The Semmelweis reflex

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 02:53 PM
RE: The Semmelweis reflex
(17-01-2015 10:47 AM)theophilus Wrote:  There is scientific evidence that supports the Bible. For example, the October, 2012, issue of Answers magazine, which is published by Answers in Genesis, contains a report on some evidence that shows the earth can’t be as old as is generally believed. You can read this report here:

https://answersingenesis.org/evidence-fo...ung-earth/

Of course the Semmelweiss reflex will cause many to either ignore this evidence or try to explain it away.

There is historic evidence that supports the existence of Batman. For example, the <whatever the fuck date> issue of Detective Comics contains evidence of his existence.

You can read about it in this and other Detective Comics.

Of course, the the Semmelweiss reflex will cause many to either ignore this evidence or try to explain it away.

Seriously? Answers in Genesis? The site that claims that humans and dinosaurs walked around together 5,000 years ago? The fuck am I supposed to take you seriously?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
22-01-2015, 02:58 PM
I just noticed his joined date... that's an impressive standing for a theist routinely coming and going over the years whenever he had some point to try to make. From the looks of it seems he used to be decent in the earlier days, now just jumps around posting droves of copied texts and ignores the threads.

To remain that way and not need to swap to new accounts like some ego-inflating theist trolls is quite rare.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
23-01-2015, 06:44 AM
He probably spends all that time away at theist echo chambers looking for a good answer to the points we made, and when he doesn't fine one after a few months, he returns to make a new point.
23-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Theophilus, I used to think very similar to you. I would even go on religious forums and post messages about how the "supposed evidence" for evolution really wasn't true, and I even posted links to Answers in Genesis articles. The thing is it turns out evolution really is true. I would encourage you to take your own advice and look into what the scientist are actually saying (Not what Answers in Genesis tells you the scientist are saying).

Books to consider:

"Why Evolution is True" by Jerry Coyne.

"Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why it Matters" by Donald Prothero
23-01-2015, 11:13 AM
(23-01-2015 10:32 AM)Hurley4815 Wrote:  Theophilus, I used to think very similar to you. I would even go on religious forums and post messages about how the "supposed evidence" for evolution really wasn't true, and I even posted links to Answers in Genesis articles. The thing is it turns out evolution really is true. I would encourage you to take your own advice and look into what the scientist are actually saying (Not what Answers in Genesis tells you the scientist are saying).

Books to consider:

"Why Evolution is True" by Jerry Coyne.

"Evolution: What the Fossils Say and Why it Matters" by Donald Prothero

I applaud the sentiment and effort, but OP has had hundreds of such patient responses over the years.

None have taken, but, I guess you never know...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
23-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Yes, Semmelweis was challenging established scientific understanding. And we can agree that it was unscientific for his findings to be discarded out of hand.

But God and creationism is not a new idea, it has been around for thousands of years, and it has been demonstrated to be completely, and totally incorrect, on countless occasions.

Now fuck off back to Wonderland.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
23-01-2015, 01:14 PM
(23-01-2015 11:21 AM)Sam Wrote:  Now fuck off back to Wonderland.

I love that.

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces