The Secret Life of Brian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2012, 04:16 PM
The Secret Life of Brian
A documentary about one of my favorite films of all time, Monty Python's the Life of Brian. One real eye opener was how risky it was to write and produce the film as the Pythons were in danger of being imprisoned for blasphemy at that time in England.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

Here's the full video of the debate between the Pythons and Malcom Muggeridge and Mervin Stockwell.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

"Does anyone else feel like a little giggle when I mention my friend, Biggus Dickus?"

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
10-04-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: The Secret Life of Brian
Thanks for that, excessively interesting to hear all this controversy. I really didn't find the life of brian to have that much to do with religion per se. Always look on the bright side of life will remain one of my favorite musical numbers for quite a long time to come.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
It was dead controversial at the time. Though I think that was mainly because the religious twats of the 70's had their heads so far up their arses they didn't realise that Brian isn't Jesus.

The only trippy thing about that film is that my parents are called Brian and Judith Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
10-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for posting all of this, Carlo! LoB is one of my all-time favorite films too. Just thinking about the Biggus Dickus scene (with Incontinentia Buttocks!), or the centurion's Latin lesson, or "Blessed are the cheesemakers," or Brian's mother saying, "He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!" makes me smile.

A nice collection of LoB quotes

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Wish there were a version with Otto still in the actual movie. I liked that charater

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
10-04-2012, 09:12 PM
(10-04-2012 09:00 PM)cufflink Wrote:  Thanks for posting all of this, Carlo! LoB is one of my all-time favorite films too. Just thinking about the Biggus Dickus scene (with Incontinentia Buttocks!), or the centurion's Latin lesson, or "Blessed are the cheesemakers," or Brian's mother saying, "He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!" makes me smile.

A nice collection of LoB quotes

Some of THE best insults I have ever heard ... you pig-dog.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-04-2012, 09:14 PM
(10-04-2012 09:05 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Wish there were a version with Otto still in the actual movie. I liked that charater
I had to look that up, they should have left it in the dvds.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
10-04-2012, 11:43 PM
(10-04-2012 04:16 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  "Does anyone else feel like a little giggle when I mention my friend, Biggus Dickus?"
He wanks as high as any in Wome.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Naughtius Maximus, why do they laugh when I say the name, Biggus Dickus? Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
10-04-2012, 11:49 PM
(10-04-2012 06:08 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  The only trippy thing about that film is that my parents are called Brian and Judith Big Grin.
The messiah, how shall we serve you oh great one.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Humakt's post