The Scale Of The Universe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2012, 07:55 AM
The Scale Of The Universe
Great interactive Flash site on the size and scale of all things. I've seen this before, but thought I'd post it up anyway. It's a like an interactive Powers of Ten.

http://htwins.net/scale2/

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2012, 07:58 AM
RE: The Scale Of The Universe
[Image: 3770.jpg]

LOLOLOL!!!! That's stooopid coz it don't mention Jesus at the big end!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
24-05-2012, 10:24 AM
I love this!!

I'd really, really, REALLY love it ... if I were high. Yes

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
24-05-2012, 10:30 AM
(24-05-2012 07:58 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  [Image: 3770.jpg]

LOLOLOL!!!! That's stooopid coz it don't mention Jesus at the big end!

This belongs on the whispering thread,...but I have an uncle in Ohio, and went to a Nascar race with him, and we sat next to that guy. Shhh.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
24-05-2012, 03:46 PM
(24-05-2012 10:24 AM)kim Wrote:  I love this!!

I'd really, really, REALLY love it ... if I were high. Yes

For some people that would be all it takes. Put that ish into some real perspective. You have to watch out though, you don't want to induce the smart-dumb effect; in some people that can be dangerous bidness. I'm talking from first hand experiences. You don't want to get into intellectual conversations with a dumb person that is high or drunk. They will talk all kinds of shit, some philosopher of the year shit in their minds, meanwhile not making any damn sense to any of the sober people in the room.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
25-05-2012, 02:01 PM
(24-05-2012 03:46 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  They will talk all kinds of shit, some philosopher of the year shit in their minds, meanwhile not making any damn sense to any of the sober people in the room.
Ha - No kidding! I have an acquaintance that I can sit around and shoot the breeze with, he's a history buff, fairly opinionated, and quite knowledgable on some things. Then out of the blue, will come, "They've found batteries thousands of years old, buried in the desert."
Uh... ok... Blink maybe he won't say any more.... if I keep my eyes on him.... as I back out of the room.

Then again, since I don't have television ... I consider him my mindless form of entertainment. Tongue

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
25-05-2012, 07:29 PM
(25-05-2012 02:01 PM)kim Wrote:  
(24-05-2012 03:46 PM)TrulyX Wrote:  They will talk all kinds of shit, some philosopher of the year shit in their minds, meanwhile not making any damn sense to any of the sober people in the room.
Ha - No kidding! I have an acquaintance that I can sit around and shoot the breeze with, he's a history buff, fairly opinionated, and quite knowledgable on some things. Then out of the blue, will come, "They've found batteries thousands of years old, buried in the desert."
Uh... ok... Blink maybe he won't say any more.... if I keep my eyes on him.... as I back out of the room.

Then again, since I don't have television ... I consider him my mindless form of entertainment. Tongue
That's hilarious.

"They've found batteries thousands of years old, buried in the desert." The ancient aliens must have put them there. Those are the types of people to hang out with right there. I tend to like to believe people, so when he went there, we would have definitely went at it for an hour about how batteries got into the desert.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
[+] 1 user Likes TrulyX's post
25-05-2012, 07:59 PM
"To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human
conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our
responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to
preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known." - Carl Sagan

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
[+] 1 user Likes free2011's post