The Rise of Islam- Why Islam is a Revolting Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-10-2015, 10:03 AM
The Rise of Islam- Why Islam is a Revolting Religion
There is a view that Islam is a religion of revolution against western values. For instance:
To understand Islam, you have to accept certain facts about this religion. The impact of Islam on the daily life of Muslims is far greater than that found in the Western Culture since the Middle Ages. Muslims advance a definition that Islam is a shinning beacon against the darkness of repression, segregation, intolerance, and racism.

Nothing could be further from the truth!

Islam has no fundamental concept of Inalienable Rights as mentioned in the Declaration of Independence. Islam does not permit the individual to enjoy the freedoms of action and association characteristic of the Democracy that so many Western cultures currently enjoy today. Islam is a religion in name only because of a reference to "Allah" as their Deity. A well known fact is that Islam is a totalitarian ideology that rejects Democracy, personal freedom, and every other religion. The ideals of anti-Semitism and anti-Western Culture run rampant throughout Islam. The Laws of Man are meaningless and have absolutely no relevance in Muslim culture because they are without any direct reference to the Koran or Shariah Law and therefore they have no place in Muslim life. Islamic law/Shariah Law is completely incompatible with Freedom, Democracy, and Liberty, or any other government where the people have an actual voice in government or the will of the people matters.

For example, in Saudi Arabia, a country ruled by Islamic law, sorcery, witchcraft, and blasphemy are all crimes punishable by death... they behead people convicted of these "crimes" in the public square. This is what Islamic law advocates. Saudi Arabia holds to Shariah Law and has a Religious Police to enforce all the aspects of Shariah Law. Christian Bibles are destroyed by the thousands like book burnings in Nazi Germany. This is not a religion of tolerance as so many Muslims claim.

"True Islam permits neither elections nor democracy."
-- Sufi Mohammed, Muslim Cleric

I have been reading works of Andrey Kortayev who explains how Islam arose and why it spread in the way it did. Here is what he says:

"Korotayev and his colleagues view the origins of Islam against the background of the 6th century Arabian socioecological crisis whose model is specified by Korotayev and his colleagues through the study of climatological, seismological, volcanological and epidemiological history of the period. They find that most sociopolitical systems of the Arabs reacted to the socioecological crisis by getting rid of the rigid supratribal political structures (kingdoms and chiefdoms) which started posing a real threat to their very survival."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrey_Kor...s_of_Islam

He makes a good case in this article, http://cliodynamics.ru/index.php?option=...&Itemid=1, that there were severe climate change which undermined the existing world order and gave rise to a movement, which needed a "book" and a figurehead, hence Mohammed.

What is scary about this is that this isn't a religion. It has a "god" but the book is meaningless mumbo jumbo. What it has is a hold on people because it uses the threat of death against unbelievers.

Christianity faced intellectual challenges in the form of the Reformation and is thoroughly scrutinized. What the world needs is a movement against this religion, one that sees it for what it is and doesn't get side-tracked by charters of human rights which guarantee religious freedoms. There should be no freedom for religions which exert power over people's minds through threats of death and dismemberment and which encourage practices which are in opposition to modern concepts of human rights which people in the west have fought and died for over hundreds of years.

I'm really tired of hearing about Islam being a fast growing religion. I can't see how that can be possible other than because Muslims have more children. I can't see how anyone with any sense of human decency can see this religion other than as a cult of death.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
22-10-2015, 10:29 AM
RE: The Rise of Islam- Why Islam is a Revolting Religion
(22-10-2015 10:03 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  ... I can't see how anyone with any sense of human decency can see this religion other than as a cult of death ...

The same applies to ALL religion. They're ALL cults of death, preoccupied as they are with what they suppose follows death, and looking FORWARD to it, welcoming their various apocalypses. Religion is our most perverse delusion, a celebration and anticipation of demise rather than prosperity. It cannot be too soon erased from the human psyche. ALL of it, not just one of its myriad flavors.
[+] 8 users Like Airportkid's post
22-10-2015, 01:27 PM
(22-10-2015 10:03 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I'm really tired of hearing about Islam being a fast growing religion. I can't see how that can be possible other than because Muslims have more children. I can't see how anyone with any sense of human decency can see this religion other than as a cult of death.

"Convert or we'll kill you!" --> fast growing religion. Drinking Beverage

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
22-10-2015, 01:36 PM
I know, right? Damn straight those people are a problem. I mean, everyone knows those people are all the same. Those people want to corrupt us to be just as bad as them!

Wait - sorry. I forget. Which those people are we demonising this time around? I want to know if I need to repaint my signs.

... this is my signature!
[+] 7 users Like cjlr's post
22-10-2015, 05:04 PM
It isn't any more revolting than other Abrahamaic religions. They all have some bad baggage in the OT.
I can't speak to Eastern religions.
[+] 3 users Like RogueWarrior's post
22-10-2015, 10:48 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2015 12:13 AM by DLJ.)
DB, I gave your post a 'like' because I enjoy seeing someone have a good rant. TTA is a great enabler for that.

Do you feel better for it? I hope so.

The problem you are identifying is one, as ever, of when an ideology becomes politicised.

There are many officially Islamic countries, of course, where this ideology is held at bay by necessities such as trade ... from whence comes generally good stuff like cultural diversity, awareness and knowledge.

It's these things that lead to good governance. Good governance is secular ... by definition.

All is not lost.

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
23-10-2015, 12:17 AM
(22-10-2015 10:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... Good governance is secular ... by definition ...

ALL government is secular, even bad government, albeit the bad governments are a fast shrinking presence.

Iran and the Vatican are the sole theocracies left on this planet. Neither are beacons of enlightenment any of the rest of world aspires to.
23-10-2015, 12:22 AM
(23-10-2015 12:17 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  albeit the bad governments are a fast shrinking presence.

Really? Seems like there's plenty of bad government to me Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-10-2015, 01:44 AM
(23-10-2015 12:17 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  ALL government is secular, even bad government, albeit the bad governments are a fast shrinking presence.

Gov may claims it is secular but claiming without something to back it up means nothing. Poland for example is far from secular, vide blasphemy law deemed to be nothing wrong by Constitutional Tribunal. There is also religion based oposition to abortion, in vitro and same sex marriage; our - former - minister of justice claimed that he can fear cries of frozen embryos. There is nothing secular about current gov.

Sucking up to clergy is traditional way to gain votes of deluded "true patriots" and other idiots, so clergy naturally expects something in return. And whoever win provide that something.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-10-2015, 07:09 AM
(23-10-2015 12:17 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(22-10-2015 10:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... Good governance is secular ... by definition ...

ALL government is secular, even bad government, albeit the bad governments are a fast shrinking presence.

Iran and the Vatican are the sole theocracies left on this planet. Neither are beacons of enlightenment any of the rest of world aspires to.

Yabut. I wrote "governance" not "government".

Because theocracies ... as you pointed out.

Governance balances and negotiates between various stakeholders' value objectives evaluating risks, benefits and available resources.

Theocracies say "god said so, now, STFU"

I'm paraphrasing a little.

Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post