The Spiritual Research Foundation...yes that's what I thought too

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: The Spiritual Research Foundation...yes that's what I thought too
(20-08-2017 08:14 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 06:28 PM)SYZ Wrote:  A leading statement like this definitely requires a citation. You need facts and figures to support this sort of stuff; personal opinion or guesses won't suffice. So.....?
Atheism isn't a movement

That's where you're wrong. Atheism is most definitely a movement. There are more atheists in the first world now than ever before, largely on part of liberal indoctrination being prevalent in first world countries.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2017, 09:59 PM
(20-08-2017 09:32 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 08:14 PM)mordant Wrote:  Atheism isn't a movement

That's where you're wrong. Atheism is most definitely a movement. There are more atheists in the first world now than ever before, largely on part of liberal indoctrination being prevalent in first world countries.

Or.... because reality is pretty clear. No god or gods needed for the world to work, no evidence. That's not indoctrination it's just, obvious to anyone willing to be honest with themselves and bother to do the damn research. But you know, some people think the earth is flat, or that electricity and magnets keep your feet on the ground.... So there's no end to stupid people out there, it's not just religious folks.

You know who does indoctrinate people ya? Religious folks, without their indoctrination and lies no religion would exist today at all.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
20-08-2017, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2017 10:12 PM by JesseB.)
(20-08-2017 05:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(19-08-2017 11:57 PM)JesseB Wrote:  Though good advice it may be, I was encouraging someone who refuses to think, to try it. I can't be surprised at their rather pathetic response.

Perhaps I should have tried appealing to their emotions instead, I'm pretty dead set against doing so. If they can't understand based on rational thought/applied logic then they don't deserve to understand.

I've found this problem in many places, people leave their religion based on emotions rather than thought, then fall into dangerous pseudo religions, or start chugging pseudo science like it's a cheep beer at a kegger. I would rather someone remain religious, than leave for stupid reasons. Personally. They got into it for stupid reasons If they can't get out of it for intelligent one's they are prolly safer staying where they are. We're all prolly safer that way. As bad as Christianity is there are worse ideologies out there.

Give me a break with that rational thought/applied logic crap, what makes you think you're so smart that your logic holds all the answers? People are capable of thinking with their emotions, and perhaps you've failed to realize that conclusions drawn from emotional thinking could be just as valid as conclusions drawn from rational thinking. Humans aren't totally rational beings to begin with, so dismissing all other forms of thinking other than "rational thought/applied logic" is shallow and philistine. The fool says in his heart, "There is no God". And how is Christianity bad? I see and hear about Christians doing charity work all the time, while I really don't think atheists are putting the same kind of effort into something like that. Not that everyone has to do charity work, I don't do it, it's not for everyone, it takes a certain level of compassion that I don't have, but I think Christians have an overall much higher level of compassion and are better people than most atheists.

I don't own logic, it's a set of rules and principles that are clearly defined, testable and fairly easy to understand if you fucking bother to try.

This is why arguments are sometimes defined as "logically sound."

I don't claim to be "so smart" I don't even claim that you're stupid. But if you're making decisions based on feelings (which you have indicated is the case with your own words), then yea..... odds are you're just wrong. Feelings should inform your decisions not control them.

Edit^
Wait what?
This is what happens when you don't think things through, you get the wrong answer.

Non religious children are more compassionate than religious children too, want me to pull up the study on that one as well? I can.

Also... this is a fun read too.

You are demonstrably wrong. Should have thought about it a bit more.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post
21-08-2017, 11:57 AM
(20-08-2017 09:32 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(20-08-2017 08:14 PM)mordant Wrote:  Atheism isn't a movement

So, it is because you say it is?
21-08-2017, 11:58 AM
(20-08-2017 05:53 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Give me a break with that rational thought/applied logic crap,

Hell, I thought you've taken a permanent break from that "crap".
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post