The Theology of God is an Asshole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2012, 12:44 AM
RE: The Theology of God is an Asshole
What carnage am I witnessing here?

Boys and girls, please be careful with your toys. When we buy you a new theist to play with, look after it or you won't get another one until you say sorry.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
27-07-2012, 03:29 AM
(26-07-2012 09:36 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Guys guys, cool it! You Know Who is on His way down!!

On a... waterfall staircase....?

[Image: jesus-coming-from-heaven.gif]

That would be cool if he took a tumble at the end. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-07-2012, 01:54 PM
He looks like he's modeling a new toga. Out this Fall; the new Spirit line. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-07-2012, 02:10 PM
(26-07-2012 08:28 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 01:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  And just what is it that you see as good about a god who orders slaughter of thousands and thousands of men, women and children? Drowns them on purpose? Approves of selling your daughters into slavery? Approves of slavery in general? Tricks "his children" into becoming mortals by creating a snake that speaks and an apple that is sin? Blames every human born thereafter for it and curses them with the "mortal sin"? Creates the plague, cancer, tsunamis, hurricanes and what have you?

znk666 Wrote:So what?
Based on the information we have about this imaginary character,the most fitting description for him is that he is an oppressive,cruel and heartless dictator.
For example based on Star Wars we can characterize Darth Vader as an evil villain.

Chas Wrote:What version of the Bible were you reading? Some comic book?

The God described in the Bible is a petty, selfish, tyrannical, genocidal, misogynistic horror.

Vosur Wrote:I'm interested in how you could possibly come to the conclusion of the god described in the Bible being a good one without being religiously deluded.

This hostile theme crap seems to be the tone of the average Atheist and, maybe that's the "cool" Atheist thing to do nowadays, but it really just overwhelms me.

This is the dialogue I am afraid of in my next skype meeting No

What is hostile about what I wrote?

I did read the bible and the first testament is more horrid than Grimm's fairytales. Blood flows all the time, on the orders of god. God tells people to go and kill other people's first borns and all of that.

Have you not read that? If you did read the bible, how can you come away with the conviction that god is good? How can someone good order all this slaughter?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
27-07-2012, 02:19 PM
(27-07-2012 02:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  Have you not read that? If you did read the bible, how can you come away with the conviction that god is good? How can someone good order all this slaughter?

Eh er... Dom; mysterious ways... you know... mysterious ways ... Shockingthe plan Blink ... the plan.

Eh, screw it... I don't get it, either. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
27-07-2012, 02:22 PM
God isn't the asshole, but the idea of God, something all perfect, all good, all powerful, is something I hate.

Because that idea can cause people to do shit that is totally unacceptable, and evil.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
27-07-2012, 03:10 PM
(27-07-2012 02:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  What is hostile about what I wrote?

Just excuse my behavior last night. If you catch me at the wrong time, I tend to get all emotional and edgy.
It's almost like I've got swinging personalities lol
One day I'm a focused individual, the next I'm breaking expensive printers ( Ask my wife Drinking Beverage )

You'll probably see me swing this way and that more as I post more on this forum.
If you want to play along with me, that's fine, I'll be fine the next day Thumbsup

OFF TOPIC:: I'm going to see about starting a band again.
Have any of you heard of Saosin?
Cove Reber is my vocal influence. I sing at his range and his style.

I'm excited about it... that's why I wanted to share... Big Grin

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
27-07-2012, 03:22 PM
(27-07-2012 03:10 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(27-07-2012 02:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  What is hostile about what I wrote?

Just excuse my behavior last night. If you catch me at the wrong time, I tend to get all emotional and edgy.
It's almost like I've got swinging personalities lol
One day I'm a focused individual, the next I'm breaking expensive printers ( Ask my wife Drinking Beverage )

You'll probably see me swing this way and that more as I post more on this forum.
If you want to play along with me, that's fine, I'll be fine the next day Thumbsup

OFF TOPIC:: I'm going to see about starting a band again.
Have any of you heard of Saosin?
Cove Reber is my vocal influence. I sing at his range and his style.

I'm excited about it... that's why I wanted to share... Big Grin

Do it... I would Love to hear you sing....good.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
27-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Superman doesn't exist, but we see him as a good guy with awesome powers. With your logic we shouldn't give him a label because he doesn't exist. The joker is a prick and he doesn't exist, but his character portrays him as a psychopath.

Justin
05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
The Theology of God is an Asshole
(27-07-2012 05:40 PM)Kinger Wrote:  Superman doesn't exist, but we see him as a good guy with awesome powers. With your logic we shouldn't give him a label because he doesn't exist. The joker is a prick and he doesn't exist, but his character portrays him as a psychopath.

You lost me at "Superman doesn't exist."
Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post