The Stupid. It Burns!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2011, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 09:08 AM by oliethefolie.)
Thumbs Down The Stupid. It Burns!
I just ended a FaceBook comment war which I didn't start.
If you don't want to read it just skip to the end where it is summed up.

Some one posted this on my wall. The quote is from my YouTube Page (sue me).

Quote:Kishan કીશન Paun
‎"Hey Theists, open your fucking minds. Religion is a force for evil in the world."

Actually, after doing research, the cause for most of the wars in this world are due to the occupation of land, colour of skin, or the americans. So which one of those do you wanna blame for the cause of "evil in the world"?

Here is the conversation that ensued. Sorry for the grammar.

Quote:Anas El Medani You just got parred
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Okay, what about the Palestinian conflict, the maltreatment of women, etc. in Islamic countries?
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price What about religious fanatics trying to destroy science eduaction?
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Do your research
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Oli you really need to learn when to shut up
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price The HORROR of someone arguing back!
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun i didnt say all wars did i?
lets look at the two biggest wars in the world..
the cause for those were definitely not because of religion.
and the mistreatment of women is not because of religion, it generally happens everywhere. Yes more in other countries than in others but there is no where in the Qu'ran where it says that "women are second class citizens".
8 hours ago · Like · 3 people

Anas El Medani In fact in the quran the prophet mohammed pbuh says you must treat your mother with 3 times the respect of your father and heaven lies benath the mother's footsteps not the fathers. SNM
8 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Oliver Price ‎(1)Neither did I. I said it was *a* force for evil. Not THE ONLY source of evil.

(2)"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For Allah is Most High, great (above you all)," (4:34).
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I call bullshit
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price The Bible says similar stuff but less Christians follow it because more Christians are in the civilised world (America) so they make excuses whereas countries like Saudi Arabia are autocratic theocracies run under the barbarism of Shariah Law.
8 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat The only thing you know about islamic countries is through biased reports or ignorance. What you really should know, you would not understand...
8 hours ago · Like · 2 people

Anas El Medani similar to the barbarism that raised you
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎*cough* ad hominem
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun it is not a force for evil.. no one person is good and it depends which side you feed, the evil side or the good side. People use religion as an excuse to feed their "evil side" which does not make religion evil now does it?
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Women are not allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia, Amaar.
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun And that quote has obviously been publshed by an athiest wanker who hasn't read the Qu'ran properly.
Oliver Price Please learn about ad hominem attacks.
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Oli do you argue about religions being evil because you have always been made fun off and ridiculed ? Is it merely a way for you to feel better about yourself because if it is i feel sorry for your pitiful existence and i feel sorry for how crap your life must be
Oliver Price ‎"it is not a force for evil.. no one person is good and it depends which side you feed, the evil side or the good side. People use religion as an excuse to feed their "evil side" which does not make religion evil now does it?"

If people lose the excuse of religion to do bad things (which are justified by holy books) then they might do them less and people will stop catering to religious nutjobs.
8 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat The fact that they are not alloud to drive is not an islamic teaching. This law was made by the corrupt government in saudi
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎@Anas, No. You are committing ANOTHER ad hominem attack upon me. I fight against religion because I dislike what it does to society.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎@Amaar. Based of the doctrine of Shariah which subjugates women.
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Or because you dislike the way society treats you and its a way to combat that
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Oliver like i've told you on many occasions women are not subjugated but obviously your too naive to understand that.
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Like i previously stated "Heaven lies beneath the mothers feet"
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I'm treated fine. This is on the behalf of others who cannot fend for themselves. Sorry to keep bringing up Saudi Arabia, but no other religion apart from Islam is recognised.
8 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat you know nothing about shariah. In islam women are treated with more respect.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎*cough*Burqa*cough*
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Oliver you really aren't so don't pretend you are
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun Also, to the quote "Science works. It allows for people to change their views and not dogmatically stick to one." science doesnt work. snm.
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun the burka is simply a sign of respect for allah, same as the fact that jews wear the kappa hat thing.
Oliver Price Yeah, planes can't really fly. Dumbarse.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Apart from the fact that it is a sign of oppression.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I did call you dumbarse, the same science that makes planes fly also tells you that evolution is true, etc.
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Firstly a burqa is not required in islam a hijab is and people who choose to wear a burqa choose to do so as opposed to a hijab. Its voluntarily not enforced upon by islam
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun evolution still hasn't been proved. And scientists make us believe that something came from nothing? Which scientists themselves have proved is impossible.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Okay, I can't talk with you, you are too stupid.
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Believe me we would much rather you didn't speak to us
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I didn't initiate the conversation.
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun i did, and dont call me stupid, you believe all this science nonsense.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I don't mean to offend you, but if you actually saw the evidence for evolution you would know it's true. The fossil record, similarities in animals, etc.
No they don't, we don't know how the universe started.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price You do realise how stupid you sound saying that?

