The Starchild Skull

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
06-04-2013, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 11:57 PM by Adenosis.)
The Starchild Skull

The Starchild skull is an abnormal human skull allegedly found in Mexico that is claimed to be the product of extraterrestrial-human breeding or genetic manipulation. Tests conducted utilizing mtDNA recovered from the skull have established it as human. Experts believe it to be the skull of a child who died as a result of known genetic or congenital abnormalities, such as congenital hydrocephalus.

The guy giving the lecture in no way appears to be a scientist and even appears hostile against science or at least against the scientific communities approach to the claims he making. He puts up straw man defences of science which are obviously nonsense in an attempt to discredit science.

Someone I know believes in this, I was surprised. Thoughts?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: The Starchild Skull
I feel sorry for the mom that had to pump this little bugger out her Hoo Ha.
[Image: 300px-Hydrocephalus-baby.jpg]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-04-2013, 12:28 AM
He claims there are fibres in the skull which have a high density (something I can not find information on anywhere else). He claims he spoke with a geneticist (who remains unnamed). The geneticist said there was some base pair sequences about 300 long (maybe even just one) that were unknown. Therefore he says it must not have been human, and he proceeds to jump to extraterrestrial artificial insemination. He proceeds to make the conclusion he has come to more likely.

p1: High density fibres in skull
p2: Unknown base pair sequences
p3: odd bloated shape to head, thin skull.
C: It must be of alien origin and it must have been artificially inseminated into a human women.

Erm...

How about..

each chromosome in humans has tens to hundreds of millions of base pairs, how in the fuck does 300 unknown make it NOT human? If he spoke with a geneticist he was an idiot.

It was a native boy that had Hydrocephalus, excessive cerebrospinal fluid exerting a force on the skull causing it to bulge. It HAS actually been tested, and results yield a human genome. X and Y chromosomes, one from a male HUMAN and one from a female HUMAN. This is in the wiki page, I just didn't finish the video and reading the page before I posted. Jeez...

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

07-04-2013, 04:24 PM
There's a few possibilities. Hydrochephaly, Progeria, Crouzon Syndrome and Brachycephaly. It is not surprising that the Mitochondrial DNA was recovered and easy to analyze. It usually contains many duplicate copies of genes. The Nuclear DNA specimens tend to degrade faster and usually have a worse track record for comprehensive analysis. The results published for the "Starchild Skull" specimen are not very different from other specimens of similar age.

Humans tend to see what they want to see. If you, personally, believe that the "Starchild Skull" is proof of life beyond Earth, then this is your right. However, the actual evidence can be explained in a more simple solution. The skull is odd but can be explained with known reasons. Aliens not required.

“My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.” - Marcus Luttrell
[+] 4 users Like Misenhelter's post
08-04-2013, 08:04 PM
(07-04-2013 04:24 PM)Misenhelter Wrote:  There's a few possibilities. Hydrochephaly, Progeria, Crouzon Syndrome and Brachycephaly. It is not surprising that the Mitochondrial DNA was recovered and easy to analyze. It usually contains many duplicate copies of genes. The Nuclear DNA specimens tend to degrade faster and usually have a worse track record for comprehensive analysis. The results published for the "Starchild Skull" specimen are not very different from other specimens of similar age.

Humans tend to see what they want to see. If you, personally, believe that the "Starchild Skull" is proof of life beyond Earth, then this is your right. However, the actual evidence can be explained in a more simple solution. The skull is odd but can be explained with known reasons. Aliens not required.

I love it when some random guy on an internet forum just complete owns a news article.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
08-04-2013, 09:38 PM
(06-04-2013 11:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I feel sorry for the mom that had to pump this little bugger out her Hoo Ha.

Maybe in the alien race...it's the guy who pushes it through his staw-like appendage...

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-04-2013, 10:47 PM
(08-04-2013 09:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 11:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I feel sorry for the mom that had to pump this little bugger out her Hoo Ha.

Maybe in the alien race...it's the guy who pushes it through his staw-like appendage...

I imagine it would look and sound something like this:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
13-04-2013, 05:45 AM
(08-04-2013 09:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure I could handle that.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
17-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Yepp, Brachycephaly is very similar...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)