The Roma - Europes unwanted.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 06:12 PM
The Roma - Europes unwanted.
I believe you all remember the newsstory this year when greek authorities found a blond girl living amongst Roma people and took her from her parents assuming she wasnt Roma. This caused a racist slur all accross Europes media that savagely railed against the Roma people.

When it turned out that the Roma girl was blond, nobody in the European media reported on the racism that caused this issue and inflamed the media.

I`m posting this article here which sumerises the Romas situation in Europe:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/euro...42057.html

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
13-01-2014, 04:06 PM
RE: The Roma - Europes unwanted.
The Roma people really are different in their mentality. Theirs is tribal, herd mindset. In my country we have twice as many Ukrainians AND Vietnamese people and together they don't cause even a fraction of problems that Roma people cause. It's not in skin color or language, it's in how they behave.

There are a plenty of decent Roma people, but invariably their decency means that they must separate from their extended family, because the cultural difference is just too great.

Of course the story with the girl is a bad overreaction. The girl was probably an albino or something similar. It makes no sense for Gypsies to steal children, they're so good at making their own and they're not particularly concerned about giving them up into orphanages - or robbing them during visits, if the orphanage supplies them better clothes than they have.

Roma people say they love their children, but I don't think they know what love means. Most people don't know that. They mess them up, even more than white people and white people mess children up very much. I'd come to believe that most Roma children are developmentally brain-damaged, among many other factors, by lack of intellectual stimulation from the family. Messed-up communities reproduce in a messed-up way. It is very easy to mess children up, usually by treating them like children. That is, treating them as a cheap workforce, pets, things, little oddities, thieves, beggars, rascals, punch bags, personal psychoanalysts, toys, emotional comforters, educational or sport Pokémons and so on, all but treating them as people.

But frankly, I don't hate or resent Roma people like racists do. They don't steal nearly as much money as my government, not anywhere close. And they are messed up by my government, it needs to steal hundreds of billion a year and it pays the minorities whatever they ask for to keep silent, and it neglects similarly all the other social and legal issues to keep stealing. There is just no political will to make any order, order is too transparent for extreme stealing of people's ransomed taxes that goes on in the developed Western white world. There is no place for Gypsies, everyone is busy earning money for taxes or stealing taxes.

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
13-01-2014, 04:43 PM
I think I must say that we have at least two big Roma communities in my town (a town of 50.000) and they are everywhere here.

As far as the blonde girl is concerned, it was later found that she was Bulgarian and the couple had illegally "adopted" her when her mother gave her up.

Now, no one was surprised by the fact that Roma people had "abducted" a little blonde girl, considering these facts:

-They dye their kids' hair blonde before they can even walk.
-They are often seen with kids of light colored skin and hair, in inexplicable parent and child combinations.
-When we were little, we were always threatened by our grandmas that "the gypsies will steal us" or we were teased with things like "you are not our child, we got you from the gypsies".

If it's culturally entrenched so deep that every single person here has heard this from their grandmas, I think it means something.
Well, plus the fact that white kids come up to me to beg and I'm confused until I see them walking with their Roma "parents".

Many verses are like silver threads
tied on the chimes of the stars-
if you pull them,
a silver peal makes the horizon vibrate.
13-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Roma people... Yeah, they have fallen on some hard times since their Roman Empire collapsed. Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
14-01-2014, 03:03 AM
I don't think I've encountered them here in the US.
14-01-2014, 04:55 AM
I live in Turkey and we have one of the most crowded Roma population in here I think. It is estimated around 500.000 - 750.000.

I can say they are not "hated" however they are clearly not loved. Thievery, begging for money etc. actions are highly common in Turkish Roma communities. Their childs are mostly messed, frequently used for begging, also they seem not to be tempted by education .Teenagers are aggressive, uneducated and are mostly in "crew" behaviour. And so on, their adults become a burden amongst the community, how surprising.

Now there are some populations of Roma people that are not actually such burden tho. Some of them excel at dancing, instruments, handcrafting etc.

I'll be honest, I'm not a racist but I can clearly say I don't like their way of living. They are not getting mistreated or something by the government or rest of the country. They just live that way.
14-01-2014, 06:06 AM
@Luminion

The Roma of Germany and Austria have perfectly integrated into German and Austrian society. The current wave of Roma migrants throughout Europe comes mainly from eastern Europe.

@undergroundp

Agreed, some cultural perceptions and stereotyps that are passed on through generations make the situation worse.

@Juv

There are only a few living in the US

@Cheesus christ

I believe Germany and Austria are the only countries in which they have succesfully integrated and arrived in the middle class. But the reason for that is that we slaughtered them in their millions between 1933 and 1945. And the few that remained were given benefits from the government and their treatment was greatly influenced through our guilt.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
14-01-2014, 07:21 AM
I remember some of that German integration in the 60s. I was too young to follow this except on an anecdotal, personal experience level, I wasn't reading papers or watching news. So take this for what it's worth.

They were given brand new, small one family houses not too far from where we lived, in a very respectable, quiet neighborhood. Two kids were in my grade school class. They weren't called Romas or any tribal name, they were called gypsies.

The two kids in my class did fine, average. They showed up for class daily and did their homework and got medium grades. I imagine they grew up to be normal citizens. They got along with the other kids.

Meanwhile, their parents let the houses rot, nothing was repaired and little was cleaned and trash accumulated because it was just left to lie around, even though containers were there and pickup was free. What was a perfectly nice little neighborhood soon turned into a camp of sorts. It seemed that just nobody cared.

Meanwhile, the kids in my class were clean. I think it is the kids who are the key. If the kids get educated, even just basic education, and learn to have a clean appearance, they will integrate later - it's just an easier life if you got a job. And there was a sense of achievement and self worth.

I think the parents were just beyond repair, and pretty much they were just tolerated and carried along. I went back there some time in the 80s, and the little houses were clean and in good repair. The next generation had taken over.

The point of stabilizing the grown generations is to allow the kids to evolve into society. You are not going to change the adults. But within just one generation, if you give the kids every normal opportunity, you will change a population.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-01-2014, 08:00 AM
I think there are some Roma groups living in the US. Descendants or something. I saw a thing about them on TV once. I want to say they lived in like West Virginia, but I might be wrong.
14-01-2014, 08:22 AM
(14-01-2014 08:00 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I think there are some Roma groups living in the US. Descendants or something. I saw a thing about them on TV once. I want to say they lived in like West Virginia, but I might be wrong.

Oregon.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user