RE: The Super Bowl
Doesn't sound like I missed much.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2015, 09:42 PM
The Seahawks snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Run Lynch twice from 2 yards out and they win.

Imbecilic play call.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
01-02-2015, 10:42 PM
(01-02-2015 09:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Seahawks snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Run Lynch twice from 2 yards out and they win.

Imbecilic play call.

Pete Carroll is explaining it and giving props to Malcolm Butler for his interception.

Time to add another banner:

[Image: pennants.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2015, 10:49 PM
(01-02-2015 10:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 09:42 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  The Seahawks snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Run Lynch twice from 2 yards out and they win.

Imbecilic play call.

Pete Carroll is explaining it and giving props to Malcolm Butler for his interception.

Time to add another banner:

[Image: pennants.jpg]

Gotta give it to Lynch, class act. I would have BBQ’d Bevel.

"With the seconds ticking down, trailing 28-24, facing a second-and-goal on the New England Patriots' 1-yard line, the Seattle Seahawks didn't hand the ball to the most bruising running back in the NFL.

Instead of running with Marshawn Lynch, offensive coordinator Darrell Bevel called a pass, Russell Wilson was picked off and the Patriots sealed the victory.

NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala asked Lynch after the loss if the running back was surprised he didn't get the ball. "No," he replied.

When pressed further why he wasn't surprised, the running back known as "Beast Mode" said, "because football is a team sport."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Well, even though Seattle lost Weeping it was a good game. There have been Super Bowl games that were total washouts, where halfway through the game was essentially over.

I don't care what anyone says, I still liked the dancing sharks, beach balls and palm trees but I think it's because it reminds me of summer and sun and warmth, something that is lacking at the moment.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-02-2015, 12:01 AM
(01-02-2015 11:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't care what anyone says, I still liked the dancing sharks, beach balls and palm trees but I think it's because it reminds me of summer and sun and warmth, something that is lacking at the moment.

Not where I live. It's dancing sharks year round here. :-)

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
02-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Our Lord Tardar Sauce has spoken.

[Image: 58721975.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-02-2015, 05:50 AM
If I had been that Seahawks receiver who made that amazing catch to put them on the 1, only to see what happened. I would kick my coach in the fucking nuts! That was as bad as MISSING a layup dunk in the NBA.

You have a RB who is a steam roller and a QB who runs like greased lightening and your coach says throw it up the middle on the 1? Who the fuck is this coach, the guy who broke Tut's beard? YOU HAD THEM BY THE BALLS SEATTLE! What the fuck was that? You're shoe is untied.

That was a DOH!

Oh and that halftime show? That looked like a Royal Wedding meets Breaking Bad. The lion was horrid, Perry's flame dress looked like something out of a Hot Rod magazine. And lighting be balls in the Pepsi logo? REALLY corporate America, do you have to beat the shit out of people to buy stuff as if we don't know already?

I had no horse in the race as far as the game. First half was boring to me. The ending was dramatic for anyone watching. You feel bad for the Hawks if you were rooting for them, and you are happy as a pig in slop if you were rooting for the Pats. Certainly had a dramatic ending.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
02-02-2015, 05:52 AM
(02-02-2015 12:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Our Lord Tardar Sauce has spoken.

[Image: 58721975.jpg]

We don't care that you don't care. I find it funny that you comment in a thread when you say you dont care. You care enough to point out to others you dont care.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell others who do this. You don't like football. Ok and? I don't like soccer or golf or baseball. Other people do.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
02-02-2015, 11:59 AM
I didn't care who won, just wanted to see an entertaining game -- and I got my wish. It was the most entertaining finish of any Super Bowl I've watched. I couldn't stop laughing after that circus catch on the 5 yard line. I was extremely impressed by the resilience and fighting spirit of both teams. They both played well enough to win, but when two great teams go head-to-head, someone has to lose.

The halftime show didn't do a thing for me -- a mediocre performance of mediocre pop music with cheesy outfits. Meh. I was impressed by how quickly she was able to change clothes.

Great game, though.