The Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2016, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2016 08:27 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing
His reputation is "tarnished" beyond repair. He was a common snake-oil con-man. It HAS BEEN PROVEN he claimed falsely to be able to read Egyptian hieroglyphs, BEFORE the knowledge of the Rosetta Stone came to America. He was nothing but a liar and con-man.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-05-2016, 03:15 AM
(21-05-2016 03:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  His reputation is "tarnished" beyond repair. He was a common snake-oil con-man. It HAS BEEN PROVEN he claimed falsely to be able to read Egyptian hieroglyphs, BEFORE the knowledge of the Rosetta Stone came to America. he was nothing but a liar and con-man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Abraham

The Book of Abraham is an 1835 work produced by Joseph Smith that he said was based on Egyptian papyri purchased from a traveling mummy exhibition. According to Smith, the book was "a translation of some ancient records ... purporting to be the writings of Abraham, while he was in Egypt, called the Book of Abraham, written by his own hand, upon papyrus". Smith's translation of the papyri describes a story of Abraham's early life, including a vision of the cosmos.

The work was canonized in 1880 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) as part of its Pearl of Great Price. Thus, it forms a doctrinal foundation for the LDS Church and Mormon fundamentalist denominations of the Latter Day Saint movement. It is not considered a religious text by the Community of Christ. Other groups in the Latter Day Saint movement have various opinions regarding the Book of Abraham, with some rejecting and some accepting the text as inspired scripture. The book contains several doctrines that are unique to Mormonism, such as the concept of God organizing eternal, pre-existing elements to create the universe instead of creating it ex nihilo.

The Book of Abraham papyri were thought lost in the 1871 Great Chicago Fire. However, in 1966 several fragments of the papyri were found in the archives of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, and in the LDS Church archives. They are now referred to as the Joseph Smith Papyri. Upon examination by professional Mormon and non-Mormon Egyptologists, these fragments were found to bear no resemblance to Smith's interpretation, and were identified as common Egyptian funerary texts, dating to about the first century BC. As a result, the Book of Abraham has been the source of significant controversy, with Mormon apologists having presented a number of theories in defense of the authenticity of the Book of Abraham.

Alla, that is why Joseph Smith is a con-man. He couldn't translate hieroglyphics, and when his worked was checked by Egyptian scholars, his work was shown to be utter fraud.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2016, 05:37 AM
(21-05-2016 03:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 03:00 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  His reputation is "tarnished" beyond repair. He was a common snake-oil con-man. It HAS BEEN PROVEN he claimed falsely to be able to read Egyptian hieroglyphs, BEFORE the knowledge of the Rosetta Stone came to America. he was nothing but a liar and con-man.

The Book of Abraham is an 1835 work produced by Joseph Smith that he said was based on Egyptian papyri purchased from a traveling mummy exhibition. According to Smith, the book was "a translation of some ancient records ... purporting to be the writings of Abraham, while he was in Egypt, called the Book of Abraham, written by his own hand, upon papyrus". Smith's translation of the papyri describes a story of Abraham's early life, including a vision of the cosmos.

The work was canonized in 1880 by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) as part of its Pearl of Great Price. Thus, it forms a doctrinal foundation for the LDS Church and Mormon fundamentalist denominations of the Latter Day Saint movement. It is not considered a religious text by the Community of Christ. Other groups in the Latter Day Saint movement have various opinions regarding the Book of Abraham, with some rejecting and some accepting the text as inspired scripture. The book contains several doctrines that are unique to Mormonism, such as the concept of God organizing eternal, pre-existing elements to create the universe instead of creating it ex nihilo.

The Book of Abraham papyri were thought lost in the 1871 Great Chicago Fire. However, in 1966 several fragments of the papyri were found in the archives of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, and in the LDS Church archives. They are now referred to as the Joseph Smith Papyri. Upon examination by professional Mormon and non-Mormon Egyptologists, these fragments were found to bear no resemblance to Smith's interpretation, and were identified as common Egyptian funerary texts, dating to about the first century BC. As a result, the Book of Abraham has been the source of significant controversy, with Mormon apologists having presented a number of theories in defense of the authenticity of the Book of Abraham.

Alla, that is why Joseph Smith is a con-man. He couldn't translate hieroglyphics, and when his worked was checked by Egyptian scholars, his work was shown to be utter fraud.

Amazing how blatant and clear cut to who Joseph Smith was and how he operated, people still want to believe that Joey's Book of Bullshit has any credibility.

I'll also throw this in, Joey's Book of Bullshit references the Jaredites, who came to America after the Tower of Babel event in the bible. The Tower of Babel is total bullshit, Joey starts off basing his story on a bullshit mythology that's blatantly false. Too bad "The Spirit"; or whatever he called the voices in his head, didn't enlighten Joey about how the tower of Babel mythology is false.

No need to even read Joey's Book of Bullshit after he references the Tower of Babel, he proves himself to be a storyteller and he embarrasses himself to reference this story as the basis of the origin of his first prophet.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
21-05-2016, 05:59 AM
Nice try at a thread Vosur Tongue

I like is one:

Quote:Commandment #4

Thou Shalt Use Thy Bible Search Engine With Great Ferver and Dilligence!

How canst thou take on the forces of the Evil One without thy sword? The answer is YOU CAN'T!! The internet has one huge advantage that witnessing in real life will never even come close to comparing to- Bible search websites. Twenty years ago if you were witnessing to a person and they produced a difficult question you had no answer to it might take a week or longer before you could get back to them. Not anymore. Drop the question into Google and have your answer. Type some text into a Bible search engine (like Blueletterbible.org) and have a verse in 5 seconds. What an amazing tool! Don't waste it!

Hebrews 4:12- For the word of GodGoogle is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. and fucken works. Unlike the word of God.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-05-2016, 09:48 AM
Back to the Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing. Forgot the most important one.

#11 Don't be a DICK!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-05-2016, 10:04 AM
(21-05-2016 05:37 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 03:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Amazing how blatant and clear cut to who Joseph Smith was and how he operated, people still want to believe that Joey's Book of Bullshit has any credibility.

I'll also throw this in, Joey's Book of Bullshit references the Jaredites, who came to America after the Tower of Babel event in the bible. The Tower of Babel is total bullshit, Joey starts off basing his story on a bullshit mythology that's blatantly false. Too bad "The Spirit"; or whatever he called the voices in his head, didn't enlighten Joey about how the tower of Babel mythology is false.

No need to even read Joey's Book of Bullshit after he references the Tower of Babel, he proves himself to be a storyteller and he embarrasses himself to reference this story as the basis of the origin of his first prophet.

We all have high hopes that humanity would favor logic over a swindling con man and embellished stories of magic but the human need to believe in total, complete bullshit is highly underrated. Hence...the idiotic Mormon church.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-05-2016, 11:09 AM
(20-05-2016 09:30 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Nothing complicated about it. Women were still viewed as more like property then people in a less culturally evolved era so marrying and fornicating with younger girls wasn't frowned upon.

O.K., I get it. My own ancestors, the native Americans, who had multiple wives were "less culturally evolved" because they believed that no woman should be without support from a man. So, it wasn't really about an obligation to support every member of the community, it was actually about fucking.
21-05-2016, 01:37 PM
(21-05-2016 01:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-05-2016 09:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  Please, tell me how many times Joseph Smith was convicted and in what trials?
Please, list every one of them
thank you

Well, since you're too goddamn lazy.

February 1837
-Illegal banking
-Guilty, each fined $1000

January 1838
-Banking fraud
-Fled from Ohio to Missouri

August 10, 1838
-Threatening Judge Adam Black
-Grand jury hearing scheduled; no hearing held due to Smith's fleeing to Illinois

November 12, 1838
-Treason against Missouri
-Escaped custody and fled from Missouri to Illinois

May 1844
-Perjury, fornication and adultery
-Trial scheduled; Smith was killed before trial was held

June 11, 1844
-Inciting a riot (against the Navoo Expositor newspaper)
-Granted $500 bail; Smith was killed before trial was held

June 24, 1844
-Treason against Illinois
-Killed by a mob awaiting trial

Funny how someone who wasn't a con-man managed to constantly evade the law and piss off enough people in the process that they eventually executed him with a mob. Drinking Beverage

He was not found guilty accept one trial. Business failed. It doesn't mean that Smith was a con man.
A lot of people wanted to destroy Joseph Smith. I have an idea why.
They finally killed him. I have and idea why.
But I don't have to share this idea on this forum.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
21-05-2016, 02:12 PM
(21-05-2016 09:48 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Back to the Ten Commandments of Online Witnessing. Forgot the most important one.

#11 Don't be a DICK!
I think that that would be considered rule 1.1, it would be a subpoint of being humble.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
21-05-2016, 06:47 PM
(21-05-2016 01:37 PM)Alla Wrote:  He was not found guilty accept one trial. Business failed. It doesn't mean that Smith was a con man.

The evidence is clear that he was a con man.

Quote:A lot of people wanted to destroy Joseph Smith. I have an idea why.
They finally killed him. I have and idea why.
But I don't have to share this idea on this forum.

You don't have to share anything at all on this forum. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post