The Sanctions of the NCAA are bullsh*t

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 11:23 PM
The Sanctions of the NCAA are bullsh*t
So I'm an Ohio State University alum (get all the strange hatred for OSU out of your system now... never understood why everyone hates us) and the "scandals" that led to the dismissal of Tressel, Pryor, and penalized the others are complete nonsensical BS. There were no performance enhancing drugs, there were no shady recruiting deals, there was nothing that gave OSU an advantage over the other teams, and yet we have been slapped around like the NCAA's bitch.

And for what? Pryor and others were given good deals (some of them free) on tattoos and also they sold some of their own stuff. Who. The hell. Cares. I've been getting special treatment since high school football (free stuff at the store I worked at and sometimes cops will let you off the hook). Why is it that when this same stuff happens at the collegiate level, it's a "super serious offence" that requires the beloved coach to be fired, the best players on the team suspended, the entire season and bowl victory forfeited, and still more penalties may be coming.

This along with the "violations" found at nearly every college every month or so leads me to believe that the NCAA is only interested in making money off their slave-athletes and going university to university, leeching the money from organizations like a giant parasite.

Go Bucks!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2011, 09:18 AM
RE: The Sanctions of the NCAA are bullsh*t
I agree. I never saw a problem with selling personal property. I can't even think of anythign else to say. Shit's stupid.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
06-12-2011, 09:59 AM
RE: The Sanctions of the NCAA are bullsh*t
Eventually they will ban them from selling their old laptops on ebay because it might be considered "sports paraphernalia."

The NCAA is a joke. It has rules, that no one seems to follow. It has useless rules that people do seem to follow. And, when serious concerns are brought up about amateur agents and prostitute-filled yacht orgies, they barely do anything, if they do anything at all!!!!

So. Fed. Up. With. College. Sports. I have not watched a college game in a few years and I think I will keep that streak going as a personal strike against the NCAA. Including the NCAA championship.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?