Kishan કીશન Paun evolution has not been proved LOL, its still a theory. and whats to say that in the future, they won't prove that there is a God? people didnt know there was such a thing as an atom till the 1900's
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani LOL ollie i wish i was as smart as you and i wish everyone liked me as much as you. My life sucks Sad
Oliver Price Yes it has and learn the scientific definition of theory before you say that. It means something that supports available evidence.
Maybe they will prove there is a god, but until then I won't believe because there is no reason to.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price How is that relevant Anas?
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Its the truth thats why its relevant Please teach me to be you
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price As if using sarcasm will derail my argument.
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎Kishan કીશન Paun, you do realise it's science that is allowing you to type right now?
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun i didnt say science wasnt good did i?
8 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun i just said, that religion isnt evil.
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani ‎Oliver Price you do realise that it is god allowing you to be alive right now?
Oliver Price ‎*cough*evidence please*cough*
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎"Kishan કીશન Paun i did, and dont call me stupid, you believe all this science nonsense."
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price You said science was stupid.
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Kishan allow this reject
8 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price By all means, fuck off. Or you can remain and get demolished further.
8 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani Demolished ahahaa you funny guy
7 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun i dont get you you get "stupid" from that? Confused
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat oli someday you will learn
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎"you believe all this science nonsense."
Nonsense/stupid, whatever. You said science was nonsense.
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Not an argument Amaar.
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat wasnt supposed to be.
7 hours ago · Like

Anas El Medani if you didn't realise that olli then you my friend are the "stupid" one
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat ohh yh and hows ur leg from yesterday. looll at wasimss kick
7 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Oliver Price Yeah, cos that's a good thing to do.
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price And it's fine thx.
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat just saying u brought it on urself.....ur racist videos. and i dnt give a crap about ur leg
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Racist?
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price That's a strong accusation.
7 hours ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun true tho Smile
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Calling someone stupid and incorrect != racist.
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat add i swear ur jewish...
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Also, religion is not a race.
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price By birth I am racially Jewish or a Semite to use a better word. Religiously you do not have to have the same one as your parents. I don't believe something because they do. I can *gasps* THINK FOR MYSELF.
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I think Judaism as a religion is as stupid as your religion, though.
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat so you think im only muslim because my parents are? I could easily convert or not believe but no, i chose to believe in god and islam. Because I can also think for myself.
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Yes, you were indoctrinated from a young age, taken to Quran study group or something and not taught by your parents about any other religion apart from the fact they weren't true. If you were born to Christian parents you would *probably* ...
See more
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat ok then explain to me why I also believe in the bible as well as the torah. secondly have u ever thought about all the converts? all thoses millions who have converted to islam or other religions regardless of what there parents say or thin...
See more
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price They were all based upon the same basic idea?
Judaism->Christianity->Islam

So what? Loads of people are becoming atheists, I wouldn't use that to prove atheism is the correct state to be in. That's not an argument, why don't you tell me why l...
See more
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Also, there are lots of stupid people on this planet.
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat many people have different reasons on why they convert. islam is not just a religion its a way of life. and the fact that many millions of poeple are converting to it should be recognised. what is it that islam has that it is attraccting so...
See more
7 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Yes, these people won't technically be Muslim, but they call themselves that because they are scared or something. These people then write down that they are Muslims on the polls you are referring to by saying Islam is the fastest growing r...
See more
7 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat ok then prove to me that there are soo many people who want to convert out of islam. prove that loaads people are lying on these religion polls. also dont question me on morals about using violence, i did not attack you physically. you are ...
See more
7 hours ago · Like

Alex Napier if you don't believe in god then there's nothing wrong with that, and I am an atheist so I kinda agree with some of the things olly is saying.... But by creating videos and devoting you life to showing that God isn't real and what not, just...
See more
6 hours ago · Like · 4 people
Oliver Price ‎@Amaar, I just gave you proof. If people can't go out of Islam then naturally there will be some who want to who can't.
You didn't but you endorsed someone who *sort-of* did. When you are willing to use (or endorce) violence to silence thos...
See more
6 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat again oli you are missing the point. if you stop attacking people for their believes theyll stopp attacking you.
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Ever heard of free speech? I'm fine with this discussion. What I am not fine with is people like you and people like you attempting to silence others with threats.
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Nothing gives you the right.
6 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat tell me how i threatend you?
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price You didn't you endorsed violence.
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Which is worse to some extent.
6 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat ok then how did i endorse it?
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎"ohh yh and hows ur leg from yesterday. looll at wasimss kick"
"just saying u brought it on urself.....ur racist videos. and i dnt give a crap about ur leg"
6 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat yes i may have laughed at the kick? wouldnt you? it is such an insignificant action that hardyly hurt. plus for your information whether u chose to believe this or not me laughing at it does not mean i agree with it or endorse it. soo just shhh now
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price No that looks like an endorsement. The fact that even he was willing to try and shut me up with *even a small act of* violence shows at least his mentality.
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Also, saying that I brought it upon myself shows yours.
6 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat And attacking what u dnt believe in shows yours
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Attacking? You mean exposing flaws in reasoning? Trying to dissuade people from wasting their life?
Free speech for the win.
6 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat Wow u bring a whole new meaning to the word ignorance
6 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Oliver Price STOP USING AD HOMINEM ATTACKS!
6 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Just because you say that does not make it true. Explain why I bring a new meaning to the word ignorance?
6 hours ago · Like

Amaar Ali Ausat Just bcos u say religion is bullshit doesnt make it true either. And work it out urself.
5 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I know. Which is why I make arguments. Every single argument for the existence of god(s) fail at a basic level.
Watchmaker Analogy is flawed because watches can't breed and they are made from things that already exist.
5 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price etc. etc.
5 hours ago · Like

