The Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: The Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing
(20-05-2016 09:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 05:35 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  You don't have to defend yourself to me, Alla. I've always found you to be polite and pleasant. and you will never hear me call Mormons "morons." I generally disapprove of name calling. You are o.k., Alla, despite your defense of the Mormon proclivity for child marriage.
thank you so much. I can say only good words about you, too.
I don't defend Mormon proclivity for child marriage. But I believe that in those times in that culture it was very common for older men to marry very young girls.
We can't understand them they wouldn't understand us.
There is also big difference between marriage and SEALING. Joseph Smith was SEALED to young girls, he didn't have sex with them.

Nothing complicated about it. Women were still viewed as more like property then people in a less culturally evolved era so marrying and fornicating with younger girls wasn't frowned upon.

The stain in your religious underoos is that your side were always those impeding the changes for equality, often times with reprehensible behavior. And a big reason why those of us who choose logic over faith nearly vomit when you all stand on your pedestal holding the moral high ground over our heads.

A woman holds the most reasons to take a steaming shit on The Bible. I'll never understand any woman defending a book that basically tells them to know their role and shut their hole.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
20-05-2016, 09:38 PM
(20-05-2016 09:30 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 09:14 PM)Alla Wrote:  thank you so much. I can say only good words about you, too.
I don't defend Mormon proclivity for child marriage. But I believe that in those times in that culture it was very common for older men to marry very young girls.
We can't understand them they wouldn't understand us.
There is also big difference between marriage and SEALING. Joseph Smith was SEALED to young girls, he didn't have sex with them.

Nothing complicated about it. Women were still viewed as more like property then people in a less culturally evolved era so marrying and fornicating with younger girls wasn't frowned upon.

The stain in your religious underoos is that your side were always those impeding the changes for equality, often times with reprehensible behavior. And a big reason why those of us who choose logic over faith nearly vomit when you all stand on your pedestal holding the moral high ground over our heads.

A woman holds the most reasons to take a steaming shit on The Bible. I'll never understand any woman defending a book that basically tells them to know their role and shut their hole.
LDS Doctrine teaches that husband and wife are EQUAL companions with different responsibilities.
So, in Church of Jesus Christ women are not viewed as something less equal than men. Women have very important roles and missions. Women are highly respected.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
20-05-2016, 09:43 PM
(20-05-2016 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  but you never heard it from me even after you said that Joseph Smith is "con man".

Alla, Joe WAS a convicted con man. He is not a con man because of the Morman stuff. He committed fraud. Whether one calls him a con man because they feel he was lying about the mormon stuff is irrelevant. He was convicted of fraud.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_S...ice_system

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
20-05-2016, 09:59 PM
(20-05-2016 09:43 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 04:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  but you never heard it from me even after you said that Joseph Smith is "con man".

Alla, Joe WAS a convicted con man. He is not a con man because of the Morman stuff. He committed fraud. Whether one calls him a con man because they feel he was lying about the mormon stuff is irrelevant. He was convicted of fraud.

Please, tell me how many times Joseph Smith was convicted and in what trials?
Please, list every one of them
thank you

20-05-2016, 10:00 PM
(20-05-2016 09:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 09:30 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Nothing complicated about it. Women were still viewed as more like property then people in a less culturally evolved era so marrying and fornicating with younger girls wasn't frowned upon.

LDS Doctrine teaches that husband and wife are EQUAL companions with different responsibilities.
So, in Church of Jesus Christ women are not viewed as something less equal than men. Women have very important roles and missions. Women are highly respected.

Spin it however you like.

Don't Mormons practice polygamy? Nothing says equality like a man getting to wed multiple women. Say? Can a woman have multiple husbands?

Your beliefs are founded on lies that were hijacked by a con artist who amped the lies up even more to make himself more than a mortal.

I'm not name calling when I say you have to be willfully ignorant, mentally retarded or gullible to the nth degree to believe the shit they're selling.
20-05-2016, 10:07 PM
(20-05-2016 09:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 09:43 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Alla, Joe WAS a convicted con man. He is not a con man because of the Morman stuff. He committed fraud. Whether one calls him a con man because they feel he was lying about the mormon stuff is irrelevant. He was convicted of fraud.

thank you

Edit: No. Not doing this.
20-05-2016, 10:36 PM
(20-05-2016 09:43 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Alla, Joe WAS a convicted con man. He is not a con man because of the Morman stuff. He committed fraud. Whether one calls him a con man because they feel he was lying about the mormon stuff is irrelevant. He was convicted of fraud.

thank you

The Wikipedia page lists one conviction, February 1837, on charges of illegal banking. Reading the charge, I think today we would call it counterfeiting. Banks issued their own scrip in those days.

The page TOC referenced also lists many, many instances of bailjumping, fleeing jurisdictions, and evading extradition. I hope you can understand that actions like that don't exactly proclaim virtue and innocence.
[+] 5 users Like I Am's post
21-05-2016, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 01:10 AM by Alla.)
http://en.fairmormon.org/Mormonism_and_c...Background

The Kirtland Safety Society was found by a jury to be an illegal bank, however, there does not seem to have been a willful effort to deceive or extort

In short, the KSS was found by a jury to be an illegal bank. The leaders of the Church made a sincere effort to solve the pressing financial problems which beset them, and were probably hasty and somewhat naïve about the undertaking. There does not seem to have been a willful effort to deceive or extort. And, the legal issues are not entirely clear, even in retrospect:

The question whether the activities of the Society in 1837 were indeed unlawful under Ohio law requires considerable and fairly sophisticated legal analysis. Although we are now satisfied that the activities of the Society did indeed violate the proscriptions of the 1816 Ohio Statute, that conclusion is not entirely free from doubt, even with the benefit of hindsight. It must have been much less clear in 1837, when Joseph Smith was faced with a decision as to how to proceed in the face of the refusal of the Ohio Legislature to grant a charter.[23]

In any case, the financial crisis of 1837 likely could not have been averted even if all the legalities had been observed.

21-05-2016, 01:11 AM
(20-05-2016 10:36 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 09:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  Please, tell me how many times Joseph Smith was convicted and in what trials?
thank you

The Wikipedia page lists one conviction, February 1837, on charges of illegal banking. Reading the charge, I think today we would call it counterfeiting. Banks issued their own scrip in those days.

The page TOC referenced also lists many, many instances of bailjumping, fleeing jurisdictions, and evading extradition. I hope you can understand that actions like that don't exactly proclaim virtue and innocence.

thank you!! you know what for Smile

21-05-2016, 01:57 AM

thank you

Well, since you're too goddamn lazy.

February 1837
-Illegal banking
-Guilty, each fined $1000

January 1838
-Banking fraud
-Fled from Ohio to Missouri

August 10, 1838
-Threatening Judge Adam Black
-Grand jury hearing scheduled; no hearing held due to Smith's fleeing to Illinois

November 12, 1838
-Treason against Missouri
-Escaped custody and fled from Missouri to Illinois

May 1844
-Perjury, fornication and adultery
-Trial scheduled; Smith was killed before trial was held

June 11, 1844
-Inciting a riot (against the Navoo Expositor newspaper)
-Granted $500 bail; Smith was killed before trial was held

June 24, 1844
-Treason against Illinois
-Killed by a mob awaiting trial

Funny how someone who wasn't a con-man managed to constantly evade the law and piss off enough people in the process that they eventually executed him with a mob. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post