The Star Wars prequels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2014, 04:22 AM
RE: The Star Wars prequels
Don't think of the prequels as three separate films, think of 2 3/4 films setting the scene so that Anakin walks into the Jedi temple with the storm troopers and the prequel starting from there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Re: The Star Wars prequels
I'm the only person I've talked with this about that likes Episode 1 over the others.

I know JarJar is awful and the podracing goes on too long.

But everything with Qui Gon and Darth Maul was the highest point of that entire trilogy to me.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
19-01-2014, 05:12 PM
I have to agree that the Qui gon/obi wan/Darth maul duel of the fates was my favorite of the prequels. Although it was slower than the ep2 and ep3 duels, it seemed more... Real, somehow. I guess in contrast to a little green alien bouncing off walls its almost believable.
19-01-2014, 05:23 PM

Well I'm guessing a fair few of you haven't seen this. Have at it.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE?!?" Hobo Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
19-01-2014, 05:51 PM
I'm a star wars geek, so I can watch the prequels (I can also watch Sharknado, be entertained, & not expect to see it win any awards Dodgy ). But if you can't tell the prequels are missing something (like an editor with the balls to tell George Lucas when an idea is bad instead of the "greatest idea ever Star Wars god Bowing "), you have no business criticizing anything.
I think the easiest thing to notice is the chemistry between the actors; how "real" they come across. The scenes between Leia & Han were believable. Most between Anakin & Amidalla were awful. Whether it's the actors fault, or the writer, director, whatever.... they stunk and they weren't the only scenes to do so.

Bottom line:
Original = Han shot first in the cantina. Had to! Harsh Galaxy out there.
Redone = Han dident shoot first! He shot in sewfdefense. Han Solo iz a goowudguy, wight daddie Sadcryface

All I'm sayin is somewhere along the way Lucas' ability to make a movie that will be remembered into the next century had lessened by the time he shat out those merchandise commercials Undecided
Maul/Obi/Kwi Gon battle was cool, & Duel of the Fates kicks ass Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
19-01-2014, 06:09 PM
(19-01-2014 05:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm a star wars geek, so I can watch the prequels (I can also watch Sharknado, be entertained, & not expect to see it win any awards Dodgy ).

I'm a Star Wars geek too, and felt a disturbance when those three movies came out.

Quote:Most between Anakin & Amidalla were awful.

That issue was tackled, dismembered and sent via mail to the corners of the earth in his separate reviews. He does them perfectly. Big Grin

Quote:Whether it's the actors fault, or the writer, director, whatever.... they stunk and they weren't the only scenes to do so.

Bottom line:
Redone = Han dident shoot first! He shot in sewfdefense. Han Solo iz a goowudguy, wight daddie Sadcryface

All I'm sayin is somewhere along the way Lucas' ability to make a movie that will be remembered into the next century had lessened by the time he shat out those merchandise commercials Undecided

The only little green thing he was interested in was money.

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
19-01-2014, 06:16 PM
(19-01-2014 06:09 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 05:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I'm a star wars geek, so I can watch the prequels (I can also watch Sharknado, be entertained, & not expect to see it win any awards Dodgy ).

I'm a Star Wars geek too, and felt a disturbance when those three movies came out.

Quote:Most between Anakin & Amidalla were awful.

That issue was tackled, dismembered and sent via mail to the corners of the earth in his separate reviews. He does them perfectly. Big Grin

Quote:Whether it's the actors fault, or the writer, director, whatever.... they stunk and they weren't the only scenes to do so.

Bottom line:

The only little green thing he was interested in was money.

Agreed.
I know I said it already, but I laugh every time I see your Avatar Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
19-01-2014, 06:34 PM
I know this is about the prequels, but JJ Abrams said the script is complete for Episode VII and they are in deep prep. I hope they do indeed let Luke, Leia and Han be the leads in this episode and pass the torch for VIII and IX.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2014, 06:38 PM
(19-01-2014 06:34 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I know this is about the prequels, but JJ Abrams said the script is complete for Episode VII and they are in deep prep. I hope they do indeed let Luke, Leia and Han be the leads in this episode and pass the torch for VIII and IX.

Oh yeah, I forgot - lens flare guy is doing the movies. This ought to be good.

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
19-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I really want Queen Amidala's clothes they r AWESOME!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user