The Sports Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 02:15 PM
The Sports Forum
It has become apparent to me that there aren't really many sports fans on TTA. Is this the case or are y'all just hiding? Let's get this section going. There have to be some sports fans here. Have a thought? Post it up. Football, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf, rugby, soccer, ice skating, bowling, etc. All sports welcomed.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2011, 11:51 PM
RE: The Sports Forum
Darts? Tongue

Nope, not really a fan. Last I looked, Pats beat the Colts; that was a week ago. Just not around people who are into it; maybe after February you'll get a "Boston" fan outta this fool, but now it's just me and my Gwynnies. I'm sure you already hear enough outta me about that subject. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2011, 02:55 PM
(05-12-2011 02:15 PM)germanyt Wrote:  It has become apparent to me that there aren't really many sports fans on TTA. Is this the case or are y'all just hiding? Let's get this section going. There have to be some sports fans here. Have a thought? Post it up. Football, basketball, baseball, hockey, golf, rugby, soccer, ice skating, bowling, etc. All sports welcomed.

All sports welcome? OK!
I am a motorsports fan. That is a minority anywhere usually. Any race fans here?
Once the racing bug bites you, it is all consuming and never really leaves you.
That includes all forms from NASCAR/F1/Indy all the way down the ranks to the WKA (World Karting Association). Sometimes a boat with a motor gets a nod and even those crazy 2 wheeled cats will catch my eye, but four wheels is by far the most fun for me. (pure opinion of course)
Many of us Race Fans feel alienated just like an Atheist because we think differently.
For example, to me a SuperBowl is something that Granny uses to feed Jethro. Colts? We're not that specific. We just call it Horsepower. "A hole in one", particularly combined with a "double dribble" is generally BAD news in automobile racing. 'Pucks" are slang for brake pads and the goal is to keep them as long as possible and not give them away.
Every now and then a Puck Hits the Fan (usually into someones radiator) and then all bets are off.
It takes a good team to pick up the spare so maybe there ARE some similarities across the sports board. Smile
22-12-2011, 03:20 PM
I was a NASCAR fan until Earnhardt died. I lost interest after it because Earnhardt Jr. sucks.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
22-12-2011, 03:41 PM
(22-12-2011 03:20 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I was a NASCAR fan until Earnhardt died. I lost interest after it because Earnhardt Jr. sucks.

I can feel your pain.
He was THE man and it was a tough loss for the sport.
These past couple of seasons have been pretty good though.
Tony Stewarts run to the Championship during The Chase was very Earnhardt like.
You would have enjoyed it.
Maybe we'll see ya around next season.
23-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I really really enjoy watching the half-man/half-giraffe Usain Bolt. And this is just what he can do naturally, I want to see what he can do juiced. Big Grin

While most sprinters are decelerating at the end of 100m, Bolt only lost 0.03 seconds off a 2x100m world record effort in this 200m world record.

And Hitler's response was, as you might expect, fucking hilarious.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Poor Hitler sure does have a lot of bad shit going down around him all the time.
I wouldn't have thought that many people enjoyed "Cool Runnings." lulz

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
11-01-2012, 03:50 AM
Now a days people are more interested in learning new sports. Free running is one such concept which is gaining popularity these days.

Learn parkour Learn free running
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Did you miss the bitching about "Tebowing" thread ? I would love to pull for the guy but man the praying thing is killing me.

I can't wait for New England to destroy them

I wasn't . . . until I was
I am . . . until I'm not
11-01-2012, 04:39 PM
(11-01-2012 03:50 AM)stuartcraig Wrote:  Now a days people are more interested in learning new sports. Free running is one such concept which is gaining popularity these days.

I know I could just go to the googles to find out what this is, but I'd rather hear it from you, SC...what the heck is Free running? Don't tell me it's being able to run naked...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My