The Secular Bear Market In God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2013, 04:59 AM
The Secular Bear Market In God
I find hope in these numbers. Hopefully the money is being invested in something truly beneficial like shelters for the homeless or food kitchens.

"Construction spending missed expectations falling 0.6% in June.

One of the notable drags on construction was the decline in spending on religious constructions, which was down 6.8% on the month, and 12.2% on the year.

A further breakdown, shows that private religious construction spending was down 7.3% on the month and 12.7% on the year.

But construction spending on religious institutions has been on a long-term, secular decline for some time now."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/religious...z2aoBAHIYX

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2013, 06:29 AM
RE: The Secular Bear Market In God
(02-08-2013 04:59 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I find hope in these numbers. Hopefully the money is being invested in something truly beneficial like shelters for the homeless or food kitchens.

"Construction spending missed expectations falling 0.6% in June.

One of the notable drags on construction was the decline in spending on religious constructions, which was down 6.8% on the month, and 12.2% on the year.

A further breakdown, shows that private religious construction spending was down 7.3% on the month and 12.7% on the year.

But construction spending on religious institutions has been on a long-term, secular decline for some time now."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/religious...z2aoBAHIYX

Oh great, now atheists are to blame for the decline in construction jobs as well. please no one tell fox news

The secret to a happy life is lowering your expectations to the point where they are already met
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply