The Satanic Bible Clarification

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: The Satanic Bible Clarification
Bumping.

So if anyone can explain in detail what the prologue means it would be greatly appreciated.

The gods of the right-hand path have bickered and quarreled for an entire age of earth. Each of these deities and their respective priests and ministers have attempted to find wisdom in their own lies. The ice age of religious thought can last but a limited time in this great scheme of human existence. The gods of wisdom-defiled have had their saga, and their millennium hath become as reality. Each, with his own "divine" path to paradise, hath accused the other of heresies and spiritual indiscretions. The Ring of the Nibelungen doth carry an everlasting curse, but only because those who seek it think in terms of "Good" and "Evil" - themselves being at all times "Good". The gods of the past have become as their own devils in order to live. Feebly, their ministers play the devil's game to fill their tabernacles and pay the mortgages on their temples. Alas, too long have they studied "righteousness", and poor and incompetent devils they make. So they all join hands in "brotherly" unity, and in their desperation go to Valhalla for their last great ecumenical council. "Draweth near in the gloom the twilight of the gods." The ravens of night have flown forth to summon Loki, who hath set Valhalla aflame with the searing trident of the Inferno. The twilight is done. A glow of new light is borne out of the night and Lucifer is risen, once more to proclaim: "This is the age of Satan! Satan Rules the Earth!" The gods of the unjust are dead. This is the morning of magic, and undefiled wisdom. The FLESH prevaileth and a great Church shall be builded, consecrated in its name. No longer shall man's salvation be dependent on his self-denial. And it will be known that the world of the flesh and the living shall be the greatest preparation for any and all eternal delights!
REGIE SATANAS!
AVE SATANAS!
HAIL SATAN!

WORK CITED/WEBSITE INFORMATION WAS GATHERED
http://www.e-reading.club/chapter.php/73...Bible.html
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2017, 08:53 PM
Missy Meng is awaiting your call.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-02-2017, 08:59 PM
We’re atheists, not satanists. We can barely tolerate agnostics. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
08-02-2017, 09:18 PM
(08-02-2017 08:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  We’re atheists, not satanists. We can barely tolerate agnostics. Smile

HAIL SAGAN Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
08-02-2017, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2017 09:45 PM by Mista.Chang.)
(08-02-2017 08:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  We’re atheists, not satanists. We can barely tolerate agnostics. Smile

Just because you're an atheist, doesn't mean you can't study religions or cults. Most people who are atheist have questioned a religion or two.

EDIT: Miss Meng isn't a current forum user of this platform, so I can't ask him/her.
08-02-2017, 09:41 PM
(08-02-2017 09:39 PM)Mista.Chang Wrote:  

Just because you're an atheist, doesn't mean you can't study religion. Most people who are atheist have questioned a religion or two.

Double post, sorry.
08-02-2017, 09:53 PM
(08-02-2017 08:35 PM)Mista.Chang Wrote:  Bumping.

So if anyone can explain in detail what the prologue means it would be greatly appreciated.

The gods of the right-hand path have bickered and quarreled for an entire age of earth. Each of these deities and their respective priests and ministers have attempted to find wisdom in their own lies. The ice age of religious thought can last but a limited time in this great scheme of human existence. The gods of wisdom-defiled have had their saga, and their millennium hath become as reality. Each, with his own "divine" path to paradise, hath accused the other of heresies and spiritual indiscretions. The Ring of the Nibelungen doth carry an everlasting curse, but only because those who seek it think in terms of "Good" and "Evil" - themselves being at all times "Good". The gods of the past have become as their own devils in order to live. Feebly, their ministers play the devil's game to fill their tabernacles and pay the mortgages on their temples. Alas, too long have they studied "righteousness", and poor and incompetent devils they make. So they all join hands in "brotherly" unity, and in their desperation go to Valhalla for their last great ecumenical council. "Draweth near in the gloom the twilight of the gods." The ravens of night have flown forth to summon Loki, who hath set Valhalla aflame with the searing trident of the Inferno. The twilight is done. A glow of new light is borne out of the night and Lucifer is risen, once more to proclaim: "This is the age of Satan! Satan Rules the Earth!" The gods of the unjust are dead. This is the morning of magic, and undefiled wisdom. The FLESH prevaileth and a great Church shall be builded, consecrated in its name. No longer shall man's salvation be dependent on his self-denial. And it will be known that the world of the flesh and the living shall be the greatest preparation for any and all eternal delights!
REGIE SATANAS!
AVE SATANAS!
HAIL SATAN!