Sadaqat Hussain You saaad motherfuckeerr, hope to see you back in 6th form
5 hours ago · Like · 2 people
Oliver Price Uh.. thanks. I did not initiate this conversation. It has just been me defending my position while simultaneously being polite and unjustifiably being called 'racist'.
I believe you guys are the sad mother fuckers if you believe that anyone who openly disagrees with you is racist.
5 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Now shoo and get a brain, I need to go out.
5 hours ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai rastafarianism ftw
5 hours ago · Unlike · 2 people

Sadaqat Hussain your dads a prick for producing a fugly gay cocksucker like you and your mums just a whore so go out and spin on it bitch
5 hours ago · Like · 3 people

Benj Munster religion is definitely a force, but whether it is good or bad or neutral depends on who's behind the force and what its being applied to
Oliver Price Finally an intelligent comment. Thank you benji.
5 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Anyway. Byebye
5 hours ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya oli the fact that you have joined the group 'draw muhammad day' shows that you support racism and therefore, indirectly are a racist. Please dont reply cos im not up for another debate, but it is something to think about. The campaign against Muhammad pbuh was hurtful and undeniably racist, and you encouraged such an act by promoting it through liking it.

William Duke ‎"Also, there are lots of stupid people on this planet." And I suspect that many people believe you are one of those.
3 hours ago · Like

Jordan Olney you need help
3 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Oliver Price Islam ain't a race Ak
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Ali. I support free speech and I the fact that people try to stop people drawing Mohammed under threat of violence is the reason I drew Mohammed. If people were threatened not t draw budda I would draw him. Please stop these stupid accusations.
2 hours ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya the draw muhammad campaign was racist. End of. Do not even try and justify supporting such disgusting act. And please, i dont want a debate
2 hours ago · Like · 1 person
Oliver Price It's not disgusting. It's an exercise of free speech. If you get offended I don't give a shit. I don't have to comply with your religious shit and the sooner you understand that the sooner we can stop arguing.
2 hours ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya jordan you are exactly right, he needs help, and he needs it fast!
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price No, you need to stop forcing people to follow your rules. You don't get Jews telling people to eat kosher.
2 hours ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya how am i forcing you to follow any rules?!
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price By telling me not to draw Mohammed.
2 hours ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya thats not my rules, that is humanity. Avoiding racism isnt my rules..
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price It's not fucking racist. You only think it is because it's part of your rules which I am not following. I can draw Mohammed, Jesus, Buddha and whoever the fuck I like.
2 hours ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya yes it is! In islam, it is clear that it is forbidden to draw muhammad out of respect for the great man and you are drawing him with a view to hurt muslims.
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Because they say we can't. Like I said. I don't subscribe to your rules and decreeing anybody who doesn't racist doesn't work.
2 hours ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya it is just like feeding pork to a muslim guy or feeding beef to a hindu. Is that not racist?
2 hours ago · Like

Sadaqat Hussain Ali, this faggot will get whats comin to him, thinks he knows what hes talkin about when really hes talkin outta his arse, allow this bitch
about an hour ago · Like · 2 people

Atsuro Atsay Zhai Zen-Buddhism ftw!
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya he's a lost cause imo, so stubborn sadaqat
about an hour ago · Like · 1 person

Benj Munster yeah cos most people in his case would just give in and convert to islam, wouldn't they
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya was that a cheap unecessary comment directed at me?
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya unnecessary*
about an hour ago · Like

Benj Munster I was just trying to point out how ridiculous this argument is and how when you say things like "he's a lost cause" its quite arrogant as in the end neither of you are ever gonna accept the other's argument and you'll persevere just as much as eachother

Ali-Reza Daya im sorry but calling the drawing muhammad campaign 'not racist' is absolutely ridiculous
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price No it is not. I am not violating your freedoms by drawing Mohammed, I am exercising my own. Force-feeding pork to a Jew/Muslim violates theirs because they have a right to eat what they want.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price ALSO, ISLAM IS NOT A FUCKING RACE!
AGHHH YOU ARE SOOOO FUCKING ARROGANT! EVEN ABDUL ACCEPTED THAT ISLAM ISN'T A RACE!
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Telling me not to draw Mohammed violates my rights to freedom of expression.
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya it is freedom of expression yes, doesnt make it not racist
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price ISLAM IS NOT A FUCKING RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price I'M PISSED OFF NOW, LISTEN!
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya racism includes religion
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T!!!!! THAT'S YOUR SKEWED NON EXISTENT VERSION OF RACISM!
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya it is arguable both ways
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Religion can be changed, Race cannot be changed.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price And no it can't
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya so?
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price So STOP CALLING ME RACIST!
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai It's still discrimination Oli
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price NO IT ISN'T!!
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Drawing a picture does not discriminate.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price It's a damn picture
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai But most of your argument of people who believe in a religion are 'stupid' is discrimination
Oliver Price No it's not. Their beliefs are stupid and it is demonstrably true.
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya the draw muhammad campaign had a picture of Muhammad in a turban with a bomb, isnt that discrimination to man that represented peace?

Atsuro Atsay Zhai So you don't think being called stupid is an insult then?
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya it doesnt seem right to call a belief stupid..
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price So people who believe they were abducted by aliens aren't either stupid, lying or mental?
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Ali, I drew Mohammed as a character from Portal 2, that's not even offensive. The bomb was to characterise Islamic terrorism from extremists. The people who use force to stop people insulting Islam.
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya the amount of people who believe your example to the amount that believe in God doesn not even bear comparison
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai Answer my question first, yes or no? Lying is not stupidity, mental problems is not stupidity
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎@Ali, I don't get what you saying?
@Atsuro You are correct. However, this means that the belief is still stupid even if the person isn't.
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya what i am saying is how can so many people in your eyes get it wrong, are the majority of the world stupid? and you call us arrogant
about an hour ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck SHWOOP
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai When will you answer my question? Do you think being called stupid is an insult, yes or no, pretty simple

Leo Jurascheck Sorry, couldn't resist. We are having fun, aren't we? o_O

Ali-Reza Daya btw oli, about the 'lost cause' thing, i apologise, it was unnecessary and shouldnt have done it
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Just because many people believe something doesn't make it true.
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya if you cannot prove against the existance of God, you cannot call the belief stupid.
about an hour ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Uh... yeah, I said that. Comment didn't go through, or got deleted, or something? SHWOOP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price FFS. The burden of proof is upon you Ali-Reza Daya
about an hour ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck CITATION NEEDED
about an hour ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell's_teapot
about an hour ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck You know, debating using Wikipedia is much more time-efficient.

Ali-Reza Daya i think you're misunderstanding, i am not saying i believe in God cos a lot of people do, i am saying that surely not everyone is stupid
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price haha leo
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya i cannot prove that God exists, but you cannopt prove he doesnt
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Burden of proof again, you need to prove it does. Not the other way round.
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai I realise you don't plan on answering my question 'Do you think being called stupid is an insult, yes or no', with a yes or no, because if you say no, you yourself will be seen as 'stupid', however if you say yes, then it will just go to show you are discriminating. So which do you choose, stupidity or discrimination?
Oliver Price They are stupid regarding their belief in God. I am stupid regarding many things such as the rules of sports or quantum mechanics to give a couple of examples
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Calling something stupid that is stupid is not discrimination, it's being honest.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price An insult is not a discrimination Atsuro Atsay Zhai]
about an hour ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Technically true Olly (ie?) but I gotta say, there's room for sensitivity. And yes, I know the whole "there's no reason to be any more sensitive towards theists than towards those with whom you do not share political beliefs" Dawkins spiel, but it makes for a better argument if you're a little more... reasonable.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price I tried to be Leo. But I just gave up being reasonable long ago.
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai again, yes or no? An insult targeting someone or a group of people, based on their beliefs, race, gender etc. is discrimination
Oliver Price Race, gender, yes. Belief has no inclusion there as beliefs can be changed. Would you call someone who claimed to be abducted by aliens a moron?
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Religious belief falls into that category.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Would you call a all people who believe in a flat earth stupid?
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai I'd need to know far more than that to make any judgement. What do you think of the KuKluxKlan oli? Stupid or 'honest'?
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya there is absolutely no logic behind thinking you are abducted by aliens, no scholars have tried to prove such a thing becasue it is not worth it. there are, however, logical reasons to why people believe in God and scholars have come up with reasons too
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price And even I can destroy all of those arguments one by one
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price You start at an assumed conclusion and work back from there.
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai Again, I would need to know about their background, some people are not as privileged or live in a modern civilisation to have a full understanding of the shape of the world, unlike us
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎@AtsuroFalse dichotomy. They are honest in the fact that they believe blacks are lesser is honest, however, they are also stupid.
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya no you cannot destroy it, you can find reasons against it, based entirely on your opinion
about an hour ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck ‎*(comments keep not going through) Well, the Klan are discriminatory because they're attacking people based on something that can't be changed or chosen, I suppose. Attacking beliefs is different, if sometimes in poor taste.
about an hour ago · Unlike · 1 person
Oliver Price That's a copout. Give me an argument for the existence of any gods and I shall destroy it. Try me.
about an hour ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai And why exactly are the KuKluxKlan stupid in your opinion, despite being honest?
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Because they believe false ideas that blacks are lesser. I don't doubt their honesty that they believe it though.
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya you cant destroy it, cos i will still believe in it. if you destroy something, it goes. forever.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Eh Ali? Give me an argument for the existence of God and I shall respond. I have yet to find a single conclusive one.
about an hour ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya conclusive FOR YOU
59 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Reality is objective, not subjective. What is true for me is also true for you whether you like it or not.
59 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Oh, come on Ali. It's late, give us something to think about Tongue What do you, personally - and if you don't wanna go into it, that's fine: just say - think is a good argument for believing in God? Me and Ollie are interested, honestly.
58 minutes ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai Doesn't that make you stupid too then? You believe Religious people are lesser minded than you because it does not suit your preference, I can safely tell you this, there are many religious people who are far superior to you intellectually
58 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Ali-Reza Daya what you're saying does not have to be true
58 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya ok here are my reason:
58 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya ‎1) i don't see a purpose of living if there is nothing after, i think we are created for a purpose, hence my belief in the afterlife
2) i cannot think for a second such an intricate design of the human body can be done by anything lowere than something supernatural
56 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Okay.
56 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya ‎3) if the Earth was a mm either way in space, it would be too hot or too cold
56 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck ‎1) We'll set aside the question of whether or not there is such a purpose, for now. Consider this: I'd say (correct me if you disagree) that your argument there is that religion is comforting in that respect, and so it's correct. Would you agree?
55 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck ‎2) Evolution, buddy. Its intricacy is incredible.
55 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya ‎1) yes religion is comforting, but that is not why i feel it is correct
55 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck ‎3) The anthropic principle, I'll link you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle
54 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya ‎2) i don't believe that evolution can be that accurate
54 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Here we go, this is discussion Big Grin Thank you Smile

1) So would you say your first argument was going for something different, that I missed?
54 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎@Atsuro Suit my preference? What? I have studied all of the arguments in great detail and found them logically inconsistent.

