The Spiritual Research Foundation...yes that's what I thought too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: The Spiritual Research Foundation...yes that's what I thought too
The pitiful troll's "biting" sarcasm. Goes perfectly with his single brain cell Drinking Beverage

[Image: TOOTHLESSOLDMAN.gif~c200]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
15-08-2017, 07:35 AM
(14-08-2017 04:30 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 11:07 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  You've shown us that what you feel has little relationship to reality.

Lol very funny, now go cheat on your boyfriend

It wasn't meant to be funny. But feel free to keep making my point...
[+] 4 users Like kemo boy's post
15-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Is Beetlejuice on the Board of Directors? Wink

[Image: beetlejuice.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
15-08-2017, 10:21 AM
(11-08-2017 04:20 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  What's the problem?

The SSRF says: "When we bow our head in this prayer position, it awakens the spiritual emotion of surrender in us. This in turn activates the appropriate subtle frequencies of deities from the Universe. These divine frequencies come in through our finger tips which act as receptors. These divine frequencies are then channelised [sic ] into our body through the thumb to the Aadnyaa chakra (the spiritual energy centre at the mid-brow region). The result is an increase in the positive spiritual energy in us which makes us feel lighter or gives relief from symptoms of physical or mental distress".

They also say: "SSRF advises continuation of conventional medical treatment along with spiritual healing remedies for the treatment of physical and psychiatric illnesses".

—If you can't see any contradictions implicit in that get-out-of-jail card, then you must be intellectually challenged.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
15-08-2017, 10:59 AM

I'm betting you think "Ghostbusters" is a documentary......

Facepalm

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-08-2017, 10:42 PM
(15-08-2017 10:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

I'm betting you think "Ghostbusters" is a documentary......

Facepalm

Ghosts aren't real. Everyone knows that.
16-08-2017, 05:31 AM
(15-08-2017 10:42 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(15-08-2017 10:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I'm betting you think "Ghostbusters" is a documentary......

Facepalm

Ghosts aren't real. Everyone knows that.

Neither are elves, pixies, sprites, satyrs, or gods. Unfortunately, not everyone knows that.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
17-08-2017, 12:06 AM
(12-08-2017 05:48 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  I found a section "Methodology of Spiritual research" in this website
[Image: 2_modern-science-vs-spiritual-science.gif]
Huh
and among other things :

Quote:Higher level Saints in India have predicted that World War 3 is imminent and that it will be devastating for life on Earth. About half the world’s population will perish due to war and natural disasters. In order to survive and sustain ourselves through these times and due to a lack of medical aid SSRF is publishing a survival guide for humanity.
FacepalmFacepalm

I better get back to some science vids in Youtube.Angel

Following the methodology in this chart you could literally just make shit up and call it a definitive absolute answer.... and they don't see a problem with this? Like... that's not a methodology at all!

Step 1
I ask a question
Step 2
Suddenly I have an answer with NO fucking explanation on where that answer came from (outside of me just making it the fuck up and demanding it must be true)

This basically justifies any and all spiritual claims as absolute and factual by default. Even when they contradict one another..... /facepalm

"Dear godthingy, is my poop holy? (Plop) HOLY SHIT THAT FELT GREAT! Guess I have a definitive absolute answer to that question. NOW WORSHIP MY SHIT MORTALS!" (My morning ritual on the shitter.... Kidding)

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
17-08-2017, 12:14 AM
(11-08-2017 10:57 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  I feel like you guys only dislike the website because it has to do with spirituality.

I feel like you should maybe think more, feel less.....

No wait.... that's not right! That's what I think, cause I don't let my feelings (or my dick) make my decisions for me, and I don't think you should either. It's generally a bad idea (and if your a girl don't let your vagina make your decisions same basic principle, use the brain in your head not the imaginary one's in your pants or shirt to make your decisions).

^ Bit of useful life advice for you.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
17-08-2017, 12:15 AM
(14-08-2017 03:40 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 01:44 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  ... I don't believe everything on the website but there are some good nuggets of knowledge ...

Are any of those good nuggets of knowledge among the things you don't believe?

Because if you're basing what constitutes "good" knowledge from not good knowledge on only YOUR beliefs, that's much too narrow a basis, and it also means you're not trying to learn; you're looking only for confirmation of what you already think you know.

So how are you identifying those good pieces of knowledge?

(14-08-2017 01:44 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  ... what's the problem? ...

From our standpoint (those of us scoffing at the site), the "problem" is thus:

The true usefulness of an information source rests on two criteria: is the information novel (or cast fresh perspective)? If it doesn't do that, it's wasted effort, simply regurgitating what's already been propounded. Second, is the information and the evidence presented to support it credible? If not, again, it's wasted effort, and a waste of time to look any further beyond having determined that it fails on either or both criteria. This website fails on both criteria, neither presenting anything novel nor supporting its regurgitations with anything credible.

I'm pretty sure if he's basing the shit on that site which he accepts, vs thinks is false on how he "feels" about it already.... then that falls under the realm of confirmation bias and show's how disingenuous he is. I like this therefor it's true! I dont' like this therefor it's FALSE!

Dr: Bad news, you have cancer

Patient: Pft I don't like that so clearly I don't have can cancer

(3 months later patient still dies of cancer, amazing how that worked out for them)

Or anyone remember the dumb fuck in this video who almost starved to death on TV?

OH by the way, the above video is why people think websites like that are dangerous (and utterly asinine)

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post