The Theology of God is an Asshole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 09:13 PM
RE: The Theology of God is an Asshole
(26-07-2012 09:11 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I've been laughing at the "fuck you cock bag" line for 5 minutes.

As someone that can swear with the best of them, I must say that's a new one on me.

You laugh...I will just shake my head.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-07-2012, 09:17 PM
(26-07-2012 09:07 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 08:49 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It seems to me like you are desperately trying to find a reason not to answer the questions you were asked.

It seems to me like you're desperately trying to get me to answer the same question you've heard countless Theists answer so you can so proudly put it down to fortify your position.

You seem nicer on skype. More like a prick on text.
I don't recall asking any theist other than KC for his opinion as to why the christian god is supposed to be good, so that's hardly the case. You see, it's stunning to hear that a being that supposedly commited and ordered genocide and other atrocities is supposed to be good. Using that logic you could just as well say that Hitler was a good man. [Godwin's law Dodgy]

The way you phrased your general reply to the people who answered you seemed like you wanted to avoid answering the questions in general. If you actually meant that you don't want to do so right now because you are going to sleep, then you have my apologies.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-07-2012, 09:19 PM
(26-07-2012 09:11 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I've been laughing at the "fuck you cock bag" line for 5 minutes.

And as far as the Jesus Loves You, that's just plain wrong. Jesus HATES atheists.

"But mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

-Luke 19:27

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
26-07-2012, 09:20 PM
(26-07-2012 09:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you're not going to engage, why are you even here?Consider

Touché

You obviously understand what I do not about this forum. That we can only respond with an answer, no matter what time it is, under any circumstance.
It's - respond or leave

Bowing

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
26-07-2012, 09:22 PM
See ya!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-07-2012, 09:25 PM
(26-07-2012 09:20 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 09:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you're not going to engage, why are you even here?Consider

Touché

You obviously understand what I do not about this forum. That we can only respond with an answer, no matter what time it is, under any circumstance.
It's - respond or leave

Bowing

You are posting and whining, but not answering.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2012, 09:28 PM
(26-07-2012 09:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't recall asking any theist other than KC for his opinion as to why the christian god is supposed to be good, so that's hardly the case. You see, it's stunning to hear that a being that supposedly commited and ordered genocide and other atrocities is supposed to be good. Using that logic you could just as well say that Hitler was a good man. [Godwin's law Dodgy]

The way you phrased your general reply to the people who answered you seemed like you wanted to avoid answering the questions in general. If you actually meant that you don't want to do so right now because you are going to sleep, then you have my apologies.

Well, even though you asked KC for his opinion on this topic, I wouldn't mind addressing this issue later on when I'm not laying in bed with my laptop falling asleep (well I was..)
So basically, I thought as normal human people, you would understand that not every moment of every day is a good moment to answer tough important questions.

I'm sorry for being... well, grumpy.

Later

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
26-07-2012, 09:30 PM
(26-07-2012 09:28 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 09:17 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I don't recall asking any theist other than KC for his opinion as to why the christian god is supposed to be good, so that's hardly the case. You see, it's stunning to hear that a being that supposedly commited and ordered genocide and other atrocities is supposed to be good. Using that logic you could just as well say that Hitler was a good man. [Godwin's law Dodgy]

Well, even though you asked KC for his opinion on this topic, I wouldn't mind addressing this issue later on when I'm not laying in bed with my laptop falling asleep (well I was..)
So basically, I thought as normal human people, you would understand that not every moment of every day is a good moment to answer tough important questions.

I'm sorry for being... well, grumpy.

Later
We shouldn't keep you from sleep,bro. I am sure you will have an answer for usThumbsup

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
26-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Guys guys, cool it! You Know Who is on His way down!!

On a... waterfall staircase....?

[Image: jesus-coming-from-heaven.gif]

Scribe, perhaps you should go to bed. I'm alarmed at your perpetual looming narcolepsy.

Perhaps tomorrow, you will have answers and the mood will be more pleasant in here. After some of the "bad apple" (i.e. alcoholic) atheists head on home and the pacifist ones log on to survey the scene in horror (what happened in here!?).

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
26-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Alright you scamps... what sort of mayhem have you been up to in here? Are you pestering the Theists with questions again? Surely not logic... you know they can' oh, never mind... you imps are just adorable; you slay me.

Be sure you clean up when you're done.
Toodle-oo! Evil_monster

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post