The Theology of God is an Asshole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: The Theology of God is an Asshole
(26-07-2012 08:28 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  This hostile theme crap seems to be the tone of the average Atheist and, maybe that's the "cool" Atheist thing to do nowadays, but it really just overwhelms me.

Your "avoiding the question" crap is the tone of the average theist. You've been presented with quite a lot of data as to why people condemn the god described in the bible, yet you left the question un-addressed. I suggest that that is what is really overwhelming you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2012, 08:45 PM
(25-07-2012 09:30 AM)kim Wrote:  
(25-07-2012 08:43 AM)Ghost Wrote:  But how can God have any characteristics or do any of these things if he doesn't exist?

Kirk, Spock, Sulu, God, Scotty, Uhura, Bones, Tribbles, Nurse Chapel, Chekov... Atheists discuss lots of fictional people. Some are corrupt like God, while others make real, positive, and lasting contributions to living... like everyone else listed. Wink

Damn I didn't get the memo...not a Sci Fi fan, especially Star Trek...do I have to turn in my Atheist card? Weeping

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-07-2012, 08:46 PM
(26-07-2012 08:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its the fact that when you read the OLD TESTAMENT God seems like quite a dick, hardening Pharoh's heart( which made things harder for his people and Moses) and killing thousands of other people of different beliefs....

Also, keeping the women who were virgins for unknown reasons.Dodgy

Its a trial to some of us, how you could justify that, and then square the circle to God is good.

Its plainly obvious that God( Obvious for those who read the bible.)is not good, and to hear a person who worships the thing, and is suppossed to know better than us, say such things, is kind of frustrating to us

What I want to do is to try and give a layout of my understanding of the scriptures and how they might be conveying a God that is actually good.
I can tell when a conversation is going to be counter-productive, non-civil and sour. On the flip side, I always try to understand what an Atheist is trying to convey to me. I research their material and ask questions to form an unbiased opinion of my own.
From the looks of it, Atheists don't take the same approach. It looks as if the average Atheist doesn't really care... just likes to say bull crap because they hate religion because their an Atheist that hates religion because their an Atheist... and religion is hated by them... Atheism. Cool

So, talk about frustration.. I just want a freakn level-headed, unbiased (Don't bring your pillow-punchin anger) conversation.
Believe me, I get it. Religion is a major deal of destruction and chaos throughout history and blah dee blah.

Eh, forget it.
I'm goin to bed

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
26-07-2012, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 08:54 PM by Vosur.)
(26-07-2012 08:28 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  This hostile theme crap seems to be the tone of the average Atheist and, maybe that's the "cool" Atheist thing to do nowadays, but it really just overwhelms me.

This is the dialogue I am afraid of in my next skype meeting No
It seems to me like you are desperately trying to find a reason not to answer the questions you were asked.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-07-2012, 08:49 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 09:03 PM by ideasonscribe.)
(26-07-2012 08:42 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Your "avoiding the question" crap is the tone of the average theist. You've been presented with quite a lot of data as to why people condemn the god described in the bible, yet you left the question un-addressed. I suggest that that is what is really overwhelming you.

Well at least I know who to avoid now. Dodgy

k, bed... sleep
now

Vosur Wrote:Why do you avoid answering the questions we asked you?

What is this?
Everyone getting their tampons wet because I didn't answer them?

So basically, you're saying I'm obligated to respond on this forum with walls of theological, philosophical text responses to every answer or you ache and complain at me?

What's up? Maybe I should stop expressing how I feel, and just be all technical and glib all the time.
Not answering you (for the sake of sleep, at the moment) is not avoidance. On an average day, I would love to answer the said questions.
But in the manner you all dropped them, I personally felt the want to comment on your demeanor instead since I just recently posted something I didn't want to post on the Skype thread - saying that I actually might attend this Sunday.
If I am not ready to deal with Atheist that get hard on spitting on Christian Theists, then I am not darn well ready for it.
So take some pills that make you chill, I took mine... and it hasn't taken affect yet... <.<

Maybe I'll go to bed soon..

—Jeremy LaBorde
[+] 1 user Likes ideasonscribe's post
26-07-2012, 08:50 PM
(26-07-2012 08:46 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  What I want to do is to try and give a layout of my understanding of the scriptures and how they might be conveying a God that is actually good.

That's fine, but you haven't done that. You said you read the Bible and decided God is good. We have read the Bible and think the God described therein is a dickhead.

Go ahead and give us your take.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-07-2012, 08:52 PM
[Image: angry-atheist.jpg]

I see equal amounts of hostility on both sides. Yours is that passive aggressive, holier than thou condescension. Ours is a bit more direct.

And of course atheist is misspelled. Pet peeve.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
26-07-2012, 09:07 PM
(26-07-2012 08:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It seems to me like you are desperately trying to find a reason not to answer the questions you were asked.

It seems to me like you're desperately trying to get me to answer the same question you've heard countless Theists answer so you can so proudly put it down to fortify your position.

You seem nicer on skype. More like a prick on text.

—Jeremy LaBorde
26-07-2012, 09:11 PM
I've been laughing at the "fuck you cock bag" line for 5 minutes.
26-07-2012, 09:13 PM
(26-07-2012 09:07 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 08:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It seems to me like you are desperately trying to find a reason not to answer the questions you were asked.

It seems to me like you're desperately trying to get me to answer the same question you've heard countless Theists answer so you can so proudly put it down to fortify your position.

You seem nicer on skype. More like a prick on text.

If you're not going to engage, why are you even here?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user