The Rosetta Mission

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 11:47 PM
The Rosetta Mission
Congrats to ESA for landing a probe on a comet 300 million miles away, and traveling at 85,000 mph.

http://sci.esa.int/rosetta/

Amazing!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheBear's post
16-11-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: The Rosetta Mission
Too bad they couldn't have got it the right way up and in a good location. Drinking Beverage

They are european, so I guess I can't judge them too harshly.

No seriously, it's pretty fuckin' awesome.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
16-11-2014, 05:05 AM
And this is what distinguishes us from the other species...

Our ability to accurately throw things at other things.

Big Grin

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
16-11-2014, 07:08 AM
The prophets of the old testament cannot hold a candle to us.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
16-11-2014, 07:29 AM
(16-11-2014 07:08 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  The prophets of the old testament cannot hold a candle to us.

Oh I'm sure some dingbat out there has already found the most obscure verse in the most obscure translation which, if interpreted liberally enough may roughly and vaguely resemble something which in the eyes of those with preconceived notions perhaps just maybe would read something like 'rocks from the heavens' and what not.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
16-11-2014, 09:22 AM
(16-11-2014 07:29 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh I'm sure some dingbat out there has already found the most obscure verse in the most obscure translation which, if interpreted liberally enough may roughly and vaguely resemble something which in the eyes of those with preconceived notions perhaps just maybe would read something like 'rocks from the heavens' and what not.

Or, they are in complete denial that it ever happened. Here's one such example from another forum ....

Quote:You fools! The whole thing is fake. All you have is a stupid media report.

The comet travels more than 84,000mph. The fastest rocket reaches speeds way less than that.

For it to hit a moving target, I guess you believe Santa claus is real too.

What a bunch of gullible TV watching deceived evolution believing monkeys we have.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
17-11-2014, 02:19 AM
Yup! Prob. I saw Interstellar this weekend- Rosetta is simply propaganda. F-ing NASA, damn jerks. Also, did you see that scientist's unholy shirt??? SATAN!

No, but really- amazing feat is an understatement.