The Rise of the Apathetic Areligious Apatheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2013, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2013 05:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
The Rise of the Apathetic Areligious Apatheists
Interesting article in WaPo yesterday by Michael Gerson - An America that is losing faith with religion. Based on a comprehensive presentation and study from the Pew Research Center, The Decline of Institutional Religion, it confirms what I locally observe in my childrens' generation (18-29 yo demographic) that more and more they just don't give a shit about religion (slide 20). ... I'm proud of them. Religion is going extinct and what we are witnessing today are just the violent spasms commonly associated with death throes. It is collapsing under the weight of its own irrelevance. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-03-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: The Rise of the Apathetic Areligious Apatheists
Well said. Yes

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-03-2013, 06:39 PM
You can die from a "Triple A". Oh wait. Not this one.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdominal_aortic_aneurysm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
26-03-2013, 11:23 PM
I wish this becomes true:

Quote:Year 2090

Religion is fading from European culture

In some European nations, the number of people considering themselves to be non-religious has increased from around 30% in 1980, to over 90% now.*

Although large numbers of Muslims populate the continent, a substantial portion are now only "culturally" Muslim, rather than having a literal interpretation of the Koran. Mainstream Islam has begun a reformation and modernisation in recent years – aided by vast improvements in education, combined with the broad homogenisation of culture resulting from globalisation, the Internet, various international agreements and other factors.

Medical advances are undermining religion as a whole, by greatly diminishing the fear of death, while developments in AI, robotics and biotechnology are beginning to trivialise the miracles on which many ancient religions are based. The increasing presence of androids in society – along with other forms of sentience – is adding a whole new dimension to the way humans view themselves and their place in the Universe. The ability to communicate with certain artifically enhanced animals (such as dolphins, monkeys and domestic pets) is also contributing to this trend.

Spirituality continues to play a role in European cultures – but is now based more on nature and physical reality, rather than myths, dogma or supernatural forces.

The USA still lags far behind Europe in terms of atheistic belief, however. It will be another century before America reaches the same level; even longer for certain parts of Asia. Even then, a small percentage of citizens will continue to worship a God (or Gods), well into the next millenium. These people will tend to be those who reject science and technology, or have purposefully chosen to isolate themselves from the rest of the world.

Taken from
http://www.futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2090-2099.htm

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes KVron's post
27-03-2013, 06:57 AM
(26-03-2013 04:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Interesting article in WaPo yesterday by Michael Gerson - An America that is losing faith with religion. Based on a comprehensive presentation and study from the Pew Research Center, The Decline of Institutional Religion, it confirms what I locally observe in my childrens' generation (18-29 yo demographic) that more and more they just don't give a shit about religion (slide 20). ... I'm proud of them. Religion is going extinct and what we are witnessing today are just the violent spasms commonly associated with death throes. It is collapsing under the weight of its own irrelevance. Thumbsup

No true apatheist would give a shit.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post