The Spiritual Research Foundation...yes that's what I thought too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2017, 11:19 PM
RE: The Spiritual Research Foundation...yes that's what I thought too
Jesus is the one who says all mankind especially those who believe. Question is will you believe when it all starts happening. Because you cant beat my spirituality everybody else tried to play nice with you and didnt understand the bible me i understand it but you dont want to critically reason how i got to this point you just want to think your smart when we still have alot of investigation to do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2017, 11:28 PM
[Image: tenor.gif]

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 6 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
11-08-2017, 11:29 PM
(11-08-2017 10:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I feel like you guys only dislike the website because it has to do with spirituality.

Not really. While I am indeed not a fan of spirituality in general and certainly don't believe in things like magic, sorcerer, souls, karma or life after death, I have very little problem with people discussing it. What prompt my particular dislike for this website is its fearmongering over the end of days, its supernatural and pathological description of homosexuality, its ''one cause, one easy fix'' approach to important problems like mental illness which is potentially very harmfull and its extremely mercantile and cultish approach to spirituality. In other terms, this website has all the worst elements of New Age spirituality. Its apocalyptic, it sells easy solution that don't work for important issues, it creates problem where there is none and simultaniously reduce some problem significance, it can cost a lot of money and it worships a guru over metaphysical principles. Its true that I don't like spirituality, but not all forms of spirituality are equal and that one is one of the worst. Do you seriously like this website as a whole?

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 3 users Like epronovost's post
12-08-2017, 05:48 AM
I found a section "Methodology of Spiritual research" in this website
[Image: 2_modern-science-vs-spiritual-science.gif]
Huh
and among other things :

Quote:Higher level Saints in India have predicted that World War 3 is imminent and that it will be devastating for life on Earth. About half the world’s population will perish due to war and natural disasters. In order to survive and sustain ourselves through these times and due to a lack of medical aid SSRF is publishing a survival guide for humanity.
FacepalmFacepalm

I better get back to some science vids in Youtube.Angel
[+] 1 user Likes sea_tiger's post
14-08-2017, 11:07 AM
(11-08-2017 10:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I feel like you guys only dislike the website because it has to do with spirituality.

You've shown us that what you feel has little relationship to reality.
[+] 3 users Like kemo boy's post
14-08-2017, 11:44 AM
"The Spiritual Research Foundation"
That's the same as calling W.L. Craig a "Research Professor of Philosophy" Weeping
or Suscipe Dummyknee (Domine) calling theology and philosophy the "Sacred Sciences".
Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-08-2017, 01:44 PM
I don't believe everything on the website but there are some good nuggets of knowledge, knowggets if you will.
14-08-2017, 03:40 PM
(14-08-2017 01:44 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  ... I don't believe everything on the website but there are some good nuggets of knowledge ...

Are any of those good nuggets of knowledge among the things you don't believe?

Because if you're basing what constitutes "good" knowledge from not good knowledge on only YOUR beliefs, that's much too narrow a basis, and it also means you're not trying to learn; you're looking only for confirmation of what you already think you know.

So how are you identifying those good pieces of knowledge?

(14-08-2017 01:44 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  ... what's the problem? ...

From our standpoint (those of us scoffing at the site), the "problem" is thus:

The true usefulness of an information source rests on two criteria: is the information novel (or cast fresh perspective)? If it doesn't do that, it's wasted effort, simply regurgitating what's already been propounded. Second, is the information and the evidence presented to support it credible? If not, again, it's wasted effort, and a waste of time to look any further beyond having determined that it fails on either or both criteria. This website fails on both criteria, neither presenting anything novel nor supporting its regurgitations with anything credible.
[+] 3 users Like Airportkid's post
14-08-2017, 03:44 PM
(11-08-2017 01:47 AM)epronovost Wrote:  Of course this research foundation needs money,

Well then, it MUST be for real.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 2 users Like Dr H's post
14-08-2017, 04:30 PM
(14-08-2017 11:07 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  

You've shown us that what you feel has little relationship to reality.

Lol very funny, now go cheat on your boyfriend