The Theology of God is an Asshole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2013, 10:02 AM
RE: The Theology of God is an Asshole
(25-07-2012 08:43 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Can someone help me out with this one?

When discussing God, a lot of Atheists say things like, he's a total prick, he kills innocents, he brings misery and suffering, he's selfish, he makes serial killers and rapists, he damns people for eternity, he causes evil. Basically, they characterise God as a an asshole.

But how can God have any characteristics or do any of these things if he doesn't exist?

If one doesn't believe that God exists, then how can one believe he has qualities?

For example, I would never say something like, "Santa is an asshole because he doesn't bring everyone gifts." He doesn't bring ANYONE gifts because he doesn't exist, so what the fuck?

Can anyone explain this one to me?

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-05-2013, 10:21 AM
the truth is nobody really knows if god really exist or not technically. but if he exist he certainly is an asshole who enjoy watching every body suffer here in this world he created continuing hating him is better whether hes real or not . Any way if that god concept is also real that means that heaven and hell are also real right? are we really the one who should be punished in hell just incase we are sinners? just incase if we are the concept of eternity in hell cannot be true since all crimes has a coresponding penalty how about him shouldnt he be punished in hell more than us he is the reason why there is crime .that is if god really exist at least satan is really doing his job well in earth
25-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Did Ideasonscribe ever respond to the question?
25-05-2013, 03:19 PM
So my position on this seems unchanged and not in any need of change:
* If we deduce that God is an asshole, then all religions dependant upon a benevolent God are proven false.
* If we deduce that God is an asshole and does exist then he should be fought against rather than worshipped, or else our morality is lost completely.
Either way, our deduction does not reflect well on the theist's ideas or the theist's worship.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.