The Spelling Challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2014, 08:14 PM
The Spelling Challenge
After seeing several threads in which people bitch and whine about negative rep, I figured the forum could use a thread about rep that's of a different, more positive nature for a change.

Here's the deal: If you can find a spelling error in one of my posts (everything from 2014 onwards), you receive +1 positive rep, up to a total of +3.

Ready? Set. Go!

Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
27-12-2014, 08:28 PM
RE: The Spelling Challenge
Butt nuthin frum bafore 20-4teen wil cownt?
Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
27-12-2014, 08:36 PM
(27-12-2014 08:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  After seeing several threads in which people bitch and whine about negative rep, I figured the forum could use a thread about rep that's of a different, more positive nature for a change.

Here's the deal: If you can find a spelling error in one of my posts (everything from 2014 onwards), you receive +1 positive rep, up to a total of +3.

Ready? Set. Go!

Laugh out load

Improper application of the ellipsis in this post resulted in the word "see" being misspelled because you failed to leave a space between "see" and the ellipsis but created a space between the ellipsis and the following word of "improper."

Since you left a space between the ellipsis and "improper," you are grammatically required to also leave space between "see" and the ellipsis otherwise you have misspelled the word "see" as "see..."

Aside from the titanic off-chance of finding that, I got nuthin.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
27-12-2014, 08:58 PM
Granted this is a technicality, and you likely will quote poetic license for effect, but here are three instances where you misspelled words, all right in a row, in 2014. Smartass

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2014, 08:59 PM
(27-12-2014 08:36 PM)Free Wrote:  Improper application of the ellipsis in this post resulted in the word "see" being misspelled because you failed to leave a space between "see" and the ellipsis but created a space between the ellipsis and the following word of "improper."

Since you left a space between the ellipsis and "improper," you are grammatically required to also leave space between "see" and the ellipsis otherwise you have misspelled the word "see" as "see..."

My precious book (Words Into Type) appears to agree with you. Weeping

It's technically not a spelling error, but I'll make an exception for you this one time (I've hit my limit for today so you'll have to wait for your +1 until tomorrow). Tongue

27-12-2014, 09:10 PM
(27-12-2014 08:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-12-2014 08:36 PM)Free Wrote:  Improper application of the ellipsis in this post resulted in the word "see" being misspelled because you failed to leave a space between "see" and the ellipsis but created a space between the ellipsis and the following word of "improper."

My precious book (Words Into Type) appears to agree with you. Weeping

It's technically not a spelling error, but I'll make an exception for you this one time (I've hit my limit for today so you'll have to wait for your +1 until tomorrow). Tongue

Holy flying fuck I'm right about something!

Banana_zorroBanana_zorroBanana_zorro

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 7 users Like Free's post
27-12-2014, 09:21 PM
I can wait for my +3 rep points, no hurry. Smile

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2014, 09:53 AM
I could be wrong but I get the feeling you make it a point to not make spelling errors. If that's the case it seems a bit of an undertaking to search for any. +1 or even +3 rep isn't enough of a reward. At least for me. Put up something that's actually valuable, like money and I will join the search. I can't buy weed and beer with rep.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
28-12-2014, 10:04 AM
(27-12-2014 08:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  After seeing several threads in which people bitch and whine about negative rep, I figured the forum could use a thread about rep that's of a different, more positive nature for a change.

Ready? Set. Go!

Laugh out load
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...%27t+spell

HAhahahahahah

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-12-2014, 02:48 PM
(28-12-2014 09:53 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I could be wrong but I get the feeling you make it a point to not make spelling errors.

[Image: EYuBWme.gif]

[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post