The Sky is Falling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2014, 12:00 PM
RE: The Sky is Falling
(30-06-2014 08:52 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Which part of the Bible are the Christians basing this refusal to give birth control on, again? I mean, even if it's just a discrimination thing, they still usually have a verse or two they bring up every ten seconds.

Is it the one about smashing babies' heads on rocks? Is there a shortage of babies to do that to?

It's the verse in genesis where whats-his-name pulls out and "spills his seed on the ground" (busts his nut into the dirt). God kills him, ergo sex for pleasure and not pro creations is bad. It also says in Deuteronomy to be fruitful like a million and ten times, so there is that.

It is silly, and misogynistic, because I am sure condoms will be covered but female forms of birth control will not. Just more ignorant, hateful, backwards, regressive, stupid shit coming out of the church government Facepalm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
30-06-2014, 12:14 PM
This country is run by idiots. I wonder if being a communist is better?Consider

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-06-2014, 12:18 PM
In America... First you get de money, then you get de condom, then you get de weemen.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2014, 12:44 PM
I guess we should be glad the court isnt made up of mostly christian scientests....could have had doctors banned period.
30-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Some great points from one of the opposing justices:

On Monday, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg penned a blistering dissent to the Supreme Court's 5-4 ruling that the government can't require certain employers to provide insurance coverage for methods of birth control and emergency contraception that conflict with their religious beliefs. Ginsburg wrote that her five male colleagues, "in a decision of startling breadth," would allow corporations to opt out of almost any law that they find "incompatible with their sincerely held religious beliefs."

Here are a few of the ones I totally agreed with:

"Religious organizations exist to foster the interests of persons subscribing to the same religious faith. Not so of for-profit corporations. Workers who sustain the operations of those corporations commonly are not drawn from one religious community."

"Any decision to use contraceptives made by a woman covered under Hobby Lobby's or Conestoga's plan will not be propelled by the Government, it will be the woman's autonomous choice, informed by the physician she consults."

"Would the exemption…extend to employers with religiously grounded objections to blood transfusions (Jehovah's Witnesses); antidepressants (Scientologists); medications derived from pigs, including anesthesia, intravenous fluids, and pills coated with gelatin (certain Muslims, Jews, and Hindus); and vaccinations[?]…Not much help there for the lower courts bound by today's decision."

"Approving some religious claims while deeming others unworthy of accommodation could be 'perceived as favoring one religion over another,' the very 'risk the [Constitution's] Establishment Clause was designed to preclude."

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 13 users Like guitar_nut's post
30-06-2014, 01:35 PM
(30-06-2014 12:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I guess we should be glad the court isnt made up of mostly christian scientests....could have had doctors banned period.

Supposedly, under the Taliban, women were not allowed to be seen by a male doctor, but they weren't allowed to go to school, either, so there were no female doctors. So if you're a female, better not get sick! At least it hasn't come to that yet here.
30-06-2014, 01:44 PM
(30-06-2014 12:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I guess we should be glad the court isnt made up of mostly christian scientests....could have had doctors banned period.

Oh, they'd never do that. See, if they completely ignore all history in favor of "Christian science", nothing bad happens to them personally, and they get a nice little bonus in the form of easier self-delusion. But if there were no doctors, then those "scientists" might die, and that's a no-no cause...um, heaven's getting it's rugs cleaned. So doctors are ok.

Besides, it's really God doing all those surgeries and check ups anyway. Just ask any Christian cancer survivor.
30-06-2014, 01:54 PM
Wait, all the women voted one way, and most of the men voted the other way?

Every once in a while, when I think things are getting better for women, things like this come up and make me want to scream. Thank you Supreme Court for proving that misogyny and patriarchy are alive and well. Already it sucks enough to be female, having to work harder, to be twice as awesome for the same respect. To be expected to be of spotless character. Any man would never be treated the same way a woman is now.
[+] 6 users Like natachan's post
30-06-2014, 02:48 PM
I suppose next employers won't have to provide any health insurance coverage because what health insurance doesn't cover blood transfusions? Employers can just claim they are Jehovah's Witnesses and get a free pass out of providing any health insurance at all. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
30-06-2014, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2014 05:11 PM by WindyCityJazz.)
(30-06-2014 08:44 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Supreme Court sides with Christian-owned companies that don't want to pay for some types of contraceptives for workers.

http://www.cnn.com/

Of course they did. There are 5 Republican justices and 4 Democrats, so they just rule in favor of their personal beliefs. They don't give a shit about rightfully upholding laws in this country., which is their job. Their ruling on having prayer at the beginning of government meetings as being legal, when in actuality it is blatantly unconstitutional, shows just what a fucking joke this country has become.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
[+] 9 users Like WindyCityJazz's post