The Scientific Accuracy of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2016, 03:06 PM
RE: The Scientific Accuracy of the Bible
(31-05-2016 02:01 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(31-05-2016 01:53 PM)I Am Wrote:  The closest the Bible gets to this are the "begats." They at least purport to collect data. Those passages are long and boring and most people don't bother with them, just like real science.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I meant this tongue-in-cheek. Smile While primary research can be pretty dry, the Google science news aggregator is my favorite at-work time sink.

I actually have read the biblical geneologies twice, but I don't remember a word. Tolkien's Dwarven lineage sticks in my mind much better. Gimli son of Gloin son of Gróin son of Farin son of Borin son of &etc. son of Durin the Deathless... Now there are some folks worth reading about.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
31-05-2016, 03:19 PM
(31-05-2016 03:06 PM)I Am Wrote:  I meant this tongue-in-cheek. Smile

It still hurt Weeping

Wink

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-05-2016, 05:08 PM
"Scientific Accuracy of the Bible" is about like ----

"Doctorate Thesis of Pee Wee Herman" -
"Cuisine Secrets of Hot and Now" -
"Perfuming Chemistry in a Cesspool" -
or
"The Humility and Compassion of Donald Trump"...............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post