The Story

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-03-2010, 09:15 PM

The Story
The jesus story is just that...a story. Christainity was the contrivance of the Roman Empire as a tool to control people. It served as a weapon against judaism and as a belief system is no more than the usurpation and perversion of the jewish identity. There is no documentation to substantiate the historicity of the new testament or its authors. There is no proof that jesus, joseph, mary or the 12 apostles even ever existed. And certainly there is no evidence to support any of the supernatural claims. Christianity has NOTHING to do with god. It is ALL about power and control. And most importantly christianity's worst enemy is critical thinking. That is why having 'faith' equals the suspension of critical thinking. Please understand that I believe there has been an 'evolution' away from the story in many christian denominations (including the acceptance of the story as myth) however refuted who the true christian is it is my assertion the fundamentalist is the true christian as this is how and why the story was created...for power and control. Let's look at the psychological hooks. There is a direct correlation between the ability to critically think and the capacity to conceptualize eternity. The five fundamentals of christianity are 1. jesus was born of a virgin 2 one of a trinity 3 phyically (bodily) resurrected 4 his inevitable return 5 the inerrancy of the new testament. All hooks for adherance to a social order designed by the aristocracy of the roman empire for ultimate power and control exacted by constantine. If any one is interested in additional resources and documentation that support my assertions just let me know.
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
RE: The Story
Can I get a HALLELUJAH?

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2010, 06:44 AM

Jonandrew,

I would be interested in seeing the resources you mentioned. I too do not believe Jesus or any of his disciples existed (Unbeliever, I may have alluded that he MAY have existed in another post arguing with martinb59, but I should stress it was an IF he existed)...

I look forward to your response.

Supermanlives1973
05-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Amen brother.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Google 'The True Authorship of the New Testament'
Read:
Holy Terror by Flo Conway and Jim Siegelman
The Family by Jeff Sharlet
American Fascists - The Christian Right and the War on America by Chris Hedges
god is not Great by Christopher Hitchens
The End of Faith by Sam Harris
Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris
The Great Turning by David Korten`
Watch DVDs:
The God Who Wasn't There
Constantine's Sword
Why We Fight
I came to this theory during 30 years studying the History of Western Civilization. Way too many scholars (both christian and secular) tend to be extremely vague about history in Rome the 300 years around the common era. It comes easily for many with whom I have shared this to understand it by using this theory as a lens a perspective when studying western civilization
12-03-2010, 12:28 AM

Here is the difference between me, and for the most part, everyone else on this site. I have intellectual honesty. I agree with jonandrew, for the most part. I agree "Christianity has NOTHING to do with god" I agree with many of the other things he said also. What he is describing is, and I hate to use the word, "Christianity" has become. Christianity, for lack of a better word, has nothing to do with what the Bible teaches. The problem is, people on this site look at what man has done with "Christianity" and some how attribute that to God and the Bible. Like I said earlier, you don't sue the gun manufacturer when someone gets killed by a gun. You don't blame the creator for what has happened to his creation.
12-03-2010, 06:03 AM

(12-03-2010 12:28 AM)martinb59 Wrote:  Here is the difference between me, and for the most part, everyone else on this site. I have intellectual honesty. I agree with jonandrew, for the most part. I agree "Christianity has NOTHING to do with god" I agree with many of the other things he said also. What he is describing is, and I hate to use the word, "Christianity" has become. Christianity, for lack of a better word, has nothing to do with what the Bible teaches. The problem is, people on this site look at what man has done with "Christianity" and some how attribute that to God and the Bible. Like I said earlier, you don't sue the gun manufacturer when someone gets killed by a gun. You don't blame the creator for what has happened to his creation.

"Christianity, for lack of a better word, has nothing to do with what the Bible teaches." - someone should tell the 2.1 billion people worldwide who identify themselves as Christian, then! And, how can you have Christianity without the 'god' element? If Jesus was god as man, then god still plays a big part in Christianity.

If god were removed from the NT, either Jesus wouldn't exist or would be just another philosopher like Socrates, Aristotle, etc. (maybe people would take him more seriously, then).

If god were removed from the OT, then the OT wouldn't be required. All the killings, maimings, and other horrible acts in the OT would just be attested to man of that era and his ways of dealing with every day life (not that it's right, but it was what it was).

I look at what man has done with Christianity, because it was man who created it in the first place! It is all the popes, and bishops, and cardinals, and priests...heck, even the common everyday man taken in by the fable that has used the 'teachings' of the bible and Christianity for their own personal good, for justification of their attrocities. You need only look at history.
(11-03-2010 10:50 PM)Jonandrew Wrote:  Google 'The True Authorship of the New Testament'
Read:
Holy Terror by Flo Conway and Jim Siegelman
The Family by Jeff Sharlet
American Fascists - The Christian Right and the War on America by Chris Hedges
god is not Great by Christopher Hitchens
The End of Faith by Sam Harris
Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris
The Great Turning by David Korten`
Watch DVDs:
The God Who Wasn't There
Constantine's Sword
Why We Fight
I came to this theory during 30 years studying the History of Western Civilization. Way too many scholars (both christian and secular) tend to be extremely vague about history in Rome the 300 years around the common era. It comes easily for many with whom I have shared this to understand it by using this theory as a lens a perspective when studying western civilization

Thank you, Jonandrew. I will use these great referrals to read up more on this topic. I have already seen "The God Who Wasn't There"...very good video. Smile