The Satanic Bible Clarification

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2017, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2017 11:15 PM by Mista.Chang.)
The Satanic Bible Clarification
Hey guys, I'm new here. I guess this is my "introduction". Anyways I've studied multiple religions and there is usually an abundance of information about various religions on the internet, especially the one's I've studied. Anyways I've picked up a copy of The Satanic Bible Written by Anton Lavey. So far it has been a very interesting read; I'm intrigued as it is my first "atheistic religion" that I have began to study. However, some of the wording is extremely hard to follow and I've had some challenges reading it. I haven't delved more than 30 pages, and I have become stumped. So what brings me here is clarification on the prologue, as I don't understand it, and it is really troubling me. I've looked in around on the internet for answers but I haven't been able to find a thread or anything about the prologue or an annalists of the prologue of the book in question. If anyone could give me an in-depth analyze of the prologue, or send me in the right direction, or pass me a link, I would be very grateful. Thanks for taking the time in reading this.
-Chang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2017, 11:12 PM
RE: The Satanic Bible Clarification
(05-02-2017 10:31 PM)Mista.Chang Wrote:  Hey guys, I'm new here. I guess this is my "introduction". Anyways I've studied multiple religions and there is usually an abundance of information about various religions on the internet, especially the one's I've studied. Anyways I've picked up a copy of [/i]The Satanic Bible Written by Anton Lavey. So far it has been a very interesting read; I'm intrigued as it is my first "atheistic religion" that I have began to study. However, some of the wording is extremely hard to follow and I've had some challenges reading it. I haven't delved more than 30 pages, and I have become stumped. So what brings me here is clarification on the prologue, as I don't understand it, and it is really troubling me. I've looked in around on the internet for answers but I haven't been able to find a thread or anything about the prologue or an annalists of the prologue of the book in question. If anyone could give me an in-depth analyze of the prologue, or send me in the right direction, or pass me a link, I would be very grateful. Thanks for taking the time in reading this.
-Chang

I don't think anyone here is a proponent of that cult. Consider

I consider it a refuge for sociopaths.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-02-2017, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 08:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I would suggest asking Missy Meng.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-02-2017, 11:17 PM
(05-02-2017 11:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 10:31 PM)Mista.Chang Wrote:  Hey guys, I'm new here. I guess this is my "introduction". Anyways I've studied multiple religions and there is usually an abundance of information about various religions on the internet, especially the one's I've studied. Anyways I've picked up a copy of [/i]The Satanic Bible Written by Anton Lavey. So far it has been a very interesting read; I'm intrigued as it is my first "atheistic religion" that I have began to study. However, some of the wording is extremely hard to follow and I've had some challenges reading it. I haven't delved more than 30 pages, and I have become stumped. So what brings me here is clarification on the prologue, as I don't understand it, and it is really troubling me. I've looked in around on the internet for answers but I haven't been able to find a thread or anything about the prologue or an annalists of the prologue of the book in question. If anyone could give me an in-depth analyze of the prologue, or send me in the right direction, or pass me a link, I would be very grateful. Thanks for taking the time in reading this.
-Chang

I don't think anyone here is a proponent of that cult. Consider

I consider it a refuge for sociopaths.

Well, the same thing could be said for many religions. I am not religious myself, but I do enjoy reading different literature which people have strong beliefs in.
06-02-2017, 03:03 AM
It's a cheap rip-off of Nietzsche, written simply as a counterpoint to the moral lessons being promoted by Christians. You're better off going right to the source and reading Nietzsche. Then, for more sociopathic justifications for embracing the self and ignoring the weak, you can try Ayn Rand.

As Chas pointed out, it's just another cult. Some of those employ a deity, others use deities as mere symbols, or elevate other concepts (such as the self or the state) to deity-like status. But they're all just nutty cults, in the end.

If you'd like to discuss a single idea contained within TSB, that might be fair game... but if you want my overall take on trying to waste your time translating woo-woo mumbo jumbo into rational English, my take is that you're wasting your time.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-02-2017, 07:36 AM
You seem reasonably intelligent, based on what I see of your writing, here. When I read something, and have a tough time making sense out of it, it probably is nonsense. This is a trait of many religious writings, and an easy way to figure out, with relatively good accuracy, who is religious. With a few exceptions of the religious who post here, the grammar is bad and actual word usage is unusual. My take is that if big words get used, people will respect it. That doesn't work on me.

You will find few atheists who can't string words together into a logical sentence though, in my experience.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-02-2017, 07:52 AM
(06-02-2017 03:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It's a cheap rip-off of Nietzsche, written simply as a counterpoint to the moral lessons being promoted by Christians. You're better off going right to the source and reading Nietzsche. Then, for more sociopathic justifications for embracing the self and ignoring the weak, you can try Ayn Rand.

As Chas pointed out, it's just another cult. Some of those employ a deity, others use deities as mere symbols, or elevate other concepts (such as the self or the state) to deity-like status. But they're all just nutty cults, in the end.

If you'd like to discuss a single idea contained within TSB, that might be fair game... but if you want my overall take on trying to waste your time translating woo-woo mumbo jumbo into rational English, my take is that you're wasting your time.

If you think Nietzsche is about ignoring the weak in any way, you haven't properly understood his work.
06-02-2017, 08:40 AM
(06-02-2017 07:52 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  If you think Nietzsche is about ignoring the weak in any way, you haven't properly understood his work.

He kissed horses for God's sake.

#sigh
06-02-2017, 09:59 AM
(06-02-2017 07:52 AM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 03:03 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  It's a cheap rip-off of Nietzsche, written simply as a counterpoint to the moral lessons being promoted by Christians. You're better off going right to the source and reading Nietzsche. Then, for more sociopathic justifications for embracing the self and ignoring the weak, you can try Ayn Rand.

If you think Nietzsche is about ignoring the weak in any way, you haven't properly understood his work.

Perhaps you would understand my sentence better if I had said, "Then, for more sociopathic justifications [than offered by LaVey] for embracing the self and ignoring the weak..."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
06-02-2017, 10:42 AM
(05-02-2017 11:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I would suggest asking Missy Meng.

Dude needs to work on changing his writing style if he wants any chance of putting one over on Girly.

#sigh