The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2017, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2017 08:15 PM by Full Circle.)
The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...977d04bb4a
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2017, 09:39 AM
RE: The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy
Of course they did. Fucking fuckers.

This is why Republicans won't make Trump an explicit enemy...yet. Right now, they have a great distraction. I mean, what better cover for passing shit like this than Trump's constant stupid shit, cover-ups, and Russian investigation? They have control over the House and Senate and everyone is paying attention to the Mango Mussolini, so they can just keep doing and undoing all of things they have wanted to do for years that will ultimately fuck us over. Jackasses

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 6 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Please, SOMEONE tell me how the regular American folks are winning??

So much fucking winning that I want to puke!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
29-03-2017, 09:42 AM
(29-03-2017 09:39 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Please, SOMEONE tell me how the regular American folks are winning??

So much fucking winning that I want to puke!

Well, if you are overweight then all that puking will result in weight-loss. So...win? It's a win like cancer is a win when it comes to losing weight.

#SoMuchWinningIWantToPunchAWall

-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-03-2017, 09:42 AM
And the best part....many of the so called small government conservatives I know just shrug their shoulders and say "Meh, it's not a big deal", all because this was put forth by a Republican, and their Republican President will not veto.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
29-03-2017, 09:47 AM
(29-03-2017 09:42 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  And the best part....many of the so called small government conservatives I know just shrug their shoulders and say "Meh, it's not a big deal", all because this was put forth by a Republican, and their Republican President will not veto.

I think it is time to start calling the "small government" conservatives what they really are. They are Big State Government Conservatives. They don't really want less government, they just want less government that they have less control over and more government that they have more control over. Can't get a discriminatory bill through the House and Senate? That's fine, get it through individual state governments instead! Want to call 2017 the year of the bible? Well, you can't do it at the federal level but at the state level? Have at it partner!

-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-03-2017, 09:53 AM
I think I am getting depressed again. Weeping

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Where's that meteor when you need it...

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
29-03-2017, 09:55 AM
(29-03-2017 09:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-03-2017 09:42 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  And the best part....many of the so called small government conservatives I know just shrug their shoulders and say "Meh, it's not a big deal", all because this was put forth by a Republican, and their Republican President will not veto.

I think it is time to start calling the "small government" conservatives what they really are. They are Big State Government Conservatives. They don't really want less government, they just want less government that they have less control over and more government that they have more control over. Can't get a discriminatory bill through the House and Senate? That's fine, get it through individual state governments instead! Want to call 2017 the year of the bible? Well, you can't do it at the federal level but at the state level? Have at it partner!

Exactly.

The whole "small government/states rights" bullshit is nothing more than a label that really means "I want to be able to discriminate all I want, and if you don't like it, move to another state".
[+] 5 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
29-03-2017, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 10:57 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-03-2017 09:47 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  

They are "government when it's convenient to me" conservatives.
Government is fine when it meddles in bathrooms, marriage, or praying in schools.

But this is SO fucked up, ... a lot of the crap he's doing will be fought over in the courts for YEARS, by the time it's out of the courts, D.T Rump will be just a bad memory, (like the coal regulations, yesterday ... what he did really can't change anything, immediately). Look at his record. TWO Executive orders halted by the courts. HUGE fail on health care.

My great aunt's friend, (a nice ole nun in her 90's I visit sometimes) said yesterday to my brother and me "Now listen boys, you just remember you are better than this, and you were raised to be kind and good ... this is going to pass. I'm old enough to have seen many evils and many good things. The good will out. These evil men will be seen for what they are. I'm so glad I lived when I did, when the Roosevelts taught us what it meant to be compassionate, and we worked together for each other. You know many people still do that ... but all we hear about are these evil people. Remember most people are not this way."
Rolleyes
Laugh out loadLaugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 6 users Like Bucky Ball's post