The Rob Rennie Dude Seth Talked to Is Schizophrenic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 12:24 PM
The Rob Rennie Dude Seth Talked to Is Schizophrenic
For real. This is so sad and a little scary, although I'm somewhat fascinated by this dude and his train-wreck of a website.

http://www.eternalplanner.com/its-time-t...-lost-ark/

(That's my comment at the bottom.)

"To hate man and worship God seems to be the sum of all creeds." — Robert Ingersoll
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Human Being's post
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
RE: The Rob Rennie Dude Seth Talked to Is Schizophrenic
I was barely hanging on till the end of that interview. I could tell Seth wanted to just blurt out, "do you even know how you sound right now?" But Seth was very respectful all through that interview, and Rob just wasn't getting it.

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
[+] 1 user Likes thewellkeptwoman's post
07-01-2013, 08:33 PM
(07-01-2013 12:24 PM)Human Being Wrote:  For real. This is so sad and a little scary, although I'm somewhat fascinated by this dude and his train-wreck of a website.

http://www.eternalplanner.com/its-time-t...-lost-ark/

(That's my comment at the bottom.)
I missed this podcast, so I don't have a basis for my own evaluation, but I'm wondering what specifically makes you think he's "schizophrenic".

By the way, I like your comment on his blog. It's insightful.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
07-01-2013, 08:54 PM
He is interesting. Looks delusional. But I don't see anything suggesting schizophrenia? What would that matter, anyway?

I listened to the podcast. The videos about possession on his site are funny and so typical, ha ha.
08-01-2013, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 01:54 PM by Human Being.)
(07-01-2013 08:33 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  ...but I'm wondering what specifically makes you think he's "schizophrenic".

The fact that he literally hears voices in his head that he cannot recognize his own, and he firmly believes that these voices are telling him to do things like turn on the TV. It's possible that I'm misusing the "diagnosis," but Charles Manson thought that he was getting divine messages via The Beatles' White Album, Rennie is getting divine messages from Raiders of the Lost Ark—not really seeing the difference.

And thanks!

"To hate man and worship God seems to be the sum of all creeds." — Robert Ingersoll
[+] 1 user Likes Human Being's post
08-01-2013, 03:11 PM
(08-01-2013 01:47 PM)Human Being Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 08:33 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  ...but I'm wondering what specifically makes you think he's "schizophrenic".

The fact that he literally hears voices in his head that he cannot recognize his own, and he firmly believes that these voices are telling him to do things like turn on the TV. It's possible that I'm misusing the "diagnosis," but Charles Manson thought that he was getting divine messages via The Beatles' White Album, Rennie is getting divine messages from Raiders of the Lost Ark—not really seeing the difference.

And thanks!
I think he is interpreting thoughts that cross his mind as God, that's delusional. I used to do the same thing as a believer. I didn't 'own' my thoughts, I interpreted them as God's. I don't have a mental illness.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
08-01-2013, 03:49 PM
(08-01-2013 03:11 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 01:47 PM)Human Being Wrote:  The fact that he literally hears voices in his head that he cannot recognize his own, and he firmly believes that these voices are telling him to do things like turn on the TV. It's possible that I'm misusing the "diagnosis," but Charles Manson thought that he was getting divine messages via The Beatles' White Album, Rennie is getting divine messages from Raiders of the Lost Ark—not really seeing the difference.

And thanks!
I think he is interpreting thoughts that cross his mind as God, that's delusional. I used to do the same thing as a believer. I didn't 'own' my thoughts, I interpreted them as God's. I don't have a mental illness.

Firstly, that is not what Mr. Rennie is saying; he said that there was a voice in his head—not his own—that told him to turn on the TV, so that the owner of this voice could deliver a secret and personal message meant only for Mr. Rennie.

Secondly, delusions are a symptom of mental illness, although not one specific illness in particular. In order to make an accurate diagnosis, one would need to see what other symptoms are present. I would argue that you did have a mental illness, and that you treated it though a form of self-therapy, and no longer are ill.

Glad you're feeling better!

08-01-2013, 04:06 PM
(08-01-2013 03:49 PM)Human Being Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 03:11 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I think he is interpreting thoughts that cross his mind as God, that's delusional. I used to do the same thing as a believer. I didn't 'own' my thoughts, I interpreted them as God's. I don't have a mental illness.

Firstly, that is not what Mr. Rennie is saying; he said that there was a voice in his head—not his own—that told him to turn on the TV, so that the owner of this voice could deliver a secret and personal message meant only for Mr. Rennie.

Secondly, delusions are a symptom of mental illness, although not one specific illness in particular. In order to make an accurate diagnosis, one would need to see what other symptoms are present. I would argue that you did have a mental illness, and that you treated it though a form of self-therapy, and no longer are ill.

HB, my opinion of you is that you're being dick-like, pure and simple. And that's purely from reading you posts.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
08-01-2013, 04:22 PM
(08-01-2013 04:06 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 03:49 PM)Human Being Wrote:  Firstly, that is not what Mr. Rennie is saying; he said that there was a voice in his head—not his own—that told him to turn on the TV, so that the owner of this voice could deliver a secret and personal message meant only for Mr. Rennie.

HB, my opinion of you is that you're being dick-like, pure and simple. And that's purely from reading you posts.

Well, glad I'm only "dick-like" and that you don't think I'm an actual dick.

"And that's purely from reading you posts."

How long did it take you to type that last sentence, Capt. Obvious? What other possible method could you have for determining that I am "dick-like;" the fact that your mouth waters at the sight of me?

08-01-2013, 04:36 PM
(08-01-2013 04:22 PM)Human Being Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 04:06 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  HB, my opinion of you is that you're being dick-like, pure and simple. And that's purely from reading you posts.

Well, glad I'm only "dick-like" and that you don't think I'm an actual dick.

"And that's purely from reading you posts."

How long did it take you to type that last sentence, Capt. Obvious? What other possible method could you have for determining that I am "dick-like;" the fact that your mouth waters at the sight of me?
No you fucking cunt, that was just a preliminary post for you to show your true colors. Thanks for sharing that with the site.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post