The Rev is pulling his kids out of private school

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 10:40 AM
RE: The Rev is pulling his kids out of private school
(24-12-2012 10:34 AM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  
(23-12-2012 07:46 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm impressed.

And frightened at the same time.

Don't worry, there's always room on the thumb drive for one more.
This has to be the nicest offer anyone has ever made to me.

It's truly a Christmas Miracle!

[Image: orphan.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2012, 10:56 AM
(24-12-2012 10:40 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 10:34 AM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  Don't worry, there's always room on the thumb drive for one more.
This has to be the nicest offer anyone has ever made to me.

Don't be too touched, you realize that means an eternity of listening to geeks debate the relative merits of Firefly over the new BSG and nerds interjecting knit-picking comments about the accuracy of the astrophysics involved all while the Philes whine about not getting XF3 before 12/22/12 right?
24-12-2012, 11:15 AM
(24-12-2012 10:56 AM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 10:40 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  This has to be the nicest offer anyone has ever made to me.

Don't be too touched, you realize that means an eternity of listening to geeks debate the relative merits of Firefly over the new BSG and nerds interjecting knit-picking comments about the accuracy of the astrophysics involved all while the Philes whine about not getting XF3 before 12/22/12 right?
Sounds like heaven to me. Big Grin

Except maybe the astrophysics part. Dodgy

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
24-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I wonder... What percentage of (active) threads manage to go without derailment...?

(17-10-2012 11:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-10-2012 11:02 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Ah, ok, thanks.

Why doesn't he want his kids to learn science from an evolutionary evolutionist's point of view?

He would rather that than YEC - so, it's just a matter of incorporating theological reconciliation with it - something they won't get in public schools.

There is also the stupid stigma that evolution is evil and against God.
That raises the question: Why?

Would it not be simpler to, instead of cherry picking god playing with his Insta-Animals brand Build Your Own Species Kit (for ages 5-) out, you know? Cut out all that other garbage too? Just teach the raw facts and not bothering with this "theological reconciliation"?

Seems like an inefficient waste of time to me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
24-12-2012, 11:49 AM
(24-12-2012 11:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 10:56 AM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  Don't be too touched, you realize that means an eternity of listening to geeks debate the relative merits of Firefly over the new BSG and nerds interjecting knit-picking comments about the accuracy of the astrophysics involved all while the Philes whine about not getting XF3 before 12/22/12 right?
Sounds like heaven to me. Big Grin

I call shenanigans, you've totally pulled out a "At least on Firefly, unlike Star Wars and sometimes on BSG, they had the good sense to realize that there would be no sound waves outside an atmosphere."
24-12-2012, 12:31 PM
(24-12-2012 11:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I wonder... What percentage of (active) threads manage to go without derailment...?
None of mine do. Drinking Beverage
(24-12-2012 11:49 AM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  
(24-12-2012 11:15 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sounds like heaven to me. Big Grin

I call shenanigans, you've totally pulled out a "At least on Firefly, unlike Star Wars and sometimes on BSG, they had the good sense to realize that there would be no sound waves outside an atmosphere."
Well you see, my dear Geek, Star Wars was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I'm disappointed that you are not aware that the closer you get to the Big Bang, physics are a bit loopy and you do have sound in space. Same thing for BSG, since it all took place about a million years in the past.

As Firefly is in our future, there is no longer sound in the further reaches of the universe. Drinking Beverage