The Spelling Challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: The Spelling Challenge
Incorrect use of capitalisation after a colon in your opening post. Does that count?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2014, 03:02 PM
I know I'm going to regret saying this, but I have no incentive to join in the fun.

Dodgy

28-12-2014, 03:17 PM
(28-12-2014 02:53 PM)gofish! Wrote:  Incorrect use of capitalisation after a colon in your opening post. Does that count?
No, because it's not incorrect. Smartass

[Image: Qgz4Ct7.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Am I not worthy of a response or are you still mulling over giving me some rep?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2014, 03:30 PM
(28-12-2014 03:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Am I not worthy of a response or are you still mulling over giving me some rep?
Oops. Blush

(27-12-2014 08:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Granted this is a technicality, and you likely will quote poetic license for effect, but here are three instances where you misspelled words, all right in a row, in 2014. Smartass
It's more of a meme than anything else, really.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-12-2014, 03:36 PM
This is like a "find a dolphin species that lives in the desert" challange, because dolphins don't live in the desert, and you don't make grammatical or spelling errors. However, you have impressed me with getting people to actually try to find one. I can't give more rep but you won some more respect points.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-12-2014, 03:40 PM
(28-12-2014 02:53 PM)gofish! Wrote:  Incorrect use of capitalisation after a colon in your opening post. Does that count?

See this is why I hate this kinda thing. That sounds a. medical b. painful.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-12-2014, 03:44 PM
(28-12-2014 03:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  

See this is why I hate this kinda thing. That sounds a. medical b. painful.

...but apparently, like other colon-related activities, it is not illegal...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
28-12-2014, 04:07 PM
(28-12-2014 03:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 03:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Am I not worthy of a response or are you still mulling over giving me some rep?
Oops. Blush

(27-12-2014 08:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Granted this is a technicality, and you likely will quote poetic license for effect, but here are three instances where you misspelled words, all right in a row, in 2014. Smartass
It's more of a meme than anything else, really.

Sorry, I'm not biting. (Get it?) You give out a point for an ellipsis too close to a word but I find three legit misspellings and get nothing? Talk about a bait and switch. (Get it?)

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
28-12-2014, 04:38 PM
I've already gotten three rep from you and have corrected you on spelling mistakes.

So now what?

[Image: giphy.gif]