The TTA Theological Argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2013, 10:50 AM
The TTA Theological Argument
Sitting here, enjoying my morning hot chocolate, I had a revelation. I've solved the dilemma of religion.

I present... the TTA Theological Argument.

1. A religious text requires human beings to exist;
2. A religious text does not require a god to exist;
3. If one religious text can exist without a god, then all religious texts can exist without a god;
Therefore:
4. Religious text is not proof of a god;

You're welcome, human race. Let's now celebrate an era of world peace with another hot chocolate.

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like guitar_nut's post
14-02-2013, 10:54 AM
RE: The TTA Theological Argument
Nuh uh. Some are revealed to the angels and by angels, (Moroni and Gabriel). So much for the TTA TA.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-02-2013, 11:23 AM
(14-02-2013 10:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nuh uh. Some are revealed to the angels and by angels, (Moroni and Gabriel). So much for the TTA TA.

But needed humans to write it down. Nyaaa, nyaa.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2013, 11:25 AM
(14-02-2013 10:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Nuh uh. Some are revealed to the angels and by angels, (Moroni and Gabriel). So much for the TTA TA.
Is it possible for the Book of Mormon to exist without a god? Yes! Can divine golden plates exist without an angel? No, but then, we don't have the plates.

My TTATA (tah-tah to my fans) survives round one with BB.

'Scuse me while I do my WLC dance! Big Grin

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
[+] 1 user Likes guitar_nut's post
14-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Shouldn't it be "TTA theological argument". Instead of "the TTA..." (the the thinking atheist...) Consider

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
14-02-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't even know where to start. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
14-02-2013, 11:49 AM
(14-02-2013 10:50 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I present... the TTA Theological Argument.
"The" TTA Theological Argument? Excuse me while I withdraw some cash from the automatic ATM machine with my personal PIN number.

Refuting one proof doesn't make it the thing it proves "unproven" or "unproveable"... that's the argument from fallacy. But still, I've often pondered on why any god would require the invention of reading and writing to spread his or her message. Why not simply inscribe his or her instructions into his or her creations' minds? Some people never become literate, and it seems a little unfair to exempt them from knowing what their creator wants simply because they don't have the capacity to find out.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
14-02-2013, 11:52 AM
(14-02-2013 11:25 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
Is it possible for the Book of Mormon to exist without a god? Yes! Can divine golden plates exist without an angel? No, but then, we don't have the plates.

My TTATA (tah-tah to my fans) survives round one with BB.

'Scuse me while I do my WLC dance! Big Grin
That's a scary thought. [Image: f33bcc7ea1fcdb9f4f33c6e0f2c6f4ac.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
14-02-2013, 10:10 PM
(14-02-2013 10:50 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  Sitting here, enjoying my morning hot chocolate, I had a revelation. I've solved the dilemma of religion.

I present... the TTA Theological Argument.

1. A religious text requires human beings to exist;
2. A religious text does not require a god to exist;
3. If one religious text can exist without a god, then all religious texts can exist without a god;
Therefore:
4. Religious text is not proof of a god;

You're welcome, human race. Let's now celebrate an era of world peace with another hot chocolate.

You forget the logic process of the people you are trying to disprove. Remember, "if you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."

Lucky for you, I have a Christian logic filter I found after an abortion rally one Saturday, so I know what the appropriate responses are to your disproofs.

"While it IS possible for the texts to exist without God, you can't prove that God didn't write them."

"If they were written by man, how do you explain all the prophesies and predictions that all 100% came true that couldn't have been predicted by man?"

"Religion isn't about some book, it's a personal relationship and a desire to live a good life."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
14-02-2013, 10:29 PM
"~I have a Christian logic filter I found after an abortion rally one Saturday~"

Well... I spit out my drink on the keyboard, pissed down my leg and laughed until I coughed up a kidney. Or maybe it was my spleen. I'm not real good at identifying organs.

Oh and, I'll be stealing that line.

Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post