@Ali,
1) That's your emotion and reality does not care about your emotions.
2) *cough* evolution *cough*
3) If you consider the size of the universe rare events happen all the damn time. The chances of the one planet in the entire universe being in the Goldilocks zone are astronomically large.
54 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎2) No one gives a shit. It is true and can be proved with the fossil record, similarities in DNA and loads more.
53 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck ‎(sorry, I'll try and keep these together in future)

2) Accurate? How so? Explain what you mean.

3) Actually, Ollie explains the other part of the counter-argument, which I didn't have time to type.
53 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya tbh, i have not gone into the full depth of evolution, so my knowledge is far from sound, but a concept cannot be that accurate imo
52 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya all my reasons are not evidence, they are my reasons
52 minutes ago · Like

Kishan કીશન Paun okay, i cba to read this, but explain to me how things that were predicted in scripture 4000 years ago, about this day and age, are actually happening?
51 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Don't be so dismissive of evolution, actually look at the evidence. Your "opinion" doesn't matter unless someone can provide evidence for creation.
51 minutes ago · Like

Atsuro Atsay Zhai Oli, so you are saying all religious people are 'stupid' and lesser minded than you, because they do not believe, what you believe?
50 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Okay. Well, nor have I - although damn, genetics is intriguing - but believe me, evolution via natural selection fully shows how organisms can evolve, right up to humans. And if you're curious, look into it rather than just declaring your lack of knowledge an argument - trust me, if you're doing any science for A-level, you'll be interested. I'd advise TalkOrigins (that's the one, I think) for questions.
50 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya my opinion matters to me, and it is the correct one according to me and therefore, because evolution counteracts that, it counteracts my views and hence, it is wrong IN MY OPINION
50 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya lol i hate science Leo Jurascheck
49 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya listen, Oliver Price, David Braham's message was very sensible, and it would be wise to follow it
48 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Dude. You hate science? What's wrong with you, man? Big Grin What are you taking for A Level?
48 minutes ago · Like · 1 person

Leo Jurascheck And Kishan, sounds good, hit us with some. Examples of predictions?
48 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎@Ali, do you realise how close-minded that is? You're basically saying "I won't believe something because it contradicts my deeply held beliefs"
Also, I'm not surprised you hate science seeing as you can be so dismissive of it without knowi...
See more
47 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya that is not close-minded. if i say 'orange is a nice colour' why would i search for arguments saying that 'orange is a horrible colour' when it is obvious that i wont agree or believe in it
46 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya ‎'Leo Jurascheck, Maths, Economics, German, RS Smile
45 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck You're taking maths? -jaw drop- You're taking maths and you disagree with the concept of proof? And you hate science? I honestly cannot understand that. Maths is the purest science there Tongue
44 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck ‎*there is
44 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Because saying orange is a nice colour is not based on reality and is purely subjective. If you want to comment on reality you HAVE to go into science which is objective.

A colour you like= subjective
Reality= Objective
44 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya i dont like the natural sciences Tongue and of course i don't disagree with the concept of proof but i hold my hands up and say that i cannot prove that God exists
43 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Then why believe?
43 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Okay. Now we're getting somewhere. Why didn't you open with that? In that case, like Ollie says, what -are- your reasons?
43 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya God existing or not existing cannot be seen as reality until eother can be proven
42 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya i told you my reasons above
42 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck But... two of your reasons were objectively true or untrue. Since you say you aren't going with proofs or reasoning (okay, that's fine), you must be going with 1), which I read as "because it's comforting", or emotionally appealing. Is that right?
40 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price No, it is unscientific until either can be proven, you are making the positive claim that god exists and YOU have to prove it, not the other way round.
It's like at a trial, it's innocent until proven guilty and in science it's untrue until proven true.
And they are all fallacious and you are trying to use them to PROVE god.
40 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya not only comforting, logical in my eyes
40 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck I thought we weren't doing the logic thing... Okay, so
39 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya i wasnt using them to prove God Oli, i was merely stating why I believe in Goid
39 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya God*
39 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck let's narrow it down to this: your belief in God is based upon the belief that his existence is comforting, and therefore (the logic part, I suppose) he must exist. Is that correct? Tongue
39 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Yes, but through an objective lens, not so logical.
38 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price So basically you believe in god because of an emotional attachment and/or flawed logical arguments.
27 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya call it what you like, but essentially you are there. All of the stuff i have been taught, or how Oli likes to call it, 'indoctrinated', makes sense to me. I am not trying to preach or command you to follow my reasons, i am merely stating them, and leo, you are essentially right
25 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Actually, Ali, you are commanding me to follow your laws.

So you think an emotional attachment is a good reason to believe Ali, and if so why?
23 minutes ago · Like

Leo Jurascheck Okay, cool. Well, now that we've got there, I think that's a good place to leave - it's about time we were all in bed Wink One thing before I go (and damn, approaching 260 comments): Ali, next time you talk to someone about why they should believe in God, just tell them that - repeat my summary, or similar. It should speed things up.

Night all. Here's to more pleasant arguments, eh? ;D
22 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya no i am not oli. I would know what my motives are better than you. It links with the idea of feeling God, feeling his protection, its difficult to explain
21 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya lol leo, i am not telling you to believe in God
20 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎1) The not drawing Mo law you want me to abide by. I won't. If you drop it I shall say no more of it.

2) So it boils down to an emotional attachment. That's no reason to believe something. I don't believe in germ theory because I could not think to live universe where germ theory isn't true.
18 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya anyway, cya guys, interesting to hear your opinions and if i have offended any of you, please do forgive me
18 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya it is a reason for me, now lets drop it, please
17 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Bye bye. And please don't call me a racist in the future, I don't like it seeing as it is demonstrably false.
I should drop it because I am now winning the argument? I have no problem with you sharing your belief but you tell me to drop it because I show that your arguments are false that seems almost intellectually dishonest. Anyway, nighty night.
14 minutes ago · Like

Ali-Reza Daya i told you to drop it because it is 1.08 am and i want to sleep, no one can win or lose, it is merely a discussion involving opinion and i will still carry on thinking the DMD campaign was racist and/or discriminatory. Good night
12 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price You can think that but it's not true and frankly you saying just diminishes the meaning of those words even more.

So, I get unfairly called racist, have some really nasty comments (they bounce off me, but still) and I was kicked pretty hard in the back of the shin (It's pretty much fine now, but I could get a bruise) by some Muslim dickhead, which was then pretty much endorsed by another Muslim, for "dissin' his religion" when I was discussing logical contradictions of gods *with someone else*......
...and I STILL somehow come off as the bad guy. What the FUCK is this country coming to with its political correctness.
If I didn't need a reason to fight religion before, I bloody well do now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a little more PC bullshit if your eyes haven't already bled from the stupid.

Quote:David Braham
Dude, there is nothing wrong in believing in atheism and all that.
But there is something wrong with stupidizing and putting down other people and their beliefs.
You can believe in anything you want and that is fine, but you can't criticise others for believing something different.

And my response which I suspect will get a reply in the morning (It's late now).

Quote:Oliver Price Yes I can. Simple as. I am sure many of the people who commented on my threads were homophobic bigots and if I can show the thing that they believe that gives them the authority to be like that to be false then maybe they might stop being a bigot.
22 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price And why is religion so damn off limits? I bet you have no problem with the preachers. If I was publicly criticising a political party and it's policies no one would give a shit.
21 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Also, what about them calling me racist and all sorts of other libellous comments? And the nasty insults. Oh, but they're fine because they have RELIGION!
18 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Seriously, look through the comments. I was calm throughout, the worst I did was call stupid people stupid. Also, I didn't start this, what am I supposed to do, not defend myself?
17 minutes ago · Like
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More stupid from a leftist atheist.

Quote:Oliver Price
So, I get unfairly called racist and have some nasty comments (they bounce off me, but still)....
...and I STILL somehow come off as the bad guy. What the FUCK is this country coming to with its political correctness.
If I didn't need a reason to fight religion before, I bloody well do now.

