The Snake - Narrated by Donald Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2016, 03:48 PM
The Snake - Narrated by Donald Trump

I'm more interested in your thoughts on the emigration/immigration of displaced Muslims than Trump, who most of us dislike at best. Should we allow these Muslims into our countries, and if so, under what conditions? Is this the story of the snake?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
25-03-2016, 04:05 PM
RE: The Snake - Narrated by Donald Trump
What a load of fear mongering bullshit.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-03-2016, 04:16 PM
The truth hurts.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
25-03-2016, 04:32 PM
That was a popular song 30 or so years ago. I think it can be used as a parable about Trump himself. He is asking us to take him, and he can do nothing except turn on us if we do.
25-03-2016, 05:47 PM
What do I think about people who come from a culture that has no respect for women emigrating to egalitarian societies in Europe? Well, I'll let the events that followed said migration, e.g. the massive sexual assaults in Cologne, speak for themselves.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Both NPR and PBS today had really great discussions about both Cruz and Trump....how offensive Trump is to women, his juvenile attitudes towards "trophy" women, and how offensive Cruz's comments about patrolling Muslim neighborhoods are to NY cops who are Muslims, and fought in the US armed services. They're both dead in the water.

People are already talking about the "post Trump" Republican Party, as if he's already lost (which we know he will), as the last gasp of "Reaganism" taken to it's logical conclusion.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-03-2016, 08:42 PM
I recall an old Country Western song where the primary lyric was "Take me in, tender woman", which may be what you are thinking of. Reagan may have had his foibles, but Trump is orders of magnitude worse.
25-03-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm not by any means denying that the influx of refugees presents certain risks, but I don't think the snake is an accurate analogy.

By chance, I know more Muslims than atheists with whom I'd trust with my life. We fought alongside them in an effort to kill different Muslims. All points of this spectrum will be represented within the masses of refugees. Some are metaphorical snakes, most are not.

My own opinion on the matter is that I'd rather be close enough to the snakes to fight them either way. Whether it happens overseas or at home is irrelevant. In the meantime, I've been doing my part to make sure that those who are not snakes do not become snakes by actively volunteering, first with construction teams winterizing potential refugee buildings and currently as an English tutor. I've found most of them to be cool people. Then again, I tend to have more in common with people fucked up by violence than I do with either hippies who have spent their lives in a bubble so protected they don't even realize they're in the bubble or religious fruitcakes who think anyone not Christian is an enemy.

I'm sure there are a few snakes in the mix. I chatted with a number of terrorism conspirators face to face when I worked in corrections. In the unlikely event that I encounter one in public up to no good, I'll choose that moment to temporarily go crusader on them. Until then I don't give a shit what either political extreme thinks.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-03-2016, 08:52 PM
That said, I reckon the biggest problems the refugees create will be to Syria itself. We already watched it happen to Somalia as the educated and connected had the means to get out while the uneducated poor were left behind to tend to the shit hole their country was transformed into.

'Murican Canadian
25-03-2016, 08:54 PM
(25-03-2016 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  People are already talking about the "post Trump" Republican Party, as if he's already lost (which we know he will), as the last gasp of "Reaganism" taken to it's logical conclusion.

Can you please clarify what you mean? I would call Trump a far cry from Raegan. Are you referring to Raeganomics, as it was called? There is a reason why Democrats widely voted for Raegan, and why Trump can't even get the support of the party which which he belongs. Don't get me wrong Raegan had plenty of faults, and is no where near my favorite president.