The State of the Union speech tonight ...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 09:20 PM
RE: The State of the Union speech tonight ...
(29-01-2014 09:17 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 09:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  In theory, I agree one hundred percent. I don't know enough about anything to know whether or not it's a good idea to jump headlong into these actions at this point, but I would get behind us getting to a position that reflects your ideas.

You clearly have a superior intellect and should have an elevated status in our society.

In theory, I agree one hundred percent. I don't know enough about anything to know whether or not it's a good idea to jump headlong into these actions at this point, but I would get behind us getting to a position that reflects your ideas.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 10:24 PM
These things are a lot like watching a reality show where one guy stands there droning on with idiotic talking points and propaganda for what seems like eternity, while people simultaneously clap and fall asleep.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
[+] 1 user Likes toadaly's post
29-01-2014, 10:28 PM
(28-01-2014 07:52 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Well she's not religious... or an idiot...

She must be super rich.

...or simply not 'poor'. Anyone who's a professional and a Democrat, should use some portion of the 50-60% of their income they are allowed to keep, to have their head examined.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
30-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Didn't see the speech but my read of Obama's passive aggressive attitude behind the transcript goes something like this.

"I'm a twice-elected President of the goddam motherfucking United States of America bitches. I'm done running for office. A lot of you fuckers are up for re-election. I can spend the next 9 months using executive actions and the bully pulpit to expose what pricks you are or we can work together on some real issues that need to be addressed and might actually help your sorry asses in the next election. Your call. Don't make no nevermind to this nigger."

Good for him. Think the old-guard Republicans are starting to coming around to that.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
12-02-2014, 04:54 PM
(28-01-2014 09:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, the Republican response was dreadful. Banal generalities, blaming this administration for the economic problems, empty criticism of ACA, and grotesque religiosity. [Image: puke.gif]
Before we blamed Bush for economic problems. Now it is Obama's turn.
Empty criticism of Obamacare?
My criticism is not empty. Why did Obama order another delay? And who gave him this authority? Who let president to order not to obey the law of the land? Is this USA or USSR?
This is what you get (a disaster) when you vote for HOPE and change.
His speech was BORING and empty.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
12-02-2014, 05:06 PM
(29-01-2014 08:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-01-2014 10:47 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I didn't watch.

2 reasons...

1. Local, parochial politics doesn't interest me.
2. I have no TV.

Who gave the speech?

Smile

Some Muslim from Kenya, I think. Consider

Or someone who thinks that he can order not to follow the law of the land. His Majesty King Obama.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection