• 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2014, 11:10 PM
The Star Wars prequels
Am I the only one who liked them?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: The Star Wars prequels
I didn't hate them, but didn't like them as much as the originals. Mostly because Anakin was a whiny little bitch the entire time. It was exhausting. It made no sense that people cared about him, made the plots just seem silly. Meh
Find all posts by this user
18-01-2014, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 11:45 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
I dont know if you ever actually got to SEE Jarjar Binks... But he they somehow managed to make him look and move even worse than he sounds. I also didn't like the Aniken actors... Either of them. The kid acted like he was looking for a slap, and I just dont like how Hayden Christensen talks. He just doesn't really sound sincere or something.

Other than that, good movies.
18-01-2014, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 11:49 PM by sporehux.)
I haven't watched them again, in case they were as bad as I thought they were.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-01-2014, 11:40 PM
(18-01-2014 11:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I dont know if you ever actually got to SEE Jarjar Binks... But he they somehow managed to make him look and move even worse than he sounds. I also didn't like the Aniken actors... Either of them. The kid acted like he was looking for a slap, and I just dont like how Hayden Christensen talks. He just doesn't really sound sincere or something.

Of course I hate Jarjar EVERYONE hates Jarjar Binks
18-01-2014, 11:45 PM
I LOVE Natalie Portman. "Aniken, you're breaking my heart!"
Sadcryface
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
19-01-2014, 12:07 AM
(18-01-2014 11:40 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 11:24 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I dont know if you ever actually got to SEE Jarjar Binks... But he they somehow managed to make him look and move even worse than he sounds. I also didn't like the Aniken actors... Either of them. The kid acted like he was looking for a slap, and I just dont like how Hayden Christensen talks. He just doesn't really sound sincere or something.

Of course I hate Jarjar EVERYONE hates Jarjar Binks

Not everyone hates Jarjar.
The majority of my Star Wars-inclined family are great defenders of Binks.
Hell, I used to love Jarjar. Then again, I watched Star Wars and was introduced to Jarjar when I was knee-high to a Chlamydosaurus kingii. Ah back in the days before the world beat me over the head with the reality and cynicism sticks.

Now that I am older and much, much wiser, I now repent my Binks Fandom; I don't explicitly hate the character, I just don't like it; he gets in the way of what could have been far more serious and meaningful scenes and just seems like a really bad excuse for a pseudo-MacGuffin and deus ex machina allowing the Big Badass Battle Sequence/The War Sequence trope to exist and justify it's victory in an unnecessary way which probably could have been solved in a way other than a series of fortunate accidents preformed by a bumbling clod in the Episode I.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-01-2014, 12:17 AM
Jarjar is that ridiculous entity that only creates a JARRING disconnect from an otherwise decent movie.

When a dwarf starts knocking over orcs while rolling and bouncing down a riverbank in a barrel... Thats Jarjar.
19-01-2014, 12:24 AM
I liked parts of the prequels, especially Darth Maul and how Lucas tied everything together in Episode III. But overall, Parts IV-VI were better. Lucas has a real problem with believable meaningful dialogue, and that makes the work suffer. I like to watch the final three parts and then find the story inconsistencies with the prequels.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
19-01-2014, 03:48 AM
Episode 3 is ok.

Episode 1 is a waste of time.

Episode 2 I still cant really say how bad it is.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]