Looks pretty straightforward to me:

"People make up religions to assure themselves that their ways are good and everyone else's ways are evil. They argue over which of them is which. They're all wrong, though, because they want you to not do things. But you should do things. Some things are good because I say they're good. So I've just made up this new religion of selfishness, and it's the right one. It's gonna be the best religion, I tell you. You're gonna love it. I'm telling you, it's the best. Praise Jesus Hail Satan!"

Seriously, that's all it's saying. Satanism (in this form) is as stupid as any other cult. Er, religion. Which of those words one uses depends on membership totals, I suppose.

So why bring this up? You couldn't translate that for yourself?

What's the big question? And seriously, why are you asking us?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
08-02-2017, 09:58 PM
(08-02-2017 09:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 08:35 PM)Mista.Chang Wrote:  Bumping.

REGIE SATANAS!
AVE SATANAS!
HAIL SATAN!

Looks pretty straightforward to me:

"People make up religions to assure themselves that their ways are good and everyone else's ways are evil. They argue over which of them is which. They're all wrong, though, because they want you to not do things. But you should do things. Some things are good because I say they're good. So I've just made up this new religion of selfishness, and it's the right one. It's gonna be the best religion, I tell you. You're gonna love it. I'm telling you, it's the best. Praise Jesus Hail Satan!"

Seriously, that's all it's saying. Satanism (in this form) is as stupid as any other cult. Er, religion. Which of those words one uses depends on membership totals, I suppose.

I brought this up here, due to me being a bit unsure if I was grasping the concept or not. I also came here, because this place is filled with atheists; I find atheists to be critical thinkers usually. There is no big question.
08-02-2017, 10:06 PM
(08-02-2017 09:39 PM)Mista.Chang Wrote:  

Just because you're an atheist, doesn't mean you can't study religions or cults. Most people who are atheist have questioned a religion or two.

Don’t forget to bring your sense of humor next time. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
09-02-2017, 01:41 AM
(08-02-2017 09:58 PM)Mista.Chang Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 09:53 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Looks pretty straightforward to me:

I brought this up here, due to me being a bit unsure if I was grasping the concept or not. I also came here, because this place is filled with atheists; I find atheists to be critical thinkers usually. There is no big question.

We are usually critical thinkers. However, we are also sick and tired of being "ambush-accused" by people who come here to tell us what we think, or to try to get us to say things that make them feel they're able to lob their prejudices our way. (For example, one method would be asking us seemingly innocently about Satanism and then trying to accuse us of "really" being Satan Worshipers.)

But the fact is that most of us don't study religion in general, but the religious views that plague our daily lives. If people weren't constantly telling us God-Stories and insisting they were unquestionably true, and then discriminating against us on the basis of our "stubborn" (yes they use that word) refusal to accept their particular god-story, we would quite comfortably go about our lives never thinking about the subject. We just don't have that luxury.

So we learn about the religion that surrounds us, or into which we were indoctrinated as children before finally growing strong enough to walk away.

Some of us may go beyond that and study some of the "major" religions, in order to get a feel for other crazy crap we're likely to have someone try to sell to us (or our kids).

A very few of us will go so far as to study a broader range of religions out of sheer interest in the subject of why people believe crazy shit-- that is, shit that's crazy to everyone else on the planet except members of that cult, or religion in general, where every one of them will tell you with a straight face that everyone else on earth is wrong except the True Believers™ in their particular faith-group.

LaVeyan Satanism is pretty far down the list of things we need to worry about interfering with our daily lives, so no, only a very few of us know much about it. We have no reason to care, any more than you have reason to really worry about the details of Jainism or Shintoism.

I happen to have read it because I had some free time on my hands--to put it mildly--and made it a project to learn about the religious beliefs (and read the scriptures of, if applicable) of everyone I met.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson