The Settlers of Catan

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2012, 11:08 PM
RE: The Settlers of Catan
To get past the german, go to the second link in the email. My internet and computer are both too slow to load the game..... Sad

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
10-07-2012, 11:12 PM
The added bonus being they are also the first to surely die if we ever all go on a landing party together.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-07-2012, 11:26 PM
(10-07-2012 10:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Back in the dark ages when I was a pastor, I had a group of nerdy college and high school kids I could entice to play with me .........
Confused

Big Grin

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
10-07-2012, 11:29 PM
(10-07-2012 11:26 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 10:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Back in the dark ages when I was a pastor, I had a group of nerdy college and high school kids I could entice to play with me .........
Confused

Big Grin

Sigh---I really do miss some of those days. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
12-07-2012, 09:18 AM
can you play this with 2 people? What is a realistic minimum age to play? how long to the games last?
12-07-2012, 09:23 AM
I think you need a minimum of 3, but maybe 2 can play.
As for age, it depends on a persons ability to reason a bit. You have to balance collecting the correct resources to build trade routes and buildings. There is also a trading element to the game where you barter for resources.

I'd say a kid who is old enough to appreciate Monopoly is probably old enough (although Settlers is NOTHING like Monopoly). Smile

12-07-2012, 09:33 AM
I've played it on my XBOX but I'm not very good at it. I've considered getting it on my iPhone but it's hard to say which Catan app is a good one to get, even reading the reviews.
13-07-2012, 05:02 AM
The Cettlers Of Satan?

Sounds like a great game, what is it about?

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
13-07-2012, 05:12 AM
(10-07-2012 10:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Puerto Rico deals with growing and selling crops to afford building plantations and buying slaves...er...servants as the game calls them.
Note how the tokens representing the little err... "servants" happen to be brown. Actually i think the game calls them colonists Tongue

There's a very good version of Puerto Rico on board games arena.

Catan is our "family" game. Or rather became our family game once Trivial Pursuit became too outdated (ie once we knew all the answers).

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
13-07-2012, 07:03 AM
(13-07-2012 05:12 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  
(10-07-2012 10:35 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Puerto Rico deals with growing and selling crops to afford building plantations and buying slaves...er...servants as the game calls them.
Note how the tokens representing the little err... "servants" happen to be brown. Actually i think the game calls them colonists Tongue

There's a very good version of Puerto Rico on board games arena.

Catan is our "family" game. Or rather became our family game once Trivial Pursuit became too outdated (ie once we knew all the answers).

Yes! Colonists!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Brick The Settlers Online - anyone? NT-Walker 1 156 09-12-2013 12:03 PM
Last Post: NT-Walker