The Shred Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2011, 05:31 AM
RE: The Shred Thread
Great topic!

Mannfred Manns Earth Band - Blinded by the light
Has some great guitar in it. Just love it.
Giving the whole song here because I can't find anything but covers otherwise.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
17-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Newton Faulkner.......The way he introduces a beat onto his guitar whilst strumming/plucking is just so damn awesome.

You cant have a list without good ole jimmy playing either behind his head or with his teeth.

This is one of the best that Oasis did (lyrically and musically)

You can enjoy the whole song or skip to 3:18 to hear that awesome but simple rift.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
17-12-2011, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2011 09:06 AM by Erxomai.)
Leela,
Great song. Funny, though, it wouldn't have come to mind as having much guitar in it, but you're right, it really does have some great riffs!
Also the song that has sparked many an argument over: "What the hell are they singing???"

Bemore,
I haven't heard of Newton Faulkner, but that's a pretty amazing style he has. And what would any Shred Thread be without Jimi? Why don't more people play with their teeth? You just don't see that much anymore.

But now you've inspired me to remember another amazing Jimmy:

(Oh, man, my search for the best Jimmy Page solo has totally made my morning. This cat is in his 60s (I assume) and he can still groove like no other. There are better solos, better videos of Jimmy's skills, but I picked this one because #1, if you love rock and roll guitar and you have not seen "It Might Be Loud," get thee to a DVD source immediately and fry your brain with this awesomeness and #2, well no #2 is needed because this is Jimmy Motha F'n Page playin' like no one else can!)

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, Mr. Jimmy Page:

I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop at 1 Jimmy solo.

Love the first YouTube comment below the video:
Quote:God has this song on his ipod.

Also loved another comment on another Page video:
Quote:I would invent a time machine just to go to this concert.

Oh, here's the magic with a bow:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
18-12-2011, 06:05 PM
(17-12-2011 08:18 AM)bemore Wrote:  You cant have a list without good ole jimmy playing either behind his head or with his teeth.

One fuckin' trippin' fool.

"The reality of external objects does not admit of strict proof. On the contrary, however, the reality of the object of our internal sense (of myself and state) is clear immediately through consciousness." - Kant
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-12-2011, 06:52 PM
First some shit from pantera ... R.I.P Dimebag

and some of Dimebag's "other moments"

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
19-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Shredding hasn't been the same since we lost Dimebag.

Going a different direction, musically, any Dream Theater fans out there? I can never figure out how much I like them or not. I have three of their albums and heard them at a concert (I didn't "see" them because I was there for Iron Maiden and was getting a little pre-game baking done first, but I digress). I feel like they are an awesome band, but for some reason they just don't quite do it for me. Maybe they're a 10 and I need them to go just a little further to 11. Anyway, get about 3 1/2 minutes into this video for some Major Kick Ass Shreddage!

Oh, and while this is not a DrumHead Thread, check out the kit this cat is playin' with. F'n A! Is that 3 kick drums he's got? Swoon...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-12-2011, 12:49 AM
(19-12-2011 11:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Shredding hasn't been the same since we lost Dimebag.

Going a different direction, musically, any Dream Theater fans out there? I can never figure out how much I like them or not. I have three of their albums and heard them at a concert (I didn't "see" them because I was there for Iron Maiden and was getting a little pre-game baking done first, but I digress). I feel like they are an awesome band, but for some reason they just don't quite do it for me. Maybe they're a 10 and I need them to go just a little further to 11. Anyway, get about 3 1/2 minutes into this video for some Major Kick Ass Shreddage!

Good stuff there Erxomai !

you remember this guy? Marty Friedman from Megadeth... this guy can fuckin' lay down some shreddage!

some more gettin' down!

head bangin'. . . . . . Metal up yer Ass you fuks!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
20-12-2011, 12:53 AM
(20-12-2011 12:49 AM)ddrew Wrote:  head bangin'. . . . . . Metal up yer Ass you fuks!

Yeah man, that dude can wail! He got a verbal "wow" out of me on those arpeggios in the middle of the 2nd video. Metal up yer Ass indeeed yu fuk!

[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-12-2011, 03:08 AM
Some of Marty Friedman on live stage action... awsome shit!