The Siberian Fox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2011, 04:25 AM
RE: The Siberian Fox
That's the great thing about these tame foxes - they're useless to the fur industry.

Though to be honest , I'm not a pro-fur kinda guy.The methods they use to get the fur is usually brutal and horrible.In china as far as I know , some producers skin animals alive.
So no thanks.

I will wear leather though - if we kill the cow to eat it , we might as well make the most of it and not waste anything from the carcass.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I always used to be neutral with fur stuff, but when I saw how people would have acid thrown in their faces in the streets, or tied down, beaten up and covered in paint I went pretty pro-fur.
There is still a use for fur where we haven't managed to make an artificial material that has the same properties.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
21-03-2011, 11:56 AM
(21-03-2011 11:45 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  There is still a use for fur where we haven't managed to make an artificial material that has the same properties.

Making rich people (or not so rich people) feel important is not a good use for fur. There's no need to treat animals this way, just so someone can try to impress others. That's BS.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
21-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Well it doesn't have that use any more does it? Because hippies throw paint, sometimes acid, in the face of people who wear fur.

I haven't seen any evidence that fur animals are mistreated anyway, unless you count cats and dogs in China, which are no worse treated than standard cattle in the USA. People only care because our culture uses those animals as pets instead of something more useful.

Still I wonder what would happen if India set up a bunch of organizations using shock videos and dramatic writing suddenly went over to the USA and said "YOU MUST STOP THIS SLAUGHTER OF COWS FOR LEATHER AND MEAT NOW!"

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
21-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I used to set a strawman for myself in every topic concerning the treatment of animals. I saw organizations like PETA as the other side, and my views (''they're animals, they have no souls''Tongue[nowadays even I don't have a soulTongue {it's been time, everyone's been stupid}]) as the other side, with absolutely no middle ground. I was extremely pissed at these stupid hippies releasing minks to the nature without thinking about the consequences. My wet dream was to eat a ton of hamburgers right next to people protesting at fast food restaurants.

I still think that people who's pet peeve is animal suffering should rather be more concerned about human suffering. But I too condemn mistreatment of animals for the the same kind of reason that I condemn poor elderly-care: Costs shouldn't outweight the quality of treatment, which they too often do.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
21-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Extremes are bad in any scenario.
Wanted to link a video from YT about alligator mistreatment and one of the highest rated comments is one comparing meat eating to pedophilia.
Yea , PETA and the vegan craze (especially the raw) are just waaaaaaay out there beyond reason.
And here's a study
http://www.ajcn.org/content/70/3/516S.long
that shows that whether eating meat or not has no bearing on health.Vegans and red-meat eaters live short , lacto-ovo-vegetarians and fish-eaters live more.
God - that comment got me pissed off.

But yeah , back to the topic , people first , animals second.Still , when some animals are abused I tend to get more offended. I have no problems with chickens/reptiles/fish but if I see mammals , especially dogs or cats get treated poorly I tend to get pretty pissed.

Cetaceaphile - trust me , I wish you never see some things.A friend of mine told me he watched a gore website - you know , accidents , autopsies , the works.He stopped when someone on a website's forum said the worst movie they saw was someone in russia putting a cat in a microwave.

21-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Ya I saw that video. Well sort of. The cat was in the microwave, I said "holy shit no" and watched something else instead.
Still, all the most awful, viscous and gory things I saw were with humans. Luckily though it didn't take me long to force the specific memories out of my head. Now I just remember what I saw, not the image of it, if you see what I mean. There is though an image of a homeless women who was stoned to death and then had her eye sockets sodomized which I've never been able to shake :\

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
21-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Quote:There is though an image of a homeless women who was stoned to death and then had her eye sockets sodomized which I've never been able to shake :\

Who on earth would do something so abominable ? Seriously ?
That's just fucking sick on so many levels.

Seriously , why of all the species on this planet did one so brutal have to dominate.Couldn't we just have remained a primitive species to be studied by a more peaceful species that evolved before us.

21-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Our brutality is exactly why we are the most successfully species unfortunately. A peaceful species will not advance. Even many peaceful human cultures don't advance. And of course those who don't advance will die.

We are though at an odd stage where we're advanced enough to destroy ourselves, but not advanced enough to turn the violence of our evolution into a deliberate and conscious evolutionary advance.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
21-03-2011, 07:51 PM
It's my opinion that anyone with respect for life and living things is obligated to hold that respect for all said living things. If a person doesn't care about animals, who experience the same pain that we do, and are often dependent on us to care for them, how much can that person care about people?

Anyone who would intentionally hurt an animal, or condone suffering of animals, is seriously lacking in the conscience department. I cannot believe that such a person could care about people at all.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink