... I've never noticed if ths kids are called PC or what...

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-10-2012, 04:49 PM
(20-10-2012 03:32 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(19-10-2012 09:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's a minister.

Would you admit that a Christian minister was your brother?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-10-2012, 04:50 PM
(20-10-2012 04:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 03:32 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I mean instead of "my brother"?

That's like asking why does he call himself KC or his wife QC... I've never noticed if ths kids are called PC or what...

No it's not. They are Internet names. He says "The Rev" like he isn't related to him at all, and like he would anything else. Pretend your brother was, say a doctor, and he did some weird. Would you say "The doctor did this", or "My brother did this"?
20-10-2012, 04:57 PM
(20-10-2012 04:50 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 04:26 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That's like asking why does he call himself KC or his wife QC... I've never noticed if ths kids are called PC or what...

No it's not. They are Internet names. He says "The Rev" like he isn't related to him at all, and like he would anything else. Pretend your brother was, say a doctor, and he did some weird. Would you say "The doctor did this", or "My brother did this"?

The Rev isn't an internet name? Has he said he calls him that in real life? Maybe he just likes the nicknames, obviously, and doesn't feel the need to use the personal relation or name in talking about his family.

I think you should of tried to chaperone that field trip and gave us a report on the museum... would be way better.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-10-2012, 05:07 PM
(20-10-2012 04:57 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(20-10-2012 04:50 PM)Magoo Wrote:  No it's not. They are Internet names. He says "The Rev" like he isn't related to him at all, and like he would anything else. Pretend your brother was, say a doctor, and he did some weird. Would you say "The doctor did this", or "My brother did this"?

The Rev isn't an internet name? Has he said he calls him that in real life? Maybe he just likes the nicknames, obviously, and doesn't feel the need to use the personal relation or name in talking about his family.

I think you should of tried to chaperone that field trip and gave us a report on the museum... would be way better.

*facepalm*

That is not an Internet name. "Rev", is short for 'reverend', which is basically a minister is the church.