The Siberian Fox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2011, 07:54 PM
RE: The Siberian Fox
So you're saying that if you're not a vegan then you're inherently incapable of being a moral human being?

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2011, 07:59 PM
It is possible to treat animals in a humane manner while raising them and during slaughter. I am not a PETA member, nor even a vegetarian, if you wondered.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
21-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I did wonder, because there is still the big point with the fur industry that it never did any worse to animals than any other area, such as food or glue making. The only difference is that animals used for furs are usually considered pets in western countries, so suddenly it's perceived as an awful thing.

Saying that a shock video from a badly run Chinese cat farm is representing the industry is like saying that the shock videos of pigs having their heads chain sawed off is representing the western food industry. Though surprisingly the shock videos of cows having their throats removed and then left to die slowly is representing a good portion of the legal cattle slaughter houses in the USA.

I can't remember the last time I saw the headline "Fur wearing businessman throws acid in the face of non-fur wearing passer by"

Also in reference to the animal torture videos that get online; the people in these videos are one of two things: Mentally ill, or fired from the slaughter house they worked in.
Also possibly both.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
22-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Seriously now - they make glue from animals ? I heard the myth about horses taken to the glue factory in cartoons , but ...

Also , extremism is a bad thing.And I think the actions of said extremists give the entire group a bad name.Especially if the group doesn't condemn the actions of the radical members.
I remember clearly that Greenpeace condemned the group in the Whale Wars series for their radical actions.

I think the EU has a law that an animal has to be stunned before slaughter.Also , cat fur is banned since 08/09 everywhere except of Switzerland.

The acid story seems to upset you a lot Cetaceaphile , why don't you elaborate ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
22-03-2011, 08:49 AM
I think you forget that the EU regulations on animal slaughter only applies to non-halal. All over europe halal meat is being used because if it wasn't then Muslims would get offended.

And the acid thing does upset me because I've met people who've been victims of acid attacks up close. One guy was attacked for selling Veal, the other was attacked for being a member of a right wing political party.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
23-03-2011, 07:25 PM
(22-03-2011 08:00 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  Seriously now - they make glue from animals ? I heard the myth about horses taken to the glue factory in cartoons , but ...

Not all glue is made this way, but it could be. I'm not even sure if they do this anymore.

Also, this is where gelatin comes from. If you ever catch someone who claims to be vegetarian eating Jell-o, they are a hypocrite. Or dumb.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
23-03-2011, 07:53 PM
There are a few animal glues still around.
I tend to avoid them like the plague because generally they smell like rotten fish.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
23-03-2011, 09:06 PM

I want one. I shall put him on a harness and walk him around on Sunday mornings and call him, Harry. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Do eet!

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
24-03-2011, 01:53 PM
(23-03-2011 09:06 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I want one. I shall put him on a harness and walk him around on Sunday mornings and call him, Harry. Big Grin

I want one too Big Grin . They get along with dogs and cats quite well from what I've seen Smile

@Cetaceaphile
Well , on the halal issue :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbi8K_E5Jxg

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin