The Taste of Blood

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: The Taste of Blood
(06-06-2016 10:16 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 09:29 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  funerals have always seemed strange to me. a bunch of people showing up to stare at an embalmed corpse in a box. no thanks. my body is going to be burned and the ashes scattered. i dont like having a bunch of people hanging around me while im alive, so i figure why change my policy once im dead?

Funerals aren't bound to any one form of body-disposal.

Right. All four members of my immediate family have died, all were cremated, one of the four had his ashes scattered at a favorite spot -- but all four had pretty standard funerals.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-06-2016, 04:45 PM
We had a memorial for mom, she was well known in the community and a couple hundred attended. It did flow along the lines that she wanted. She requested "Alice's Restaurant" be played, and we did indeed sing along to that. People got up and took the microphone, talked about her and the good times. No woo WHAT-SO-EVER! Smile
Dad, we did as he wished too and scattered his ashes off Point Wilson in Port Townsend. That was pretty cool, several boats, flowers on the water. Not much needed be said.
My wife's mother is the only recent traditional burial. Her dad, I took his ashes along with another friend's ashes up in the plane. My wife, the friend's wife and daughter came along and we scattered those two on the flanks of Mt. Rainier and also in the Pacific off Grays Harbor. When you cover ground at 200 miles an hour a second spot is not much of a consideration.
Both were favorite places for the two guys who did not know each other in life.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
09-06-2016, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking that I'll just donate my remains to a body farm. That'll give grad students something to do.

The family can print up cheap plaques with an epitaph to hang on the wall or something.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
09-06-2016, 10:14 AM
(09-06-2016 09:28 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  I'm thinking that I'll just donate my remains to a body farm. That'll give grad students something to do.

The family can print up cheap plaques with an epitaph to hang on the wall or something.

Yes! This is something my mom and I have talked about. There's a big one in Tennessee that we'd probably donate to.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
10-06-2016, 09:57 AM
(05-06-2016 05:12 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 05:00 PM)Banjo Wrote:  You took a gun holster to a funeral???

Blink
He doesn't go anywhere without it. Probably showers with his gun or perhaps has gun shaped soap.

Laugh out load