Quote:Andy 'Andar' Leddington ‎"fighting religions" is exactly why people dislike you. I happen to be an atheist too, but i don't go round telling people their religion is wrong, because everybody has a right to believe what they want, and who are you to challenge that?
5 hours ago · Like · 7 people
Oliver Price I didn't say that Andym
3 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I mean FFS I was challenged in the first place.
2 hours ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington If you keep your beliefs to yourself, and the people who support them, then people wouldn't need to challenge you
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Why. No one gives a shite about the preachers when they're all open and shit and I have yet to see one person call them a dickhead for the insults etc. Also, why should one keep religious opinions to themselves but not political ones, huh?
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I personally think calling someone a racist when they aren't is worse than beating them in an argument.
2 hours ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Because religion is a sensitive matter, in that it can't be proved or disproved. We can see that this country's going to shit, but there is little to no proof of the existence or lack thereof of God, or Gods. It's unfortunate but that is the society that has evolved around us. People have different versions of what is racist, one person might see something as racist, whereas another might feel it acceptable.
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Racism is simple. If you insult some or discriminate someone purely based on the colour of their skin, you are a racist. Insulting someone's religion is NOT racist. Also, burden of proof.
2 hours ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Insulting someone's religion is racism. Are you honestly telling me that the Holocaust, or The Crusades were justified because they were not racist? Racism isn't just one clear-cut thing, to do with skin colour, it can be religion, birthplace and accent as well as skin colour.
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price The holocaust was racist because judaism is to some extent a race. The crusades weren't racist because I think they based it upon religion to get everyone to convert. Religion can be changed unlike race so please do fuck off.
2 hours ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Woah hang on, so Judaism is a race but all others arn't?
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price To some extent. Ever notice how a lot of Jews have black hair and hooked noses? This is probably because Judaism doesn't try to co convert people whereas the others tend to do it more.
2 hours ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington And people who are Muslims tend to wear burkas and have darker skin! Funny that isn't it...
I can give you a long list of people who are Jewish and who don't have black hair and hooked noses.
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price I know. Also, their race is Asian, Sikhs and Hindu also fall into this category. Also, the gene might be recessive I dunno'. But it is more of a race than other religions. I will happily call the Jewish religion stupid, though. Also, kosher I find barbaric and unnessacerily cruel to animals because they are left to choke on their own blood. According to your twited logic I am being racist against myself.
2 hours ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington How is my logic twisted, exactly? You're the one who is saying that one religion is more of a race than another religion. There isn't a Jewish gene you moron, it's a way of life not a genetic code.
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price The race is being a Semite. Which is why it's called anti-Semetism and not anti-Jew.
2 hours ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington If you actually knew what you were talking about, you would have known that a Semite was originally used to define a Semetic-speaking person from the middle-east, which included Akaadians and Phoenicians, as well as Hebrews. Semetic is used...
See more
2 hours ago · Like
Oliver Price Fair enough, but I think there is some evidence to suggest that a lot of Jews have a common ancestor. Even if there isn't though, the Nazis turned the Jews into a race to make te Aryan race superior.
2 hours ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Everyone is related to a common ancestor you idiot.
And by saying that you believe the Nazis made the Jews a race, and you support this idea, you are, in effect, saying you support a Nazi idea? Would you care to rethink this stance, or are you perfectly happy to say, on a social networking site, that you support the ideas of Nazis?
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Therefore making the Nazi ideology racist. Criticising the religion isn't.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington If you truly believe that, then go into any place of worship and make that argument to them, and see how well they take it. I promise you, discriminating or outwardly criticising religions is racist.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Oh dear andy I never thought you'd stoop so low. Maybe Jews aren't a race and I'm wrong but nonetheless the Nazis had a racist ideology because they used race as the prime factor for scapegoating and called the aryans a superior race. Oh and andy do you like motorways? Therefore you support the nazis.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington What?? Your argument is making less and less sense as you go on.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price The nazis made the first motorways. And if you like motorways you support the nazis. Andy let's assume that the Jews aren't a race at all and you might well be right. The nazis made the Jews a race so the could get all over the Jews were created as a lesser race idea ad that the aryan race is superior. Now please stop following your doomed argument.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Ok, don't ever patronize me again. It just proves that you're arrogant, a trait which most, if not all people find annoying in a person. If you want me to try and take your argument at least semi-seriously, then talk to me properly and don't just hide behind your pretentiousness.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Furthermore, the Nazis didn't invent the motorways, whereas, by your own admission, they did introduce the idea that Jewish people are a race. As such, you can't compare the two.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price They did invent motorways actually. Let's assume for the sake of argument that I am wrong and Jews aren't a race at all (and I might well be). What more does it tell you apart from the fact that I was wrong?
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Nothing, you are trying to compare me to a Nazi because you have no real arguing tactics.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington I wasn't comparing you to a Nazi, I was pointing out that you're openly sympathising with them.
The point of my argument was that you were wrong. Saying that I have no arguing "tactics" is, in essence, shooting yourself in the foot, as you were the one who said, " Let's assume for the sake of argument that I am wrong...(and I might well be)"
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price No I wasn't, I assumed that they were right not because it cam from a Nazi but actually because my dad, who is a Jew, told me that. I might well have been wrong, but what is your point?
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iSlPgrvdU
This is a great video from a woman from the council of ex-Muslims.
about an hour ago · Like

Christopher Crumbly Winward Godwin's Law. Now both of you shut the hell up >.>
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price I know Chris. That's how doomed Andy's argument is.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Do you remember what I said about being patronising? That still applies.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price I don't care Andy, in this instance you deserve it because you have been nothing but intellectually dishonest.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington How have I been dishonest?
about an hour ago · Like

