The Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2016, 04:46 PM
RE: The Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing
(20-05-2016 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 03:57 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  The main one is to be kind at all times, I try not to be insulting or bullying but I find myself being insulted and told I'm going to Hell, I'm a bad person, I don't have morals...

but you never heard it from me even after you said that Joseph Smith is "con man".
I still can say that you are not going to hell, you are wonderful person and I am sure you have morals. Smile
Even when atheists on purpose say "Morons" instead of "Mormons", even when they call me names, I am as nice as I can be.

Luke 18 :11-14

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2016, 04:47 PM
(20-05-2016 04:34 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Fortunately for me, I don't have to worry about what Jesus is claimed to have said. When someone hurts or offends me, I choose not to be a victim.
When I follow what Jesus said and someone offends me I don't feel like victim in the first place. It feels good not feel yourself like victim.
I also learned something from GirlyMan. He is like Jesus. Oops, he is Jesus. Sorry, GirlyMan. Smile

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
20-05-2016, 04:49 PM
(20-05-2016 04:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  but you never heard it from me even after you said that Joseph Smith is "con man".
I still can say that you are not going to hell, you are wonderful person and I am sure you have morals. Smile
Even when atheists on purpose say "Morons" instead of "Mormons", even when they call me names, I am as nice as I can be.

Luke 18 :11-14
go on.

20-05-2016, 04:53 PM
I especially like # 8. If you start outwith unreasonable assumptions. How can you sound reasonable?
The worst thing thou canst possibly do in a conversation is reducing yourself to being beyond reason. Many skeptics will only listen to you if you sound like a reasonable person. Realize this and think about it while you talk.
20-05-2016, 05:00 PM
(20-05-2016 04:53 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I especially like # 8. If you start outwith unreasonable assumptions. How can you sound reasonable?
The worst thing thou canst possibly do in a conversation is reducing yourself to being beyond reason. Many skeptics will only listen to you if you sound like a reasonable person. Realize this and think about it while you talk.

From that same item: "Skeptics are fully capable of rational thought and treating them any less than rational normal people will only result in a bitter end to what could have been a useful conversation."

My irony meter melted.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
20-05-2016, 05:23 PM
"Thou Shalt Not Waste Time"

"Thou Shalt Be Reasonable!"

Soooo... don't evangelize then? These commandments seem rather self defeating to online witnessing.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
20-05-2016, 05:35 PM
(20-05-2016 04:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  I always apologized to you when you told me that you were offended, didn't I?
I didn't know anything about your friend and you called me "insensitive". I apologized any way.
What is this that really offends you? Please, talk to me.
I realize that I probably shouldn't use word "correct". I meant more that I was agreeing with you because I already knew the answer. I know why many Jewish people separate themselves from Gentiles. I know too many Jewish people. I was surrounded by them for many years.
So, please, tell me, what is so offensive? I am ready/open to hear you.

You don't have to defend yourself to me, Alla. I've always found you to be polite and pleasant. and you will never hear me call Mormons "morons." I generally disapprove of name calling. You are o.k., Alla, despite your defense of the Mormon proclivity for child marriage.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
20-05-2016, 09:11 PM
I'm not much for being friendly. The difference in belief is a line in the sand. Christianity and Islam promote hate and discrimination despite what they claim. Their actions speak louder than their words.

Proof or GTFO.
20-05-2016, 09:14 PM
(20-05-2016 05:35 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 04:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  I always apologized to you when you told me that you were offended, didn't I?
I didn't know anything about your friend and you called me "insensitive". I apologized any way.
What is this that really offends you? Please, talk to me.
I realize that I probably shouldn't use word "correct". I meant more that I was agreeing with you because I already knew the answer. I know why many Jewish people separate themselves from Gentiles. I know too many Jewish people. I was surrounded by them for many years.
So, please, tell me, what is so offensive? I am ready/open to hear you.

You don't have to defend yourself to me, Alla. I've always found you to be polite and pleasant. and you will never hear me call Mormons "morons." I generally disapprove of name calling. You are o.k., Alla, despite your defense of the Mormon proclivity for child marriage.
thank you so much. I can say only good words about you, too.
I don't defend Mormon proclivity for child marriage. But I believe that in those times in that culture it was very common for older men to marry very young girls.
We can't understand them they wouldn't understand us.
There is also big difference between marriage and SEALING. Joseph Smith was SEALED to young girls, he didn't have sex with them.

20-05-2016, 09:24 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus