The Riddle Thread (read rules in first post!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2014, 05:04 AM
Question The Riddle Thread (read rules in first post!)
I was thinking, why not have a little thread with riddles to exercise our mind? Big Grin

I'd like to lay some rules to avoid chaos. Tongue

1. Don't post more than one riddle.
  2. Don't post new riddles until the last one has been answered.
  3. The one who answers the riddle will post the new one. So, you guess it, you propose the next one.
  4. Obviously, you cannot answer your own riddle.
  5. Let's avoid suggestions and hints (also, no-one will check you, but let's avoid Google aye? Otherwise where is the fun?) Big Grin

---

This is my first riddle:

A group of tourists visiting a city enters a square. In the middle of the square there is a statue, and they instantly understand that it represents Adam. However there is no sign with a name below it and there is not fig leaf on his male parts. How did they understand it then?

Let the dance begin! Smartass Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2014, 05:43 AM
RE: The Riddle Thread (read rules in first post!)
Is he naked and holding an apple and the tourists are visiting a Cathedral of some sorts?
09-11-2014, 05:48 AM
(09-11-2014 05:43 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Is he naked and holding an apple and the tourists are visiting a Cathedral of some sorts?

Nope, the statue is in the middle of a square, so it's outside. No, it's not the apple.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
09-11-2014, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 06:16 AM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
Got it. No belly button.

Need to think of a riddle. Give me a bit.

Riddle me this:
A gangster was killed by her pimp friend when he found her with five of his best girls. Why?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
09-11-2014, 06:08 PM
I have no idea about that one. lol

孤独 - The Out Crowd
09-11-2014, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 06:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-11-2014 05:04 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I was thinking, why not have a little thread with riddles to exercise our mind? Big Grin

I'd like to lay some rules to avoid chaos. Tongue

1. Don't post more than one riddle.
  2. Don't post new riddles until the last one has been answered.
  3. The one who answers the riddle will post the new one. So, you guess it, you propose the next one.
  4. Obviously, you cannot answer your own riddle.
  5. Let's avoid suggestions and hints (also, no-one will check you, but let's avoid Google aye? Otherwise where is the fun?) Big Grin

---

This is my first riddle:

A group of tourists visiting a city enters a square. In the middle of the square there is a statue, and they instantly understand that it represents Adam. However there is no sign with a name below it and there is not fig leaf on his male parts. How did they understand it then?

Let the dance begin! Smartass Big Grin

He's missing a rib ? No belly button ? Talking to a snake ? (Oops I see someone beat me to the belly button).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-11-2014, 06:04 AM
(09-11-2014 06:17 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  He's missing a rib ? No belly button ? Talking to a snake ? (Oops I see someone beat me to the belly button).

Ahah yeah, try to solve his! I have no idea to be honest xD

孤独 - The Out Crowd
10-11-2014, 06:32 AM
I know you said no hints but... Should I?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

10-11-2014, 06:34 AM
(10-11-2014 06:32 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I know you said no hints but... Should I?

Uhm let's modify that rule. No hints, unless someone doesn't solve it in the next day? Big Grin That way we don't get stuck. Ok, give us a hint. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
10-11-2014, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 03:31 PM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
The Gangster was killed in the same room as the girls but there were only three witnesses to the act.

Edit: Typo