The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: The Senate just voted to undo landmark rules covering your Internet privacy
(31-03-2017 05:22 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 04:45 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Since I had a death in the family this week I was looking up the funeral home and obituary. Now I'm getting life insurance adds on Google.

How shitty.

I share your anger at this unwarranted intrusion into your life by self-styled demigod Google. I'm using an ad blocker, and don't get any ads on its page.

Hope everything else is going okay mate. Smile

Can you tell me the secrets to add blocking?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2017, 06:39 PM
(31-03-2017 05:39 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Can you tell me the secrets to add blocking?

I use this free download. Works a treat, and you can use different options for different sites...

https://adblockultimate.net/

Hope this helps. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Advice with VPNs and online security
Now that the senate has voted to do away with internet privacy laws do any of you recommend a VPN service?

PCmag rates them here but before I purchase a service I was hoping to hear from someone with experience regarding VPNs.

What about for iPhones such as 1Blocker?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
31-03-2017, 07:16 PM
RE: Advice with VPNs and online security
I don't have an iphone, but I'll be looking into a VPN service. Thing is, they can see where you go, so you'll have to make sure that they don't collect and sell the information. My internet searches and places of interest are pretty tame; I have nothing to be worried about, unless atheists going to auto or truck forums are a special target.
31-03-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: Advice with VPNs and online security
I want a VPN that not only hides my trail but blocks ads as well. No one needs to know what the fuck I look at, where I spend my time or sells my browsing history. [Image: SSY3HpZ.gif?zoom=2]

31-03-2017, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2017 08:19 PM by Full Circle.)
I just started a new thread asking about recos on VPNs. Help.

Threads merged

31-03-2017, 07:33 PM
(31-03-2017 06:39 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 05:39 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Can you tell me the secrets to add blocking?

I use this free download. Works a treat, and you can use different options for different sites...

https://adblockultimate.net/

Hope this helps. Thumbsup

Awesome sauce! I just installed it, let’s see now how effective it is. Thanks SYZ Thumbsup

31-03-2017, 07:45 PM
Are we to believe the big service providers that they will not sell our info?

Forgive me if I seem skeptical. Dodgy
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-w...60174.html

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
31-03-2017, 09:30 PM
(31-03-2017 07:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are we to believe the big service providers that they will not sell our info?

They're going to sell our info and then charge us more for our info not being as profitable as they'd hoped.

Next up: slowing down the internet for us plebes.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
31-03-2017, 11:31 PM
(31-03-2017 09:30 PM)julep Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 07:45 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Are we to believe the big service providers that they will not sell our info?

They're going to sell our info and then charge us more for our info not being as profitable as they'd hoped.

Next up: slowing down the internet for us plebes.

We're still debating anthropocentric climate change, evolution, and women's access to contraception. Universal healthcare is still a pipe dream, so make internet access as much of a protected asset as water and electricity is probably something we won't see in our lifetime. Here we are, the world's largest economy and trying to maintain our lead, and what do we do? Our infrastructure is decades behind other nations, being outstripped by both speed and price by even second world nations (internet access is far faster and cheap in eastern Europe, Japan has had widespread fiber-optics since the 90's). Why? So a few uber-rich dingle-berries can squeeze even more blood out of a stone before they die. Bunch of rich entitled assholes with Ayn Rand fetishes fucking it up for everyone else.

I can't watch Wall Street, because every time I hear Gordon Gekko speak I want to strangle him with his tie.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post