The Sappy (and slightly sexy) Valentine's Day Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2014, 08:25 AM
The Sappy (and slightly sexy) Valentine's Day Thread
Heart Happy Valentine's Day (or Singles Awareness Day) Heart

I love you guys. All of you. Except you. You know who you are.

Seriously, I don't know where I'd be today if it weren't for TTA.

I wrote you lovely bastards a song expressing my deep compassion.

https://soundcloud.com/jasozz/meant-to-b...tines-2014

Enjoy it and go buy someone chocolates or something.

Or stick around and express your stalker-esque love for your fellow forumians.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Jasozz's post
14-02-2014, 08:38 AM
RE: The Sappy (and slightly sexy) Valentine's Day Thread
Nice track Jasozz. You have some talent there.

With regards to valentines day I see it exactly the same as Christmas. Do we really need a day to remind us to show love for that special person. If your a secret admirer of somebody and you are sending them a card/gifts... there is 364 other days you can do this.

Its history/roots is wrapped up in religious bullshit as well Drinking Beverage

Ill pass on the sheep like mentality of consumerism and show my girlfriend everyday what she means to me.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
14-02-2014, 08:38 AM
(14-02-2014 08:25 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  Or stick around and express your stalker-esque love for your fellow forumians.

Will do. Big Grin Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
14-02-2014, 08:42 AM
I agree that alot of people abuse Valentine's Day to do what they should be doing year round, but personally I use it as an excuse to go above and beyond and do something profound for my love.

Oh yes, there will be cheese. And sap. And a large mural.
[+] 3 users Like Jasozz's post
14-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Who the hell came up with this stupid day , just 6 friggen weeks after xmas Huh

What? didnt I get ya enough useless shit just 6 weeks ago ? Angry

I'm with bemore, I show the love all year long by my actions. Thumbsup

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
14-02-2014, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2014 09:19 AM by Bucky Ball.)
duplicate : sorry

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
14-02-2014, 08:58 AM
Happy SAINT Valentine's day you heathen peeps. The thing I like the most about him, is (I was told) he is supposed to "bee" the patron saint of bee-keepers. We gots us some bees. So I pray to him. Weeping
Supposedly he was martyred on the Via Flaminia (in North Rome) which is a cool sounding street name, if ever I heard one, which has some amazing restaurants and other attributes which shall be nameless, (but relevant to the day Tongue ). Hope you get some chocolates. Harvard has proven people who eat chocolate live longer.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13...68652.html
And in other news : (hahaha)
http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive...af?cn=tbla

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
14-02-2014, 08:58 AM
(14-02-2014 08:54 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Who the hell came up with this stupid day , just 6 friggen weeks after xmas Huh

All the Valentine's Day hate!

Hey, I had Christmas, birthday, anniversary, and now Valentine's Day, all in that 1.5 month span. Yes
14-02-2014, 09:10 AM
(14-02-2014 08:54 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Who the hell came up with this stupid day , just 6 friggen weeks after xmas Huh

Yeah, plus the birthdays are a bit close. The wife's birthday is on the 8th, plus she controls the finances (I am not to be trusted with money, I can accept this), so it's not like I can really go out and splurge on her without her knowing.

Last night I stayed up drinking and watching origami youtube videos trying to utilize what means I had available for a cute valentine's day gift (colored construction paper and time). It was a hell of a lot harder than I thought, the only gift she got this morning was a mess of crumpled/folded red construction paper all over the living room and a really hungover me.

Luckily I married the coolest chick in the world. She totally knew exactly what I was doing, ridiculed of me for my inability to deliver, but let me know that the effort wasn't wasted.

I love my wife.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, even if it's no what it's supposed to be. Heart

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
14-02-2014, 09:14 AM
(14-02-2014 09:10 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  

Yeah, plus the birthdays are a bit close. The wife's birthday is on the 8th, plus she controls the finances (I am not to be trusted with money, I can accept this), so it's not like I can really go out and splurge on her without her knowing.

Last night I stayed up drinking and watching origami youtube videos trying to utilize what means I had available for a cute valentine's day gift (colored construction paper and time). It was a hell of a lot harder than I thought, the only gift she got this morning was a mess of crumpled/folded red construction paper all over the living room and a really hungover me.

Luckily I married the coolest chick in the world. She totally knew exactly what I was doing, ridiculed of me for my inability to deliver, but let me know that the effort wasn't wasted.

I love my wife.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, even if it's no what it's supposed to be. Heart

If I got a crumpled piece of construction paper as a Valentine's Day gift knowing you stayed up all night trying to do origami, no worries, I'd yank your trousers off where you stood. That's awesome Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post