Christopher Crumbly Winward Oh god I'm going to get millions of pointless notifications about this now aren't I?
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Yup.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Sorry Chris.
@Andy, You initiated Godwin's law, you refuse to accept the definition of racist (the actual definition not your twisted version of it). Now watch that video.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington I used the Holocaust as a perfect example of what I was talking about, stop trying to fall back on your phony law which holds no real sway anyway. My logic, and definitions are not twisted, it is the view of many people who would agree with me, namely that discriminating against religions is racist.
Ordering me to do things is not the way to win an argument.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Discriminating against someone purely because they are religious is not racist, but discriminatory. But when have I done this? I have merely said that every claim they have made is false. That's just being honest. Something I wouldn't do is harm someone because they are religious or not hire them for a job because they are.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Have you any proof that the claims they have made are false? Have you any proof that God or Gods do not exist? I'm not saying that there definitely is a God or not.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price I have proof that their claims are false. Yes. Both myself and Leo did it yesterday. I also can logically prove that *some* gods don't exist if they have conflicting attributes.
However, that doesn't matter, because the burden of proof is upon them to prove that god exists and you should know that.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington I do know that, hence why I am an atheist. If you can somehow show me the proof that you've compiled, and it absolutely proves that there is no way that a god can exist, then fine, but until then, I will stick with what I say and I think that people have a right to believe what they want to believe.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price So do I. People can believe whatever shit they want. But both you and I know it's stupid and we can say that, especially when challenged.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Agreed. But to go and actively point that out to people is not the way to get your ideas accepted, it's unethical.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price No it isn't. Especially when the group of people you are pointing it out to are unethical themselves. I am sure many people on that comment war were homophobic bigots. However, they are less of an issue, the big issue is where religious folk have power (such as the middle east) or are trying to get it (evangelical Christians in America).
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington It's when religious or political ideas are forced upon people that it becomes a problem. Surely if the leader of a country is religious, but that religion has nothing to do with their policies or the way they govern their country, it's not even related?
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price Yes, that's true. Sorry if I misconstrued myself, but the the extreme evangelicals in America (and there are a lot of them) want America to become a Christian theocracy.
about an hour ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington A theocracy is not the way to govern a country, on that I agree with you. But it's not me that you're going to have to convince.
about an hour ago · Like
Oliver Price So, will you take back calling me racist?
55 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price And I'm not trying to convince you.
55 minutes ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington By your definition of racism, you are not racist.
52 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price ‎*By the correct definition of racism, I am not racist.
52 minutes ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington ‎*sigh* we've just spent the last few hours saying that our definitions of racism are different. I'm leaving it there.
51 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/racism
Nothing to do with religion there.
Anyway, it hasn't been nice. Cya Andy.
49 minutes ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Although it does mention culture, a large part of which is religion
47 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price It actually says that is is racist to believe that race determines culture.
46 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Not that you shouldn't accept other cultures. Our culture is just PLAIN BETTER than some other cultures (i.e. cultures that deny human rights)
45 minutes ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Very well, you may not be the standard definition of racist. But calling people stupid because they believe something different to you is by no means right.
44 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Why? Their beliefs are stupid. Call me stupid right now with my knowledge of relativity or quantum mechanics or how *most* sports works. I dare you. I won't be offended and I have no need to be because I recognise my stupidity in these subjects. The only reason that you have so much against me calling their beliefs stupid is because they have the guise of religion.
40 minutes ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington That's fine. Believe that, I'm not stopping you, because unlike you I believe it's wrong to tell people what to, and what not to believe. You may feel different, and want to impose your atheistic ideas upon religious people, but should you do that, does that make you any better than the people who enforce their religions on other people?
37 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Impose? I run a society so people can see the other side of the story and have a YouTube channel. Imposing something would be using actual force. I don't think everyone should be an atheist, I would rather it because people could do things useful with their time, but they can believe whatever they want, but they can't retreat behind insults and libellous comments when they lose an argument they started.
28 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price Something which must be imposed is secularism.
28 minutes ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Ok, I'm not getting into the imposition of these things. It's morally wrong to force your ideas on people, but if that's what you want, go ahead. I'm just gonna drop this argument, coz neither of us are gonna reach an amicable conclusion because we both believe different things.
24 minutes ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington And we're too rooted in our own ideas to be persuaded to the others way of thinking.
23 minutes ago · Like
Oliver Price I DON'T FORCE MY IDEAS ON PEOPLE!!!!!
FORCING SOMEONE WOULD BE BLACKMAILING THEM OR THREATENING THEM OR SOMETHING!
/rant
I explain my ideas and refute bad ones, simple as.
22 minutes ago · Like

Andy 'Andar' Leddington Fine, whatever.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for bearing the stupid. May the force be with you.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2011 08:55 PM by Efrx86.)
RE: The Stupid. It Burns!
Fallacious beyond belief. But one shouldn't expect them to be rational.

btw I suggest you use spoiler tags for the whole conversation so people who don't want to read the whole text and want to get to the summary in the end, or have already read it all (like me) don't have to scroll too much.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2011, 10:06 PM
I loved how he said Americans are one of the only reasons we have wars in this world. Sheesh... I knew the argument was based purely on emotion and lies at that point... oh wait, like religion.

Honestly I don't get in "Holy Wars" on facebook, as they will simply end in disaster, idiots like to gang up with each other it seems, strength in numbers, I suppose.

I had some guy spam my you tube inbox with "convert to Islam" crap. I've read a good bit of the Koran, and it's pretty similar to the bible in it's mistreatment towards women. So converting that religion would pretty much mean turning in my political activist card. :/

When someone is obviously ignorant, and you can't have a face to face chat with them, I try not to argue. I use this deal with Creationists as well, they obviously have no objectivity or understanding of the basic tenets of biology. Anytime I discuss evolution with them they bring up the same tired arguments and I have to actually teach them evolution, I'm not a biologist, go ask a science teacher.

So when theist nutcases try to push their demented crap on me (not all theists, some of you are very intelligent people who are very thoughtful and insightful), I just ignore it, they are too wrapped up to even start to see things from a different point of view.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
03-07-2011, 08:55 AM

How did you not end the conversation sooner? They clearly weren't interested in or weren't capable of any honest, intelligent discussion. You're far too patient for your own good Tongue

Do you put up with this crap on a regular basis?
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2011, 09:15 AM
(03-07-2011 08:55 AM)Zach Wrote:  How did you not end the conversation sooner? They clearly weren't interested in or weren't capable of any honest, intelligent discussion. You're far too patient for your own good Tongue

Do you put up with this crap on a regular basis?

I have policy of never giving up an argument unless I have actually lost it in which case I shall admit defeat.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-07-2011, 09:40 AM
The original comment that started it all was pointless; why do people on Facebook insist on shoving their views down everybodies throats? The comment is also rather uneducated and ill-informed, you can't be evocative in a point if you're being aggressive, it gives off the wrong impression.

[Image: websig.png]
04-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Holy crap, that was long! Confused

I wish that religious people could at least come up with some new arguments. It gets so boring refuting the same ones over and over, just sometimes modified a bit.